Windows 10: Task View gets more laggy the longer explorer is open

Discus and support Task View gets more laggy the longer explorer is open in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As per title. I use multiple virtual desktops and I switch between them clicking the Task View button (yes I know about Ctrl+Win+Arrow I use that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mattzildjian, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Task View gets more laggy the longer explorer is open

As per title.

I use multiple virtual desktops and I switch between them clicking the Task View button (yes I know about Ctrl+Win+Arrow I use that too).

The longer explorer is running the more laggy opening up Task View becomes, until it gets unbearably slow. At which point I restart explorer.exe which temporarily solves it until it gets slow again.

I have had this bug for as long as I can remember, I have been using windows 10 since release day.

submitted by /u/mattzildjian
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mattzildjian, Jul 10, 2020

2. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Jul 10, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Task view button not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step1: End Task the Windows Explorer.

• Open task manager (CRTL+SHIFT+ESC)
    • Right-click on windows explorer
    • End task (Note: don’t close Task manager)
    • Click on File > Run new task
    • Type explorer.exe and press enter
    • Your search bar should be functional again.

Step 2: If Taskbar is not working then I suggest you to check for the latest updates.

• Press Windows logo key +R, enter
      MS-settings:
      and then press OK. This opens Settings.

• In Settings, go to Update & security >
      Windows Update, and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

Step 3: Some problems can be fixed by signing out of your account and then signing back in. Press Ctrl + Alt+ Delete and select
    Sign out. Once you’ve signed out, sign back in to your account.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jul 10, 2020
  4. Geethu B Win User

Task View gets more laggy the longer explorer is open

Task View Blue Screen

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• What happens when you open task view from task bar?
    • Are you able to switch between all of your open apps on multiple desktops?

Are you trying to disable task view feature in Windows 10? If yes, please try these steps.

a. Right-click on task bar.

b. Uncheck show task view button.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

Task View gets more laggy the longer explorer is open

1. Task View gets more laggy the longer explorer is open - Similar Threads - Task View gets

2. Task View not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task View not open: My task view just does not open when clicking on the icon. But whenever I click on the icon, alt+tab proceed to not work as well. Have to restart explorer whenever it happens...
  3. Task View not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task View not open: My task view just does not open when clicking on the icon. But whenever I click on the icon, alt+tab proceed to not work as well. Have to restart explorer whenever it happens...
  4. Explorer is laggy

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer is laggy: Hey i am Evan And i m having problem in my laptop, the problem is that the explorer is not working like when i click on music.mp3 or video.mp4 it lags and not respond windows 10 ram 8gb...
  5. Task View laggy!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task View laggy!: I found older threads on this issue but no definitive resolution. After about a day from reboot, bringing up task view is becoming progressively "laggy". The effect for those of us who make extensive use of this feature - is very distracting. From everything I read - this is...
  6. task view no longer works

in Windows 10 Customization
    task view no longer works: task view used to show programs that I have opened on different days now it only shows the one that is open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-view-no-longer-works/e1e354d7-e254-4699-9743-4f68e9e505a6
  7. Task View Laggy?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task View Laggy?: Hey everyone, I am a long time MacBook Pro user (and still am), but I recently got a new PC :D It's a pretty badass laptop: i9-9880H 8 Core CPU 16GB RAM 1TB Nvme SSD 4K Dobly HDR 500NIT touchscreen nVidia GTX 1650 4GB Max-Q I love it. Naturally using MacBooks for the last 10...
  8. Task View won't open links

in Cortana
    Task View won't open links: Hi, When I enter Task View it shows all my previous entries. When I click on an Internet entry it no longer opens the link. I'm not sure why it is doing this, as it worked before. I'm on 1903. Is anyone else experiencing this, or has a possible troubleshooting fix?...
  9. Task view no longer opens word docs in full version

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task view no longer opens word docs in full version: After an update yesterday, when I go to Task View and open a recent document it no longer opens in the full version of Word. I now have to go to the file folder to get it open in the full version. How do I get Task View to revert to open Word files as I last used them in the...
  10. Computer started to get more laggy

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer started to get more laggy: Hi all, Does anyone know how to fix my problem? One year ago, the computer was installed with Windows 7 and was upgraded to Windows 10. About 3 months ago, the computer ran fine, and even the startup time was <10sec. 2 weeks ago, I got a virus and quickly deleted it...