Windows 10: Taskbar along with a lot of apps do not function.

Discus and support Taskbar along with a lot of apps do not function. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My taskbar doesn't respond to clicks on the windows or search button. Apps are on the taskbar and they work fine but when i click on the windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Matty Cotty, Dec 1, 2023.

1. Taskbar along with a lot of apps do not function.

My taskbar doesn't respond to clicks on the windows or search button. Apps are on the taskbar and they work fine but when i click on the windows button, a grey box appears around it like it would when the menu pops up but nothing happens. The search bar when clicked displays a loading symbol next to my cursor but nothing ever appears. Finally, most apps on my desktop do not function, only .exe. Any shortcut tries to open and either closes immediately or says "Give us a minute, We're updating *app name*. It should be ready to use again shortly.". However, stuff like OBS when trying to open

:)

Matty Cotty, Dec 1, 2023

2. PEOPLE app is disappeared from the Taskbar and how to get it back on the Taskbar?

Hi Dale,

Thank you for being part of the Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I suggest you to Repin the People app to the Taskbar and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type People in the search bar.
    • Right click on the People and select Pin to Taskbar option.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Dec 1, 2023
  3. images: for ppl that use lots of image apps

image app/site where you can it takes 2 images and auto-puts them side by side into 1 image

there was an image app a long time ago that does this, i've no idea what the name was tho
    maybe there's something that is current & better

minimal requiremetns

1. should take a few steps (2 or so steps) just like that prevous app/site
    2. app/site needs to have a specfiic feature specifically for this
    3. should be free ofc for such a simple thing

since many ppl dont use many image apps, this may be a hard find

win10user999, Dec 1, 2023
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Taskbar along with a lot of apps do not function.

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Dec 1, 2023
Thema:

Taskbar along with a lot of apps do not function.

1. Taskbar along with a lot of apps do not function. - Similar Threads - Taskbar along lot

2. Taskbar along with a lot of apps do not function.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar along with a lot of apps do not function.: My taskbar doesn't respond to clicks on the windows or search button. Apps are on the taskbar and they work fine but when i click on the windows button, a grey box appears around it like it would when the menu pops up but nothing happens. The search bar when clicked displays...
  3. A lot of windows functions stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A lot of windows functions stopped working: I use Windows 11 on Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Gen6. For the past two weeks I have not been able to use a lot of windows functions:- start menu on click the icon highlights as if it was open, but nothing happens- windows settings- windows update I can see update icon on the toolbar,...
  4. A lot of windows functions stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A lot of windows functions stopped working: I use Windows 11 on Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Gen6. For the past two weeks I have not been able to use a lot of windows functions:- start menu on click the icon highlights as if it was open, but nothing happens- windows settings- windows update I can see update icon on the toolbar,...
  5. Taskbar Search Functionality

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar Search Functionality: Hello, I'm looking to return functionality to the Taskbar Search feature. Even after all these years I'm still accustomed to pressing the Windows Key then searching for a specific file or folder. It would seem the Win10 search feature is solely for advertising Cortana and...
  6. shrink width of taskbar along bottom of screen?

shrink width of taskbar along bottom of screen?: Is there any way to shrink the width of the taskbar along the bottom of the screen? So that e.g. it is 50% of the screen width (sort of like Fluxbox in Linux)? I have googled and can not seem to find a way. Is there a Registry hack of some sort to do this? This is purely for...
  7. Taskbar not functioning correctly.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar not functioning correctly.: Hey, I have an issue where the taskbar is constantly on top of every window, I am also unable to right-click anything on it no option pop up , calendar and notifications also won't open. I have gone thru the options, nothings specifically locked... Please help....
  8. The new Xbox app seems to be missing a lot of functionality compared to the old app it...

The new Xbox app seems to be missing a lot of functionality compared to the old app it...: In the old Xbox console companion app you could see the recent player list, as well as various other functionality like seeing the latest stuff people on your friends list have done like uploading screenshots or popping achievements. The old app still works but it now has an...
  9. Keeping Date on taskbar along with clock

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keeping Date on taskbar along with clock: Is there a way to get the date info along with the clock on the taskbar and still choose "small icons"?...
  10. search function on taskbar

in Cortana
    search function on taskbar: just reinstalled win 10 but a large black box p0ps up on screen , emanating from the search white box lower left taskbar and asks me to strart typing , search etc ... it disappears when i press escape bu t alway s returns.. i am using a german keboard , ie selexted in...