Windows 10: Task Windows keeps PC from down!

Discus and support Task Windows keeps PC from down! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello I keep getting the same message that thrre is a task that is running that is preventing windows from shutting down. I ran trouble shooter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MARIA ESTELATORRES, May 21, 2019.

1. Task Windows keeps PC from down!

Hello

I keep getting the same message that thrre is a task that is running that is preventing windows from shutting down. I ran trouble shooter already (nothing wrong), updated power settings (again nothing wrong), and everytime I open task manager, the only task running is task manager - it so annoying I keep on having to click 'shut down anyway'

:)

MARIA ESTELATORRES, May 21, 2019

2. Pc keeps waking up

Hi Imran,

Since you have tried all the troubleshooting steps, but the problem still persists.

I suggest you to test the issue by creating another User Profile and see if it still persist. If the problem doesn't occur, then the issue might be due to corrupted user profile.
    Suggest you try the below mentioned steps with current user profile to fix any issue with system files, when you access the desktop screen:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.

• Click File > Run New Task

• Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”

• Type CMD

• Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    Let us know if it helps.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, May 21, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 21, 2019
  4. Task Windows keeps PC from down!

Windows 10 Task Bar, etc. not working

Hi,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following 4 commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Close the CMD window
    Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.

Keep us posted on the status of the issue and we’ll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, May 21, 2019
Thema:

Task Windows keeps PC from down!

1. Task Windows keeps PC from down! - Similar Threads - Task keeps down

2. PC keeps on restarting and shutting down!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC keeps on restarting and shutting down!: Dear PC Experts,This is really odd. Today when I turned on the M710e PC, the computer kept on restarting and shutting down. You can see in the below recording,https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JUj5Tz7-dZAjvkQ7YVHu-Coo34K82gVB/view?usp=sharingIn the recording you can see the...
  3. PC keeps shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps shutting down: Good day my pc keeps shutting down while running I switch it on the after few minutes it will say pc run into problems error then it's shows the stop code https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-keeps-shutting-down/a5f4c20c-690d-41b5-be21-ad9e464e0784
  4. PC keeps shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC keeps shutting down: Good day my pc keeps shutting down while running I switch it on the after few minutes it will say pc run into problems error then it's shows the stop code https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-keeps-shutting-down/a5f4c20c-690d-41b5-be21-ad9e464e0784
  5. PC keeps shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Windows 10 PC keeps shutting down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 PC keeps shutting down: Hello,I have a PC that I want to use for my business. I never had much issues with at home, but after a few days of hooking it at my shop its shuts down every 5-10 minutes on its own. I tried multiple things I have read online and watching YouTube videos. I even tried factory...
  7. pc keeps slowing down

in Windows 10 Customization
    pc keeps slowing down: hi all ive recently built myself a new pc not the first time ive done this but this time it keeps crashing when i try to play any games on it. Ive looked on the event viewer and the only thing i can find ir an error code 10016 dcom. the pc is x99 mainboard with an intel i7...
  8. PC keeps shutting down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC keeps shutting down: For some reason lately, everytime I put my pc into rest mode and after like a few minutes of it being in sleep mode, it just turns off for some reason. It has never done this before and I didn’t touch anything in my pc or bios. Anyone know what to do? submitted by /u/ent1pe...
  9. Right Side Task bar shortcuts to be keep in Down

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right Side Task bar shortcuts to be keep in Down: Is there any way to show my windows logo & shortcuts in down ? and date and time in the down show in the top.?? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-side-task-bar-shortcuts-to-be-keep-in-down/d749a4be-d01a-474b-9532-44be19d43375
  10. PC keeps shutting down

in Windows 10 Support
    PC keeps shutting down: My win 10 pc keeps shutting down when left inactive for any length of time. I have checked the power options page, see screenshot [img] Is there anything here that I need to change? Thanks in advance. I have just disabled hybrid sleep to see if this solves the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. task host window preventing shutdown win 10