Windows 10: Task View doesn't work when any applications are open

Discus and support Task View doesn't work when any applications are open in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; As stated in the title, the Task View pane doesn't show up when any applications are running on that virtual desktop. It works normally when nothing is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mineramc, Dec 8, 2020.

1. mineramc Win User

Task View doesn't work when any applications are open

As stated in the title, the Task View pane doesn't show up when any applications are running on that virtual desktop. It works normally when nothing is open, and all keyboard shortcuts remain functional even when the task pane doesn't show up.

Windows Information:

Edition Windows 10 Education
    Version 20H2
    Installed on ‎6/‎15/‎2020
    OS build 19042.662
    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

:)

mineramc, Dec 8, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Task View doesn't work when any applications are open [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Dec 8, 2020
  3. Windows 10 task view assign applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing difficulty in assigning the applications to a specific virtual desktop. Let me help you in clearing your doubts.

The virtual desktops feature in Windows 10 is called “Task View” and is located on the Taskbar.

I suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Click Task view. When you open the Task View interface for the first time, or you only have one desktop, the “Add a desktop” button is available.

Step 2: Click it to add virtual desktop.

Step 3: Open the apps that you want to use on that desktop.

Step 4: Click Task view again to switch between desktops.

Hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on Windows related query and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Dec 8, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Task view button not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step1: End Task the Windows Explorer.

• Open task manager (CRTL+SHIFT+ESC)
    • Right-click on windows explorer
    • End task (Note: don’t close Task manager)
    • Click on File > Run new task
    • Type explorer.exe and press enter
    • Your search bar should be functional again.

Step 2: If Taskbar is not working then I suggest you to check for the latest updates.

• Press Windows logo key +R, enter
      MS-settings:
      and then press OK. This opens Settings.

• In Settings, go to Update & security >
      Windows Update, and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

Step 3: Some problems can be fixed by signing out of your account and then signing back in. Press Ctrl + Alt+ Delete and select
    Sign out. Once you’ve signed out, sign back in to your account.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Task View doesn't work when any applications are open - Similar Threads - Task View doesn't

2. Task View not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task View not open: My task view just does not open when clicking on the icon. But whenever I click on the icon, alt+tab proceed to not work as well. Have to restart explorer whenever it happens...
  3. Task View not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task View not open: My task view just does not open when clicking on the icon. But whenever I click on the icon, alt+tab proceed to not work as well. Have to restart explorer whenever it happens...
  4. Application is working fine when runned manually, but when is running from task it doesn't

Application is working fine when runned manually, but when is running from task it doesn't: Hello there,That's it basically, when i run the app manually is able to find the files than it supposed to look for and work with them as it should, but when running from a task, even with my user, although the application run, it's unable to find the files to start...
  5. Task View Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task View Not Working: Windows timeline just states "use your pc more to see your activities here". I am not sure how to solve this and a solution will be much appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-view-not-working/9e7f54cd-63da-4236-abea-a86ae6f9c607
  6. Task View Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task View Not Working: Windows timeline just states "use your pc more to see your activities here". I am not sure how to solve this and a solution will be much appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-view-not-working/9e7f54cd-63da-4236-abea-a86ae6f9c607
  7. Task View Not Working

8. Voice Recorder doesn't work when any other application with sound is open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Voice Recorder doesn't work when any other application with sound is open: does anyone know a fix for this? I can't use the app if I'm playing games or watching videos or anything like that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/voice-recorder-doesnt-work-when-any-other/0c759aed-e244-4e67-9c54-71ebbc8cc9fd
  9. Win + Tab doesn't open task view anymore

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win + Tab doesn't open task view anymore: I think I pressed a combination of buttons on accident and now my win + tab shortcut selects things. How to I switch it back to task view?...
  10. Issue with multiple desktops (task view?) and opening applications

in Windows 10 Support
    Issue with multiple desktops (task view?) and opening applications: Say I have a desktop 1 with MS Word open. If I then open another desktop (desktop 2), and then open a word file from my hard drive on desktop 2, windows 10 will take me out of desktop 2, put be back on desktop 1, and then open the file I requested. I then have to open the...