Windows 10: Task View not Working, Win+Tab Refreshes desktop and taskbar instead

Discus and support Task View not Working, Win+Tab Refreshes desktop and taskbar instead in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; As it says in the title, I can't use the task view feature. Pressing the button on the taskbar or using Win+Tab only 'refreshes' the desktop. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ChristopherPeterson1, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Task View not Working, Win+Tab Refreshes desktop and taskbar instead

As it says in the title, I can't use the task view feature. Pressing the button on the taskbar or using Win+Tab only 'refreshes' the desktop.

I have tried ending explorer.exe and running it again but the didn't seem to have any effect.

So instead I have to use keyboard shortcuts to access my virtual desktops which is a pain and puts me off using that feature altogether.

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks.
    Christopher

:)

ChristopherPeterson1, Nov 9, 2018
  2. jag__2 Win User

Task View not Working, Win+Tab Refreshes desktop and taskbar instead

As it says in the title, I can't use the task view feature. Pressing the button on the taskbar or using Win+Tab only 'refreshes' the desktop.

I have tried ending explorer.exe and running it again but the didn't seem to have any effect. I haven't found anyone with the same problem yet.

So instead I have to use keyboard shortcuts to access my virtual desktops which is a pain and puts me off using that feature altogether.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

jag__2, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Adam Push Win User
    Can't enter Task View from virtual "Desktop 1" on Windows 10

I have been enjoying Task View and multiple virtual desktops for some time now, but suddenly Task View has stopped working properly on my Desktop 1 virtual desktop. Neither the Taskbar button nor the keyboard shortcut (Win + Tab) work for activating Task
    View. However, I can Win + Arrow Key to switch to other virtual desktops. From any of the other virtual desktops, everything works normally. Furthermore, once I enter Task View from another virtual desktop, I can Win + Arrow Key to switch back to Desktop 1
    while remaining in Task View, which then shows open application windows from Desktop 1. However, once I exit Task View, the problem resumes and I can't re-enter Task View without again first switching to another virtual desktop. After I enter Task View from
    another virtual desktop, I can "delete" virtual Desktop 1 by clicking the "x," but then the next desktop in the list (i.e. 2) becomes the new "Desktop 1" and acquires the same problem as before where I can't enter Task View from Desktop 1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

edit: Alt + Tab works normally on all virtual desktops.

Adam Push, Nov 9, 2018
  4. Task View not Working, Win+Tab Refreshes desktop and taskbar instead

Task View

It's the Task View, not the Task Bar, that is the problem. I should be getting the popup (right clicking on Task View) showing the options for additional Desktops, not the five options for the Task Bar. A 'chat' with MS Solutions said that I should reinstall
    Windows 10 to MAYBE correct this problem. Any suggestions to correct?? Thanks for your interest...I really appreciate it.
    The Task View is the only feature that I may like on 10!!

Whitfield orWiemholt, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

Task View not Working, Win+Tab Refreshes desktop and taskbar instead

1. Task View not Working, Win+Tab Refreshes desktop and taskbar instead - Similar Threads - Task View Working

2. Alt + TAB and Windows Task View not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt + TAB and Windows Task View not working: HelloAfter a recent update Windows Insider Preview 23451.1000 ni_prerelease, the following started to happen:Task View button stopped working.Once I press Task View, the Alt+Tab does not work either.If I kill the Explorer task and restart it, it works. But once I press Task...
  3. Alt + TAB and Windows Task View not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alt + TAB and Windows Task View not working: HelloAfter a recent update Windows Insider Preview 23451.1000 ni_prerelease, the following started to happen:Task View button stopped working.Once I press Task View, the Alt+Tab does not work either.If I kill the Explorer task and restart it, it works. But once I press Task...
  4. Refreshing taskbar and desktop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Refreshing taskbar and desktop.: Dear users, I have recently run into a recurring issue where my pc seems to do a routine refresh. It doesn't matter what apps are open, the screen goes slightly whiter and pulls me out to the desktop where i have to watch my apps refresh flicker. I then have to go back...
  5. Task view on taskbar

Task view on taskbar: Hello, I run Win 10 ver 1803 (os build 17134.48). Is there a way to remove the "task view" button from the taskbar? In fact, can I remove it completely from my pc? Thanks...
  6. Win + Tab doesn't open task view anymore

Win + Tab doesn't open task view anymore: I think I pressed a combination of buttons on accident and now my win + tab shortcut selects things. How to I switch it back to task view?...
  7. My Task View " Win + Tab " in Win10 is so broken..

in Windows 10 Support
    My Task View " Win + Tab " in Win10 is so broken..: Hey, so in windows 10 there's a very useful feature called Virtual Desktops, it's like having multiple monitors, i don't like to have alot of windows on at the same time so i use 2 virtual desktops and sometimes 3, it used to work and it was all good until i installed the...
  8. Disable Win + Tab Task View Window Animation

Disable Win + Tab Task View Window Animation: So you can turn off the "sliding" animation when switching between Virtual desktops when unchecking "Animate windows when minimizing and maximizing" in the Performance Options; this prevents you from seeing any animations when you switch between virtual desktops. However,...
  9. Desktop Taskbar Refresh

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Taskbar Refresh: Having just upgraded to Windows 10 from W 7. My problem is that the Desktop and the Task Bar frequently refreshes. This results in any work I am doing on the Desktop is cancelled. Can anybody please help. Thanks in anticipation 54757
  10. ALT + TAB Become WIN + TAB / Task view

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    ALT + TAB Become WIN + TAB / Task view: how to change the look of ALT + TAB Become WIN + TAB / Task view? [img] I use ssd. and i want to turn on delayed startup. is it good or bad? 106661

Users found this page by searching for:

1. task view refreshes desktop

2. windows 10 task view refreshes