Windows 10: Taskbar and Desktop Keeps Refreshing and Explorer.exp High CPU Usage

Discus and support Taskbar and Desktop Keeps Refreshing and Explorer.exp High CPU Usage in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was looking for a solution to this issue all over. Spent 8 hours on this and finally got the issue resolved. The issue is the desktop and task bar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Northern, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Northern Win User

Taskbar and Desktop Keeps Refreshing and Explorer.exp High CPU Usage

I was looking for a solution to this issue all over. Spent 8 hours on this and finally got the issue resolved.
    The issue is the desktop and task bar keep refreshing every few seconds and in Task manager the CPU is 60-90 % used by file Explorer.

Tried the suggestions online - including:

System File Check SFC
    DISM
    AV application uninstall
    Other applications to uninstall that were installed in the recent week
    Restore from back version - one month back (didn't work at all)

At the end the only thing that worked is starting the laptop in Safe Mode and then shutting down and restarting normally.

:)

Northern, Feb 19, 2018

2. Taskbar and Desktop Keeps Refreshing!

Whenever my mouse hovers over the task bar, it keeps refreshing and makes it very difficult to use my computer.

Any solutions to this? It only happens when my mouse is hovering over the taskbar. Am currently using Windows 10 but have been for about 2 years now (or whenever it came out) and only experienced this problem now.

(Also possibly unrelated): Unable to install this update?

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7 for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64 (KB3186568) - Error 0x800705aa

EDIT: I think (?) I solved it? Have decreased amount of stuff I have in OneDrive and so far don't seem to be having the problem anymore!

But still can't update that framework thing yet.. Any inputs? Thanks!

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures / PC

achalliday, Feb 19, 2018
  3. Ian Ser Win User
    Taskbar and Desktop Keeps Refreshing!

Hello,

Glad to hear that you've resolved the issue with the task bar. For troubleshooting your Windows update issue, we recommend going through instructions on this
    article. If the steps was unable to resolve the issue, we'd like to request the steps you've done for us
    to be able to give the next troubleshooting steps.

Update us if there are improvements.

Ian Ser, Feb 19, 2018
Thema:

Taskbar and Desktop Keeps Refreshing and Explorer.exp High CPU Usage

1. Taskbar and Desktop Keeps Refreshing and Explorer.exp High CPU Usage - Similar Threads - Taskbar Desktop Keeps

2. Desktop and taskbar keeps refreshing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop and taskbar keeps refreshing: I have read through all the posts to help fix this, but nothing helps. If i select reinstall windows keeping apps and files, it only lest me keep my files, not my apps/programs. If i do that it will take me days to get it all back. I tried the sfc /scannow but i can only do...
  3. Desktop and taskbar keeps refreshing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop and taskbar keeps refreshing: I have read through all the posts to help fix this, but nothing helps. If i select reinstall windows keeping apps and files, it only lest me keep my files, not my apps/programs. If i do that it will take me days to get it all back. I tried the sfc /scannow but i can only do...
  4. Desktop and taskbar keeps refreshing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. taskbar and desktop keep refreshing and lagging!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar and desktop keep refreshing and lagging!!: Hello! My desktop and taskbar keep refreshing every single minute and I can't use anything that's on my taskbar. I've tried restarting the windows explorer, deleting some programs, tried installing an antivirus system and so many other solutions but none of them has worked!...
  6. Desktop & Apps keep Refreshing, CPU usage going crazy

Desktop & Apps keep Refreshing, CPU usage going crazy: Hi, for about 2 weeks I my Windows 10 has been having the following issue: The desktop disappears and reappears frequently as if it were reloading. This causes any Windows File Explorer windows open to freeze up temporarily. It also rapidly refreshes any App I have open and...
  7. high cpu usage on desktop window manager and windows explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    high cpu usage on desktop window manager and windows explorer: Hello! when i move my mouse,(when idle my cpu is at 1%) the cpu goes up to 50%. When i have google opened and move my mouse google uses a lot of cpu and if i close it and open another app and move my mouse that app uses high cpu. I have tried: -scanning for malware -i tried...
  8. Icons in Windows Explorer constantly refreshing, high CPU for explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icons in Windows Explorer constantly refreshing, high CPU for explorer: Hi, When an explorer window of some directory is open, the icons on desktop and the taskbar keep refreshing every other second and explorer.exe has a really high CPU load. I already tried sfc /scannow, removing IconCache.db and disabling automatic color selection on desktop...
  9. high CPU usage by Windows Explorer

high CPU usage by Windows Explorer: Hi, I was looking through the performance of my new msi laptop, and noticed Windows Explorer was using almost the same, if not more CPU than fusion360. Even with all apps closed and at idle, the program is still using up to 17% cpu. I've looked up causes for this, and one...
  10. Windows 10 Explorer Refresh and High CPU Usage

Windows 10 Explorer Refresh and High CPU Usage: Hi, I have an HP Laptop running windows 10 pro 1809 (fully up to date). Recently the user has noticed at all times from power up to shutdown all of the icons, both desktop and taskbar are constantly refreshing. I have rolled back and re-installed the display driver to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. desktop keeps refreshing cpu usage 100%

2. windows 10 high cpu utilization desktop refreshing

3. windows 10 high cpu utilization task bar refreshing

4. windows explorer high cpu usage with desktop icons disappear,
  5. desktop keeps refreshing windows 10 explorer cpu usage,
  6. windows explorer high cpu utilization and constant refresh,
  7. windows explorer constant cpu,
  8. windows 10 1903 18362.267 pdf keeps refreshing desktop,
  9. task bar windows explorer contantly refreshing,
  10. windows 10 desktop constantly refreshing,
  11. windows 10 desktop keeps refreshing cpu at 100%,