Windows 10: TASK VIEW

Discus and support TASK VIEW in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi,Some of my visited websites have stuck in TASK VIEW timeline even after clearing them in activity history settings.How should i clear them?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SAM2001MN, Dec 10, 2019.

1. SAM2001MN Win User

TASK VIEW

Hi,Some of my visited websites have stuck in TASK VIEW timeline even after clearing them in activity history settings.How should i clear them?

:)

SAM2001MN, Dec 10, 2019

2. Task View

It's the Task View, not the Task Bar, that is the problem. I should be getting the popup (right clicking on Task View) showing the options for additional Desktops, not the five options for the Task Bar. A 'chat' with MS Solutions said that I should reinstall
    Windows 10 to MAYBE correct this problem. Any suggestions to correct?? Thanks for your interest...I really appreciate it.
    The Task View is the only feature that I may like on 10!!

Whitfield orWiemholt, Dec 10, 2019
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Task View Blue Screen

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• What happens when you open task view from task bar?
    • Are you able to switch between all of your open apps on multiple desktops?

Are you trying to disable task view feature in Windows 10? If yes, please try these steps.

a. Right-click on task bar.

b. Uncheck show task view button.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Dec 10, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

TASK VIEW

Task view button not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step1: End Task the Windows Explorer.

• Open task manager (CRTL+SHIFT+ESC)
    • Right-click on windows explorer
    • End task (Note: don’t close Task manager)
    • Click on File > Run new task
    • Type explorer.exe and press enter
    • Your search bar should be functional again.

Step 2: If Taskbar is not working then I suggest you to check for the latest updates.

• Press Windows logo key +R, enter
      MS-settings:
      and then press OK. This opens Settings.

• In Settings, go to Update & security >
      Windows Update, and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

Step 3: Some problems can be fixed by signing out of your account and then signing back in. Press Ctrl + Alt+ Delete and select
    Sign out. Once you’ve signed out, sign back in to your account.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

TASK VIEW

1. TASK VIEW - Similar Threads - TASK VIEW

2. Bug: In Task View, clicking Desktop 2, 3, etc always switches to Desktop 1 instead.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bug: In Task View, clicking Desktop 2, 3, etc always switches to Desktop 1 instead.: Hello,I want to make use of the multiple desktop feature of Windows but I have a problem. No matter which desktop I select, it will switch to Desktop 1 instead. Here is a video of it happening: https://photos.app.goo.gl/zSCRUZ1n4saKHFVcA However, if I use CTRL+Win+Right/Left,...
  3. Bug: In Task View, clicking Desktop 2, 3, etc always switches to Desktop 1 instead.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bug: In Task View, clicking Desktop 2, 3, etc always switches to Desktop 1 instead.: Hello,I want to make use of the multiple desktop feature of Windows but I have a problem. No matter which desktop I select, it will switch to Desktop 1 instead. Here is a video of it happening: https://photos.app.goo.gl/zSCRUZ1n4saKHFVcA However, if I use CTRL+Win+Right/Left,...
  4. Disable/Uninstall Task View Virtual Desktop Feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable/Uninstall Task View Virtual Desktop Feature: I would like to disable Task View on the Taskbar AND render the hotkey combinaiton unusable. I have tried several registry edits that hide task view, however, the keystroke combination Windows Key + Control +D continue to function. Also, if there is a way to uninstall...
  5. Disable/Uninstall Task View Virtual Desktop Feature

Disable/Uninstall Task View Virtual Desktop Feature: I would like to disable Task View on the Taskbar AND render the hotkey combinaiton unusable. I have tried several registry edits that hide task view, however, the keystroke combination Windows Key + Control +D continue to function. Also, if there is a way to uninstall...
  6. Windows 11 Pro 23H2 I opened 25-30 task view tabs as a joke.

Windows 11 Pro 23H2 I opened 25-30 task view tabs as a joke.: PC encountered an issue with the taskbar, causing it to malfunction. After I restarted the computer, I couldn't use the task view because it turns the taskbar black and resets the taskbar. Everything else seems to be working fine. The apps that are open stay healthy after the...
  7. Windows 11 Pro 23H2 I opened 25-30 task view tabs as a joke.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro 23H2 I opened 25-30 task view tabs as a joke.: PC encountered an issue with the taskbar, causing it to malfunction. After I restarted the computer, I couldn't use the task view because it turns the taskbar black and resets the taskbar. Everything else seems to be working fine. The apps that are open stay healthy after the...
  8. Microsoft Entra ID question- Creating a Intune policy to disable Task View on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Entra ID question- Creating a Intune policy to disable Task View on Windows 11: Hi team, I was wondering how do I create a Intune configuration profile policy where we can disable task view?I was able to create a policy for a group I made where I disabled the Chat and Widgets feature on Windows 11, but I cant find the setting for Task View. Does anyone...
  9. Microsoft Entra ID question- Creating a Intune policy to disable Task View on Windows 11

Microsoft Entra ID question- Creating a Intune policy to disable Task View on Windows 11: Hi team, I was wondering how do I create a Intune configuration profile policy where we can disable task view?I was able to create a policy for a group I made where I disabled the Chat and Widgets feature on Windows 11, but I cant find the setting for Task View. Does anyone...
  10. Windows 11 Task View Labels

Windows 11 Task View Labels: From Windows Update KB5032190 Nov. 14, 2023 "New! Starting in this update, desktop labels appear when you move between desktops in Task View WIN + CTRL + left or right arrows." These labels appear at the bottom of the screen layered over the taskbar and while at times I do...