Windows 10: Task Windows keeps PC from down!

Discus and support Task Windows keeps PC from down! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello I keep getting the same message that thrre is a task that is running that is preventing windows from shutting down. I ran trouble shooter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MARIA ESTELATORRES, May 21, 2019.

1. Task Windows keeps PC from down!

Hello

I keep getting the same message that thrre is a task that is running that is preventing windows from shutting down. I ran trouble shooter already (nothing wrong), updated power settings (again nothing wrong), and everytime I open task manager, the only task running is task manager - it so annoying I keep on having to click 'shut down anyway'

:)

MARIA ESTELATORRES, May 21, 2019

2. Pc keeps waking up

Hi Imran,

Since you have tried all the troubleshooting steps, but the problem still persists.

I suggest you to test the issue by creating another User Profile and see if it still persist. If the problem doesn't occur, then the issue might be due to corrupted user profile.
    Suggest you try the below mentioned steps with current user profile to fix any issue with system files, when you access the desktop screen:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.

• Click File > Run New Task

• Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”

• Type CMD

• Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    Let us know if it helps.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, May 21, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 21, 2019
  4. Task Windows keeps PC from down!

Windows 10 Task Bar, etc. not working

Hi,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following 4 commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Close the CMD window
    Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.

Keep us posted on the status of the issue and we’ll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, May 21, 2019
Thema:

Task Windows keeps PC from down!

1. Task Windows keeps PC from down! - Similar Threads - Task keeps down

2. WINDOWS 10 PC KEEPS WAKING FROM SLEEP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WINDOWS 10 PC KEEPS WAKING FROM SLEEP: PC continually wakes from sleep in Windows 10. powercfg /lastwake identified Intel(R)USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller-1.0 (Microsoft) Intel no longer supports host controller. Intel Driver Assistant, scanned and advised no updates for device. How do I stop this...
  3. Keeps Shutting Down

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Keeps Shutting Down: Hi, For about 3 days my laptop keeps shutting down on it;s own. I have tried several ways to stop it: REGEDIT Windows Defenders Scans Antivirus Scans (McAfee) and Microsoft Safety Scanner None of them have founds anything in the system. How can I fix this problem?...
  4. PC keeps shutting down by itself after Windows update

PC keeps shutting down by itself after Windows update: I have Dell Inspirion N5010 and after last Windows update in start of December it keeps turning off by itself already even every 5 minutes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-keeps-shutting-down-by-itself-after-windows/15d2151e-e897-48fe-8cb1-98a386f13e71
  5. Desktop keeps "shutting down"

Desktop keeps "shutting down": I have been experiencing a problem with the computer shutting down multiple times a day. Sometimes when I am using QuickBooks, sometimes when using the internet, Word and so one. When it restart the computer all the windows are saved when I open the programs again. Its only...
  6. Windows keeps scrolling down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows keeps scrolling down: my screen keeps scrolling down and does not let me scroll up , but when i press spacebar it goes back to normal. what should i do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/windows-keeps-scrolling-down/9727b09b-798f-4ab1-bf29-a252af1924cd
  7. Looking For a Task Manager from Windows PC to Phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Looking For a Task Manager from Windows PC to Phone: Hello all, I am looking for a task manager to help me keep track of tasks at work. An application I can add/remove tasks using both platforms. I would like it to sync with my Windows 10 PC at work and my mobile phone( Company phone is an iPhone so i need it to sync with...
  8. Task host is stopping Windows shutting down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task host is stopping Windows shutting down: Hi all Got a message like "Task host is stopping Windows shutting down" on a recent shutdown. Anyone tell me what "Task host" is and whether its staying open at shutdown means anything I should investigate? Thanks 102672
  9. PC keeps shutting down

in Windows 10 Support
    PC keeps shutting down: My win 10 pc keeps shutting down when left inactive for any length of time. I have checked the power options page, see screenshot [img] Is there anything here that I need to change? Thanks in advance. I have just disabled hybrid sleep to see if this solves the...
  10. Export Task from Task Scheduler in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Export Task from Task Scheduler in Windows: export all tasks: Create a folder "task" in the desktop Run Powershell as admin: Code: Get-ScheduledTask | foreach { Export-ScheduledTask -TaskName $_.TaskName -TaskPath $_.TaskPath | Out-File (Join-Path "C:\Users\Me\Desktop\task" "$($_.TaskName).xml") }[/quote]...