Windows 10: Task View gets progressively slower based on up time

Discus and support Task View gets progressively slower based on up time in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is it just me, or does Task View take longer to open the longer your system has been on? I recently upgraded to 32 GB of RAM and am still encountering... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/grizzlypass, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Task View gets progressively slower based on up time

Is it just me, or does Task View take longer to open the longer your system has been on? I recently upgraded to 32 GB of RAM and am still encountering the issue.

submitted by /u/grizzlypass
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/grizzlypass, Nov 10, 2019

2. Progressively Slower Internet

For months I have been trying to understand why my internet connection becomes progressively slower as I use my Dell XPS8700 PC. I seem to have read every "solution" on the internet, and tried most of them, but nothing makes any long-term difference. My
    one solid clue is that a restart "cures" the problem (ie normal internet speeds return) but then the same progressive slowing starts all over again. A normal shut down and startup of the PC does not "cure" the problem in the same (temporary) way.

Any suggestions would be more than welcome!

Traveller43516, Nov 10, 2019
  3. Task View

It's the Task View, not the Task Bar, that is the problem. I should be getting the popup (right clicking on Task View) showing the options for additional Desktops, not the five options for the Task Bar. A 'chat' with MS Solutions said that I should reinstall
    Windows 10 to MAYBE correct this problem. Any suggestions to correct?? Thanks for your interest...I really appreciate it.
    The Task View is the only feature that I may like on 10!!

Whitfield orWiemholt, Nov 10, 2019
  4. Task View gets progressively slower based on up time

Windows 10 task view assign applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing difficulty in assigning the applications to a specific virtual desktop. Let me help you in clearing your doubts.

The virtual desktops feature in Windows 10 is called “Task View” and is located on the Taskbar.

I suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Click Task view. When you open the Task View interface for the first time, or you only have one desktop, the “Add a desktop” button is available.

Step 2: Click it to add virtual desktop.

Step 3: Open the apps that you want to use on that desktop.

Step 4: Click Task view again to switch between desktops.

Hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on Windows related query and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Nov 10, 2019
Thema:

Task View gets progressively slower based on up time

1. Task View gets progressively slower based on up time - Similar Threads - Task View gets

2. Drag and drop gets progressively slower to react on drop event.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drag and drop gets progressively slower to react on drop event.: Experiencing an issue with dragging and dropping files, which gets progressively slower to react to the drop event, eventually taking several seconds to react as I drop a file within a target. Does anyone have an idea why this is happening? Restarting resolves the issue....
  3. Drag and drop gets progressively slower to react on drop event.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drag and drop gets progressively slower to react on drop event.: Experiencing an issue with dragging and dropping files, which gets progressively slower to react to the drop event, eventually taking several seconds to react as I drop a file within a target. Does anyone have an idea why this is happening? Restarting resolves the issue....
  4. View progress of RAID1 synchronisation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    View progress of RAID1 synchronisation: HI everone,is there a way to view the progress of a software RAID1 sync on Win10?All I see is this "Synchronisation is repeated" and the taskmanager shows roughly 300mb/s of storage access for the "System"-Process. Syncing the whole HDD should therefore take roughly 15h. But...
  5. View progress of RAID1 synchronisation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    View progress of RAID1 synchronisation: HI everone,is there a way to view the progress of a software RAID1 sync on Win10?All I see is this "Synchronisation is repeated" and the taskmanager shows roughly 300mb/s of storage access for the "System"-Process. Syncing the whole HDD should therefore take roughly 15h. But...
  6. View progress of RAID1 synchronisation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Your Phone app getting progressively slower on windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Your Phone app getting progressively slower on windows 10: Hi, when I first got my pc, the "your phone" app was very convenient and fast, especially when my phone was away from me. But I've noticed it's gotten progressively slower and sometimes texts won't even go through and just keep say "sending". Any idea of why this could be?...
  8. Get stuck in task view with gestures

in Windows 10 Customization
    Get stuck in task view with gestures: When I use gestures (4 finger swipe up) to get to task view and see all applications, I cannot get out of it. Swipe down, clicking on a window, nothing will get me out of that view which renders my computer frozen for about 1 minute until the view closes on its own. My...
  9. Outlook Tasks view screwed up--

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook Tasks view screwed up--: I did 'something' to mess up my 'normal' view of Tasks. After playing around with Views I've ended up with a view that's close to what I initially had. Two features are missing. Previously, if I were to hover on a Date box or Status box (which is absent from this view and I...
  10. Boot time is getting slower and slower

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot time is getting slower and slower: I built my latest PC and upgraded the Windows 10 Home 32 bit to 64 bit back in December. I have 32GB RAM and have an I7 processor. My boot times continue to get slower and slower the past several months. I have googled solutions and tried many including booting into safe (no...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 app task view delay fix

2. pc becomes progressively slower