Windows 10: Task View

Discus and support Task View in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello guys………………………. Can you please help...……………...when I hover over the Task View icon a window opens but as soon as I take the mouse off the icon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by coffeekid, May 29, 2018.

1. coffeekid Win User

Task View

Hello guys……………………….

Can you please help...……………...when I hover over the Task View icon a window opens but as soon as I take the mouse off the icon the window closes....how can I keep the Task View widow open? Your help would be much appreciated....I am using Windows 10

Many thanks in advance

:)

coffeekid, May 29, 2018
  2. Whitfield orWiemholt Win User

Task View

It's the Task View, not the Task Bar, that is the problem. I should be getting the popup (right clicking on Task View) showing the options for additional Desktops, not the five options for the Task Bar. A 'chat' with MS Solutions said that I should reinstall
    Windows 10 to MAYBE correct this problem. Any suggestions to correct?? Thanks for your interest...I really appreciate it.
    The Task View is the only feature that I may like on 10!!

Whitfield orWiemholt, May 29, 2018
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Task View Blue Screen

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• What happens when you open task view from task bar?
    • Are you able to switch between all of your open apps on multiple desktops?

Are you trying to disable task view feature in Windows 10? If yes, please try these steps.

a. Right-click on task bar.

b. Uncheck show task view button.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, May 29, 2018
Thema:

Task View

1. Task View - Similar Threads - Task View

2. Outlook Tasks view screwed up--

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook Tasks view screwed up--: I did 'something' to mess up my 'normal' view of Tasks. After playing around with Views I've ended up with a view that's close to what I initially had. Two features are missing. Previously, if I were to hover on a Date box or Status box (which is absent from this view and I...
  3. Windows 10 Task view freezes prevents return to desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Task view freezes prevents return to desktop: My computer is running windows 10 version 10.0.17134. When I press windows + TAB to launch the task view / virtual desktop the task view freezes on the screen. I can't change virtual desktops I can't alt F4 out. If I press CTRL ALT DEL the screen overlay comes up where I can...
  4. Stuck in Task View

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in Task View: So i'm running windows 10 and it should be noted that i sue a razer synapse where one button is to go to task view. However it had been working fine for 2 months. Very recently my pc would be working fine for a long time, i'll be using task view no problem. Then i'd go to...
  5. Task View/Virtual Desktops.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task View/Virtual Desktops.: Hi everyone. I've been using the Task View feature a lot on my PC, and I was wondering if I could make the two desktops different from each other? For example. Having a desktop or 2 for school/work, and one for Gaming. With different shortcuts on the desktop. Different...
  6. Task View now shows only the current day's windows

Task View now shows only the current day's windows: All was fine until (I believe) the August update. Now, I don't see earlier history, or the Search button. How do Ireset this condition?...
  7. Stuck in Task View

Stuck in Task View: Some how I am in Task view. No Idea Why. or How ! Change all multitasking settings to off, as that is what I am in "multitasking" even though I am not. How do I get back to my normal desktop View ?...
  8. Windows Explorer crashing when Task View button is clicked on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Explorer crashing when Task View button is clicked on Windows 10: Hello, This problem arises whenever I click on the Task View. Explorer crashes and closes all its windows. I looked into problem results and I found this Source Windows Explorer Summary Stopped working Date ‎27-‎08-‎2018 16:26 Status Report sent Description Faulting...
  9. Task view on taskbar

Task view on taskbar: Hello, I run Win 10 ver 1803 (os build 17134.48). Is there a way to remove the "task view" button from the taskbar? In fact, can I remove it completely from my pc? Thanks...
  10. task view is not showing my recent activity

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    task view is not showing my recent activity: Hello,I have a problem with the task view not showing recent activity.The problem began after an update came a week ago and even today there is an update which also did not solve my problem and after shutting down and beginning my normal work then comes a notification to...