Windows 10: task view no longer works

Discus and support task view no longer works in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; task view used to show programs that I have opened on different days now it only shows the one that is open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tomboy24151, Feb 19, 2020.

1. task view no longer works

task view used to show programs that I have opened on different days now it only shows the one that is open

:)

tomboy24151, Feb 19, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Task view button not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step1: End Task the Windows Explorer.

• Open task manager (CRTL+SHIFT+ESC)
    • Right-click on windows explorer
    • End task (Note: don’t close Task manager)
    • Click on File > Run new task
    • Type explorer.exe and press enter
    • Your search bar should be functional again.

Step 2: If Taskbar is not working then I suggest you to check for the latest updates.

• Press Windows logo key +R, enter
      MS-settings:
      and then press OK. This opens Settings.

• In Settings, go to Update & security >
      Windows Update, and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

Step 3: Some problems can be fixed by signing out of your account and then signing back in. Press Ctrl + Alt+ Delete and select
    Sign out. Once you’ve signed out, sign back in to your account.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Feb 19, 2020
  3. Task View

It's the Task View, not the Task Bar, that is the problem. I should be getting the popup (right clicking on Task View) showing the options for additional Desktops, not the five options for the Task Bar. A 'chat' with MS Solutions said that I should reinstall
    Windows 10 to MAYBE correct this problem. Any suggestions to correct?? Thanks for your interest...I really appreciate it.
    The Task View is the only feature that I may like on 10!!

Whitfield orWiemholt, Feb 19, 2020
  4. task view no longer works

Task view in windows 10

Hello ReinaldoEspinosa

i suggest to Follow the below steps:

To start your system in safe mode with Networking, follow the below steps:

Press and hold Shift key and restart your Computer.

Select Troubleshoot.

Select Advance Option.

Select Startup Settings.

Follow the on Screen instruction.

Select Safe mode with Networking, from the list of options

Also you can to restart Windows Explorer

Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete from you Keyboard.

Then click on Task Manager.

Now find Windows Explorer from process list of windows task manager.

Right click on Windows Explorer & select restart.

Let me know if it works or you need further assistance.

Regards

MarcosAraujo2, Feb 19, 2020
Thema:

task view no longer works

1. task view no longer works - Similar Threads - task view longer

2. Task view button not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task view button not working: Hello, Problem:My computer had windows re-installed and after that I tried to use Task View, but upon clicking the Task View button or Windows key + tab it just refreshed the entire screen and nothing happened... Also I have tried other methods, like going to settings >...
  3. Task view button not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task view button not working: Hello, Problem:My computer had windows re-installed and after that I tried to use Task View, but upon clicking the Task View button or Windows key + tab it just refreshed the entire screen and nothing happened... Also I have tried other methods, like going to settings >...
  4. Task view button not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why is the Task View is no longer showing activity history

Why is the Task View is no longer showing activity history: The task view button used to show active tasks and a nice list by day of activity history. Now it only shows current active tasks and history for Jan 10-11.In settings/privacy, It is checked to collect activity history for my account.thank you...
  6. Task View Not Working

Task View Not Working: Windows timeline just states "use your pc more to see your activities here". I am not sure how to solve this and a solution will be much appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-view-not-working/9e7f54cd-63da-4236-abea-a86ae6f9c607
  7. Task View Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task View Not Working: Windows timeline just states "use your pc more to see your activities here". I am not sure how to solve this and a solution will be much appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-view-not-working/9e7f54cd-63da-4236-abea-a86ae6f9c607
  8. Task View Not Working

9. Task view not working properly

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Task view not working properly: Task view was working good before. But now it only records history of Microsoft news and store. I tried reinstalling windows, but did not work. Even there is no clear history button in privacy settings. #Please tell what to do???????...
  10. Scrolling not working in Task View

Scrolling not working in Task View: As the title mentioned, I can not scroll my activities in Task View, it is only possible via the scroll bar that appears on the screen but not from my mouse or touchpad. I tried the following solutions but with no solve: - Installing a new version of windows -...