Windows 10: Task View

Discus and support Task View in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello guys………………………. Can you please help...……………...when I hover over the Task View icon a window opens but as soon as I take the mouse off the icon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by coffeekid, May 29, 2018.

1. coffeekid Win User

Task View

Hello guys……………………….

Can you please help...……………...when I hover over the Task View icon a window opens but as soon as I take the mouse off the icon the window closes....how can I keep the Task View widow open? Your help would be much appreciated....I am using Windows 10

Many thanks in advance

:)

coffeekid, May 29, 2018

2. Task View

It's the Task View, not the Task Bar, that is the problem. I should be getting the popup (right clicking on Task View) showing the options for additional Desktops, not the five options for the Task Bar. A 'chat' with MS Solutions said that I should reinstall
    Windows 10 to MAYBE correct this problem. Any suggestions to correct?? Thanks for your interest...I really appreciate it.
    The Task View is the only feature that I may like on 10!!

Whitfield orWiemholt, May 29, 2018
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Task View Blue Screen

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• What happens when you open task view from task bar?
    • Are you able to switch between all of your open apps on multiple desktops?

Are you trying to disable task view feature in Windows 10? If yes, please try these steps.

a. Right-click on task bar.

b. Uncheck show task view button.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, May 29, 2018
Thema:

Task View

1. Task View - Similar Threads - Task View

2. Concerning Task View

in Windows 10 Customization
    Concerning Task View: Hi, thanks for reading. I am wondering what the purpose of TaskView really is. You know the one that is initiated by the icon on the TaskBar that looks like this thing. [ATTACH] Maybe I do not get the point. But the tiles are so small I can barely see what they are. Is...
  3. Windows 10 - Task View

Windows 10 - Task View: Windows 10 - Unable to clear files on Task View. Two calls to Geek Squad unsuccessful. Actually, after the last call, the names of the files accessed do not appear on the screen - just a blank box....
  4. Task View Laggy?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task View Laggy?: Hey everyone, I am a long time MacBook Pro user (and still am), but I recently got a new PC :D It's a pretty badass laptop: i9-9880H 8 Core CPU 16GB RAM 1TB Nvme SSD 4K Dobly HDR 500NIT touchscreen nVidia GTX 1650 4GB Max-Q I love it. Naturally using MacBooks for the last 10...
  5. Task View screen

Task View screen: I have items on my Task View screen which I can't remove. I can remove current but these items are from December. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-view-screen/527b9b5b-bfb0-428c-9272-061661e5fc81
  6. Timeline and Task View

Timeline and Task View: I have an item on my Task View screen which I can't remove with standard procedures. Help, please! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/timeline-and-task-view/2c37fe18-da37-4345-9b76-0f6ad512c375
  7. how do i recover task view history

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do i recover task view history: restore task view full history https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-recover-task-view-history/44708c07-2145-4c7c-9bff-57003c2100d8
  8. Get Task View to show windows for active program only?

Get Task View to show windows for active program only?: Let's suppose I have 10 windows open in each of 5 different programs. If I use Task View (Windows Key-Tab), I get a display that shows 50 different windows-- too many. What I'd rather do is click on a certain program (say, Word), and see the 10 open windows from Word only...
  9. Is it possible to hide certain windows from Task View (Win+TAB)?

Is it possible to hide certain windows from Task View (Win+TAB)?: I have a few windows which are useless being in Task View (Win+TAB) in Windows 10, like Sticky Notes and a few other things, which just clutter the view. I was wondering if it was possible to hide certain programs from this view, possibly by using a registry edit or...
  10. TASK VIEW

TASK VIEW: Hi,Some of my visited websites have stuck in TASK VIEW timeline even after clearing them in activity history settings.How should i clear them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-view/fb788a98-47f9-430e-86c3-7ae1dccac09d