Windows 10: Task View turn desktop icon shadows back on. Is there a fix?

Discus and support Task View turn desktop icon shadows back on. Is there a fix? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After months of success... no headaches, the icon shadow is back thanks to Task View. Simple fix is don't use Task View. Is there a fix for this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fatkatie, Apr 3, 2019.

1. fatkatie Win User

Task View turn desktop icon shadows back on. Is there a fix?

After months of success... no headaches, the icon shadow is back thanks to Task View.

Simple fix is don't use Task View.

Is there a fix for this? I've done the below (shadow is even set to zero and TV still turns on shadow and leaves it that way.)

Windows 7 Help Forums

Thank you.

:)

fatkatie, Apr 3, 2019
  2. Stephen_C Win User

Desktop icon labels have drop shadows

This is an ongoing bug which Microsoft appears to be willfully ignoring. It is definitely consistently Task View which causes the problem. Whenever I use Task View the desktop icon labels get ugly drop shadows. The only way to remove them
    is to log off and log on again. This issue has been reported ever since Windows 10 was first released! It has totally put me off using Task View. I would rather do without that than put up with these ugly shadows.

I would like to be able to switch off task view so it isn't activated accidentally by eg. snapping windows to the edge of the screen. Anybody with a suggestion of how to do this?

Otherwise, WHY DOESN'T MICROSOFT FIX THIS BUG??!! How hard can it be?

Stephen_C, Apr 3, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Desktop icon label drop shadows always on after snap windows

Hi, Win 10 pro - can confirm I see that after using Snap. Normal function is restored if you restart explorer via the task manager.

Suggest you report it via the Feedback Hub app e.g.

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/drop-s...or-icon-labels
    - gives a relevant registry key; maybe it can be 'fixed' or worked around using that.

I found this tutorial for 8 downwards but there isn't the equivalent here:
    Desktop Icon Labels - Turn Drop Shadows On or Off - Windows 7 Help Forums

dalchina, Apr 3, 2019
  4. Task View turn desktop icon shadows back on. Is there a fix?

Windows 10-Task View - "New Desktop" icon missing

Right-click Taskbar and enable "Show Task View button". This shows the
    Task View
    icon in the taskbar.

As for "New Desktop" icon missing in the Task View screen, this happens if you're in Tablet mode. Task View Window "New Desktop"
    Button Missing in Windows 10

To turn off Tablet mode, click the Action Center icon in the Notification area and turn off the
    Tablet mode toggle switch.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Apr 3, 2019
Thema:

Task View turn desktop icon shadows back on. Is there a fix?

1. Task View turn desktop icon shadows back on. Is there a fix? - Similar Threads - Task View turn

2. Task View desktop icons display generic icon, not desktop background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task View desktop icons display generic icon, not desktop background: When I click Task View all my desktops don't have the background I set, instead the desktops display generic image icons instead of what the actual desktop background is. How to fix? Thank you!...
  3. Task View desktop icons display generic icon, not desktop background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task View desktop icons display generic icon, not desktop background: When I click Task View all my desktops don't have the background I set, instead the desktops display generic image icons instead of what the actual desktop background is. How to fix? Thank you!...
  4. Desktop Icon text is in shadow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icon text is in shadow: Windows 11 just updated with latest version 22H2 OS build 2261.2428. Now the desktop icons labels are in shadows. I checked registry and found that ListViewShadow was set to 0 the setting to eliminate shadows. Yet the problem persists. Anyone have suggestions on how to fix...
  5. Desktop Icon text is in shadow

Desktop Icon text is in shadow: Windows 11 just updated with latest version 22H2 OS build 2261.2428. Now the desktop icons labels are in shadows. I checked registry and found that ListViewShadow was set to 0 the setting to eliminate shadows. Yet the problem persists. Anyone have suggestions on how to fix...
  6. cannot turn off drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop

cannot turn off drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop: I can't turn off drop shadows for the icons on the desktop. I use sysdm.cpl in the cmd window to bring up "system properties" then "advanced" then uncheck the last check box "use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop". This has no effect.I then checked the box, hit...
  7. Drop shadows on desktop icons cannot be turned off

in Windows 10 Support
    Drop shadows on desktop icons cannot be turned off: I tried Advanced system settings > Performance > Unchecked everything and they went away for about 10 seconds and the reappeared. After that Windows completely ignores the setting. I tried editing the various registry entries the internet said we're related to this, none of...
  8. Drop shadows on desktop icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Drop shadows on desktop icons: The inability to stop drop shadows has been going on for far too long. All the Microsoft responses stating the fix as checking the Drop Shadow box is ridiculous. It doesn't stop the problem. I've started to use Virtual Desktop more often and EVERY TIME I switch desktops...
  9. removing desktop icon shadow

removing desktop icon shadow: This is a bug that Microsoft has protected for >5 years. "We are glad that you have chosen Windows 10. I can understand that you are facing some concern regarding personalization of your desktop. Please let me help you. July 2015" No Help at all. I never asked for a shadow...
  10. Shadow font on desktop icons

Shadow font on desktop icons: I want to remove shadow font on desktop icons in Windows 10. I have tried doing this from Advanced Settings but the shadows persist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shadow-font-on-desktop-icons/912d5448-3aa4-4d59-bb3e-add9f5021727