Windows 10: Task View suddenly only shows current day's activities

Discus and support Task View suddenly only shows current day's activities in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I used to be able to click Task View and see activity for the last 30 days. Now I can see only the present day's activities. My PC just upgraded to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ArZi2, Aug 24, 2020.

1. ArZi2 Win User

Task View suddenly only shows current day's activities

I used to be able to click Task View and see activity for the last 30 days. Now I can see only the present day's activities. My PC just upgraded to Windows 2004. Does that have something to do with it and how can I change settings to see the last 30 days? Thank you in advance for any help.

:)

ArZi2, Aug 24, 2020

2. Task view not showing most of my activities.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while checking the task view for activities on your PC.

Ideally, if you have logged in with your Microsoft account you will be able to see the activity history of 30 days. If you have logged in with your Microsoft account and you are still not able to see the activity list, you can check if the activity
    history is enable to save on the device.

1. Go to Settings > Privacy >
      Activity History.
    2. On the right hand side check the box next to
      Store my activity history on this device

You can also check all the activities performed on a particular day, to do so follow the steps.

1. Click on the Timeline icon on the taskbar.
    2. Scroll down to the day for which you want to check the activity.
    3. Now click on show all activities next to the
      day/date.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Aug 24, 2020
  3. WinUser_ Win User
    Task View now shows only the current day's windows

Both check boxes are checked in Activity History.

I'm running 1803 (OS Build 17134.286)

I used to have my timeline showing activities till the beginning of time ;-) - the time of update release (I updated the same day).

WinUser_, Aug 24, 2020
  4. WinUser_ Win User

Task View now shows only the current day's windows

Both check boxes are checked in Activity History.

I'm running 1803 (OS Build 17134.286)

WinUser_, Aug 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Task View suddenly only shows current day's activities - Similar Threads - Task View suddenly

2. Why is the Task View is no longer showing activity history

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why is the Task View is no longer showing activity history: The task view button used to show active tasks and a nice list by day of activity history. Now it only shows current active tasks and history for Jan 10-11.In settings/privacy, It is checked to collect activity history for my account.thank you...
  3. Why is the Task View is no longer showing activity history

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the Task View is no longer showing activity history: The task view button used to show active tasks and a nice list by day of activity history. Now it only shows current active tasks and history for Jan 10-11.In settings/privacy, It is checked to collect activity history for my account.thank you...
  4. Why is the Task View is no longer showing activity history

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is there a way to show only one selected application in Task View?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to show only one selected application in Task View?: Let's say I only want to view Chrome windows in Task View because I know I'm only looking for a Chome window. Is there a way to do this? submitted by /u/goloquot [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ikw941/is_there_a_way_to_show_only_one_selected/
  6. Get Task View to show windows for active program only?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Get Task View to show windows for active program only?: Let's suppose I have 10 windows open in each of 5 different programs. If I use Task View (Windows Key-Tab), I get a display that shows 50 different windows-- too many. What I'd rather do is click on a certain program (say, Word), and see the 10 open windows from Word only...
  7. Task view not showing most of my activities.

in Cortana
    Task view not showing most of my activities.: I believe it happened after I enabled show more days option in task view. I use powerpoint almost daily but even it is not showing up on the task view...
  8. Task View now shows only the current day's windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task View now shows only the current day's windows: All was fine until (I believe) the August update. Now, I don't see earlier history, or the Search button. How do Ireset this condition?...
  9. task view is not showing my recent activity

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    task view is not showing my recent activity: Hello,I have a problem with the task view not showing recent activity.The problem began after an update came a week ago and even today there is an update which also did not solve my problem and after shutting down and beginning my normal work then comes a notification to...
  10. Getting Task View 30 days history without sharing activity to cloud?

in Windows 10 Support
    Getting Task View 30 days history without sharing activity to cloud?: Hi, The new Task View seems really useful but at the moment I only seem to see things I have open at the moment or from the current day. I don't want to share my activity with the cloud. I cant really think why storing the activity locally should not mean getting a full...