Windows 10: Taskbar and desktop icons keep flickering randomly

Discus and support Taskbar and desktop icons keep flickering randomly in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'll start this off by saying I have a Lenovo ThinkPad P1 Gen 2. Yesterday I was running a simulation software for a project and my laptop suddenly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LieutenantZucc, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Taskbar and desktop icons keep flickering randomly

I'll start this off by saying I have a Lenovo ThinkPad P1 Gen 2. Yesterday I was running a simulation software for a project and my laptop suddenly crashed with the message "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart".

Since this, my taskbar and icons on the desktop keep randomly flickering. I ran SFC Scan but it did not detect any problems. I also performed DISM but to no avail either. When booting into safe mode, the problem does not occur whatsoever.

Is there anything I can do to attempt to fix this?

submitted by /u/LieutenantZucc
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LieutenantZucc, Jan 8, 2021

2. Flickering Icons in Taskbar

Hi there,

I just installed Windows 10 in my PC.

Things were going on well until the second day after installation when my icon in the taskbar started to flicker non stop.

Progressively, the rest of the icon on the desktop started to flicker and go "crazy", eventually going black.

Can someone tell me what is going on and what I can do to remedy this problem.

Ian

-IANMORRIS-, Jan 8, 2021
  3. Taskbar Icons Flickering

Hello,

The issue you're experiencing with the taskbar flickering on Windows 10 Enterprise might be due to a hardware misconfiguration or a sync issue with the server. That being said, we'll need additional information to properly address your concern. Please answer
    the following:

• Are you using a domain?
    • Is your PC connected to a Windows Server PC?

This information is essential in order to provide the correct troubleshooting steps or if we need to direct your query over to the IT Pro audience of the
    TechNet forums.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Devlin Sco, Jan 8, 2021
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Taskbar and desktop icons keep flickering randomly

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

Taskbar and desktop icons keep flickering randomly

1. Taskbar and desktop icons keep flickering randomly - Similar Threads - Taskbar desktop icons

2. Random desktop icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random desktop icon: I’ve installed a driver from edup.com, for a USB Wi-Fi adapter. During installation, I noticed a flickering on one of my monitors red square bg with a white x in the middle. It looked a bit weird, but I’ve already met in the past, pop-up windows lasting for milliseconds...
  3. Random desktop icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random desktop icon: I’ve installed a driver from edup.com, for a USB Wi-Fi adapter. During installation, I noticed a flickering on one of my monitors red square bg with a white x in the middle. It looked a bit weird, but I’ve already met in the past, pop-up windows lasting for milliseconds...
  4. Random desktop icon

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Flickering of taskbar without having display or icons

Flickering of taskbar without having display or icons: I had upgraded Windows 10 about a month ago and just a few days ago it started flashing non-stop after I log in to my account. It loads with no problems until the login page. Once I log in to the account I have only one and have no guest account, the task bar keeps flashing...
  6. Browsers Keep Refreshing/Icons Flicker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Browsers Keep Refreshing/Icons Flicker: Hi, im having issues with my desktop. Im running windows 10. Whenever i use a browser, whether it be chrome, edge or firefox, the pages constantly reload. It usually happens whenever i try to use the searchbar. i also get flickering desktop icons. Ive reset the desktop...
  7. taskbar icons flickering whenever I log in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    taskbar icons flickering whenever I log in: Whenever I log into Windows, the icons on my taskbar flicker for about 10-15 seconds. Can't click on anything when it happens. Also appears that the desktop icons are not loaded when this is happening, they appear as the generic white folder style icon. any ideas what could...
  8. Net keeps dropping and icons flicker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Net keeps dropping and icons flicker: It started quite recently and i have no idea why but my net connection will randomly drop and come back on again. Its possible that this is a problem with the wifi at my accommodation but it has never been like this before until now. When this happens , the icons on my...
  9. Windows icons flickering and also bottom taskbar

Windows icons flickering and also bottom taskbar: Hello, Few months ago I noticed that from time to time my taskbar icons blink. It's like refreshing. This happens at random times, when I surf web or browse files. It's just quickly blinks. Often during the blink there is also spinning mouse circle appears for a 1 second....
  10. Taskbar Icons Flickering

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Icons Flickering: Hello... *Smile I have problem after installing full build on 29.07. I was on preview builds from 10.06 till official release date and never before had same bug. So, when I delete folders or files from desktop or other palces my taskbar icons flicker. And they flickr only...