Windows 10: Task View uses online software by default

Discus and support Task View uses online software by default in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since a recent (9/2019) Windows update, Task View now opens files (that are stored both on OneDrive and on my hard disk) in the ONLINE version of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KenHT, Sep 11, 2019.

1. KenHT Win User

Task View uses online software by default

Since a recent (9/2019) Windows update, Task View now opens files (that are stored both on OneDrive and on my hard disk) in the ONLINE version of the software (Word, Excel, PPoint …). Then I have to click a button, wait for the desktop software to start and to open the file, then close the extra windows. Takes an extra minute and extra steps every time. I ALWAYS want to use the desktop software, as normal! How do I fix this poorly-thought-out default?

:)

KenHT, Sep 11, 2019

2. Task View

It's the Task View, not the Task Bar, that is the problem. I should be getting the popup (right clicking on Task View) showing the options for additional Desktops, not the five options for the Task Bar. A 'chat' with MS Solutions said that I should reinstall
    Windows 10 to MAYBE correct this problem. Any suggestions to correct?? Thanks for your interest...I really appreciate it.
    The Task View is the only feature that I may like on 10!!

Whitfield orWiemholt, Sep 11, 2019
  3. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Sep 11, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Task View uses online software by default - Similar Threads - Task View uses

2. task view

in Windows 10 Customization
    task view: How to disable photo app in the task view windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-view/b9b37d91-287b-49c4-b917-ae2d18c4a519
  3. TASK VIEW

TASK VIEW: Hello, how can i revert back to the old Task View button. It was completely fine before and now its practically unusable. Its extremely had to navigate between desktops and apps themselves....
  4. Task View

Task View: I open Task View to clear all of the things I have done on the computer that day and generally it works. Yesterday and today there are two that won't delete. I even tried to remove it individually and it still won't go. I clicked on it to see if it was still an active task...
  5. Impossible to set VLC to default software for viewing photos

Impossible to set VLC to default software for viewing photos: Hi, I am in charge of some Windows machines where I have to use VLC. I use it for videos automatically, I've tuned it to a fine point where I can show videos in another screen professionally. I would like to set it also as the default app for images (png, jpg, etc). But...
  6. how to reset task view to default settings?

how to reset task view to default settings?: my task view is changing to grid, how can i change it to default straight line again?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-to-reset-task-view-to-default-settings/0615e04f-f717-412c-8ac2-58172212340d
  7. Task View

Task View: After latest windows10 update, I am seeing a scroll bar in "Task View". Please let me know how can I disable that scroll bar, which is not required for me....
  8. Task View

in Windows 10 Support
    Task View: Hello guys………………………. Can you please help...……………...when I hover over the Task View icon a window opens but as soon as I take the mouse off the icon the window closes....how can I keep the Task View widow open? Your help would be much appreciated....I am using Windows 10...
  9. Default View

in Windows 10 Support
    Default View: W10, Office 2016. Although I close my docs and folders in 'Large icons', they often open in List view, which I never want; I almost always want Large icon view. I have been down the recommended File Explorer/any folder////apply to folders etc. route, but this hasn't changed...
  10. Task View

in Windows 10 Support
    Task View: In the bottom bar is three windows labelled tasdkbar; two small bigger one in middle. When I click on it it shows another version of my desktop, but minus icons. What is the function? 12639