Windows 10: Task Viewer issues

Discus and support Task Viewer issues in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In the past two weeks, task viewer has stopped working properly. It opens and displays previous documents as it should, but when you click on an item,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PhilipMildren, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Task Viewer issues

In the past two weeks, task viewer has stopped working properly. It opens and displays previous documents as it should, but when you click on an item, the "Open with" dialog window comes up. Take an excel file for example, I select Microsoft Excel, a new Excel window opens, then closes and a new dialog win opens that states "Sorry, we couldn't find XXXXXXX.xlsx&KnownFolderId= Documents&KnownFolderLength=12. Is it possible it was moved, renamed or deleted?" With an "OK" button below.

I know this started at about the same time I updated to 1809 but I cant say for certain that 1809 or its update is the cause of this issue. The system I have this problem on is a Microsoft Surface Pro 3.

:)

PhilipMildren, Jan 29, 2019
  2. BettyEAM Win User

task viewer icon(virtual desktop)

I have the same problem. The task viewer icon was there but is now gone. I have gone through the steps you listed but no viewer. Then I created a new profile and the task viewer is there. Now, how do I get the task viewer back in my taskbar in my
    original profile??

BettyEAM, Jan 29, 2019
  3. task viewer icon(virtual desktop)

Hi Terry,

Are you facing any other issues with the start menu or the action center?

I would suggest you to try these steps and check if that fixes the issue:

• Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:
    • Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannnow
    If the above steps didn't help, then try creating a new user profile and check if the same behavior is noticed. This will help us determine if this issue is confined to your user profile. Try these steps and let us know the results.

Bennet Martin, Jan 29, 2019
  4. Task Viewer issues

Windows 10 default image viewer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to change the default image viewer to Paint.

• In search,
    • Type Default Programs.
    • Check whether Windows Photo Viewer is listed in the list.
    • Left click on the photo viewer and select the option paint.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

Task Viewer issues

1. Task Viewer issues - Similar Threads - Task Viewer issues

2. Photo Viewer "Save As' Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo Viewer "Save As' Issue: I use the photo viewer and editor app in Windows 10. I often edit a photo and use the "save as" feature to create a new photo while saving the original. On one of my computers, when I use this feature after I crop, a new version is created automatically with a 2 addition to...
  3. Photo Viewer "Save As' Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo Viewer "Save As' Issue: I use the photo viewer and editor app in Windows 10. I often edit a photo and use the "save as" feature to create a new photo while saving the original. On one of my computers, when I use this feature after I crop, a new version is created automatically with a 2 addition to...
  4. Image Viewer Issue

Image Viewer Issue: When I double click on any photo in my library to see it in the Viewer against the black background it immediately comes up as normal then straight away changes it to a much smaller image on the screen. The same thing happens to every image when I click on the arrows. This is...
  5. Image Viewer Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Image Viewer Issue: When I double click on any photo in my library to see it in the Viewer against the black background it immediately comes up as normal then straight away changes it to a much smaller image on the screen. The same thing happens to every image when I click on the arrows. This is...
  6. Image Viewer Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Issue with Windows Photo Viewer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issue with Windows Photo Viewer?: Hey! So I've been using Windows Photo Viewer for my job for years now to view and print TIFF files. Out of nowhere today, suddenly printing from Windows Photo Viewer only prints part of a document (either just the left side, sometime the right side, sometimes both). I know...
  8. Photo Viewer Cycling Issue

Photo Viewer Cycling Issue: in windows 10 when I using photo viewer, showing pictures are fine but when I reach the last photo, it's not getting back to the first picture and stuck at last one. there is no such an option to change it....
  9. Event Viewer driver issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Event Viewer driver issues: I have an HP X2 Elite (Tablet) and have just completed a clean install of Windows 10 Creative Edition. The Event Viewer shows seven Event 219 failures. The first four are Intel issues and the next three are for other drivers. The abbreviated events are as follows........
  10. No BSOD issues but event viewer issue?

in Windows 10 Support
    No BSOD issues but event viewer issue?: I saw that unless you have a BSOD you should not post in that specific forum but this is an Event Viewer issue so i don't know where to post this . I have no BSOD's but an event viewer instance with an error code 10016 The application specific permission setting...