Windows 10: Task view randomly opens; tabs randomly switch

Discus and support Task view randomly opens; tabs randomly switch in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have been having several problems with my display and mouse behaviour recently: 1) Task view randomly opens and displays all my active... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Erin Gibbons, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Task view randomly opens; tabs randomly switch

Hi,

I have been having several problems with my display and mouse behaviour recently:

1) Task view randomly opens and displays all my active windows. This is annoying because it interrupts my typing and viewing. I have turned off the task view 'gesture'. Sometimes this happens even when my hands are not on the keyboard.

2) If I have multiple tabs open (I use Chrome) the screen will often suddenly and randomly switch to a different tab I have open in the same window. Based on other forums I tried installing the Great Suspender extension, but this did not fix the issue.

3) My mouse cursor will suddenly move, often to the lower left-hand quadrant of my screen.

All of these problems have become more frequent in recent weeks.

All of them are easy to fix in the moment (I simply click back to where I was), but they are incredibly annoying and unproductive.

I run Windows 10 64.

It is up to date.

I have not recently installed any drivers.

Please help.

:)

Erin Gibbons, Nov 8, 2019

2. Task Switcher randomly gets stuck cycling windows

Good morning!

I am having an issue with the Task Switcher (see image below) activating on its own. It then begins to cycle through the open tasks very rapidly. When this happens I am unable to actually select any of the tasks, nor can I close them out. Windows is essentially frozen at this point and I have to restart.

A few things to note:

• I am running Windows 10 Pro.
    • This happens randomly, sometimes weeks between an incident.
    • Sometimes it happens while I am not even working at the computer. I've noticed it after returning to my desk.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Task view randomly opens; tabs randomly switch [​IMG]

Konkey Dong, Nov 8, 2019
  3. Picture tab opening randomly

Hello there!

Today (2/17/2019) a weird "Picture" tab opens up randomly. I cant press exit or anything it just closes again after some time (usually 10-30 seconds).

Its very annoying if im watching Youtube or just searching the internet.

KrogeInSpace, Nov 8, 2019
  4. Task view randomly opens; tabs randomly switch

Desktop folder randomly opening

So for the past couple of days (after the latest update maybe) my Desktop folder randomly opens up. I searched online for a while and found several posts suggesting it could be the keyboard so I've switched out my keyboard and the problem still persists.
    I've run Kaspersky and MalwareBytes but no threats were found. Any suggestions to resolve this? Thanks

xxxsneekxxx, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

Task view randomly opens; tabs randomly switch

1. Task view randomly opens; tabs randomly switch - Similar Threads - Task view randomly

2. Task View not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task View not open: My task view just does not open when clicking on the icon. But whenever I click on the icon, alt+tab proceed to not work as well. Have to restart explorer whenever it happens...
  3. Task View not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task View not open: My task view just does not open when clicking on the icon. But whenever I click on the icon, alt+tab proceed to not work as well. Have to restart explorer whenever it happens...
  4. Task view "ALT+TAB problem"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task view "ALT+TAB problem": Hello,Please tell me how can I deactivate Task View, or tell me how can I make CTRL+TAB switch between programs and not open all the recent stufftask view I don't want to open or keep track off....Sorry if I seem a little blunt, I have been trying to fix this for some days...
  5. Task view "ALT+TAB problem"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task view "ALT+TAB problem": Hello,Please tell me how can I deactivate Task View, or tell me how can I make CTRL+TAB switch between programs and not open all the recent stufftask view I don't want to open or keep track off....Sorry if I seem a little blunt, I have been trying to fix this for some days...
  6. Task View screen switching

Task View screen switching: I'm mostly using Task View to switch between windows. My issue is I'm using it only with keys and I can't seem to find any way to switch between screens with keys. It can of course me done using the mouse, but I'd like to use keys for this when I can.I know using the regular...
  7. Random alt tabs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random alt tabs: My computer seem to randomly alt tab at will, and I have no idea why. I used Windows Focus Logger, and the issue might originate from a folder called ImmersiveControlPanel under the Local disc C: - Windows. Have ran Malwarebytes multiple times with no viruses or malware...
  8. Random Alt-Tabs?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Random Alt-Tabs?: So, this issue developed some weeks ago. Every hour, from start-up, I get alt-tabbed to a mystery window, called 'Update' according to WindowsFocusLogger. I've tried disabling tasks, I've tried closing down non-essential tasks at start up - I've tried **** round in...
  9. Picture tab opening randomly

Picture tab opening randomly: Hello there! Today (2/17/2019) a weird "Picture" tab opens up randomly. I cant press exit or anything it just closes again after some time (usually 10-30 seconds). Its very annoying if im watching Youtube or just searching the internet....
  10. Win + Tab doesn't open task view anymore

Win + Tab doesn't open task view anymore: I think I pressed a combination of buttons on accident and now my win + tab shortcut selects things. How to I switch it back to task view?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows randomly switchng tabs