Task View

Discus and support Task View in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Hello guys………………………. Can you please help...……………...when I hover over the Task View icon a window opens but as soon as I take the mouse off the icon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by coffeekid, May 29, 2018.

1. coffeekid Win User

Hello guys……………………….

Can you please help...……………...when I hover over the Task View icon a window opens but as soon as I take the mouse off the icon the window closes....how can I keep the Task View widow open? Your help would be much appreciated....I am using Windows 10

Many thanks in advance

:)

coffeekid, May 29, 2018
  2. Whitfield orWiemholt Win User

Task View

It's the Task View, not the Task Bar, that is the problem. I should be getting the popup (right clicking on Task View) showing the options for additional Desktops, not the five options for the Task Bar. A 'chat' with MS Solutions said that I should reinstall
    Windows 10 to MAYBE correct this problem. Any suggestions to correct?? Thanks for your interest...I really appreciate it.
    The Task View is the only feature that I may like on 10!!

Whitfield orWiemholt, May 30, 2018
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Task View Blue Screen

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• What happens when you open task view from task bar?
    • Are you able to switch between all of your open apps on multiple desktops?

Are you trying to disable task view feature in Windows 10? If yes, please try these steps.

a. Right-click on task bar.

b. Uncheck show task view button.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, May 30, 2018
Thema:

Task View

Task View - Similar Threads - Task View

1. My Task View " Win + Tab " in Win10 is so broken..

in Windows 10 Support
    My Task View " Win + Tab " in Win10 is so broken..: Hey, so in windows 10 there's a very useful feature called Virtual Desktops, it's like having multiple monitors, i don't like to have alot of windows on at the same time so i use 2 virtual desktops and sometimes 3, it used to work and it was all good until i installed the...
  2. Disable Win + Tab Task View Window Animation

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Win + Tab Task View Window Animation: So you can turn off the "sliding" animation when switching between Virtual desktops when unchecking "Animate windows when minimizing and maximizing" in the Performance Options; this prevents you from seeing any animations when you switch between virtual desktops. However,...
  3. Announcing New Multi-tasking Extension: Side View for Firefox

in Windows 10 Support
    Announcing New Multi-tasking Extension: Side View for Firefox: Introducing Side View! Side View is a Firefox extension that allows you to view two different browser tabs simultaneously in the same tab, within the same browser window. [img] Firefox Extensions are add-ons that unleash new capabilities within the Firefox browser, and...
  4. Task View icon does nothing

in Windows 10 Support
    Task View icon does nothing: When I click on the Task View button nothing happens. FWIW I login with a LOCAL account not a Microsoft Account, so I'm guessing this feecher only works if one logs in with an MS account. Is that right? If so how the halibut is it supposed to work for Domain users? Dave...
  5. Revert Task View button to pre-update version

in Windows 10 Support
    Revert Task View button to pre-update version: In the most recent update, my task view button changed from displaying everything on one screen and having the desktops on the bottom to having a scroll bar and putting the desktops on the top. Is there any way to revert this or do I have to revert the update to reverse this?...
  6. Getting Task View 30 days history without sharing activity to cloud?

in Windows 10 Support
    Getting Task View 30 days history without sharing activity to cloud?: Hi, The new Task View seems really useful but at the moment I only seem to see things I have open at the moment or from the current day. I don't want to share my activity with the cloud. I cant really think why storing the activity locally should not mean getting a full...
  7. Task View problem since 17134.48 update...

in Windows 10 Support
    Task View problem since 17134.48 update...: Hello, On the 9th. of May my machine updated to 17134.48 which has given me problems. My Task View previously worked as expected showing me what programmes I had running. Now after this update it also shows other things, for example it shows two instances relating to word...
Task View solved