Windows 10: Taskbar and most windows functions stopped working after recent update.

Discus and support Taskbar and most windows functions stopped working after recent update. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Like the title suggests i recently updated to the newest update when i was prompted to. After updating the taskbar and start menu no longer works along... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MagicSergeant, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Taskbar and most windows functions stopped working after recent update.

Like the title suggests i recently updated to the newest update when i was prompted to. After updating the taskbar and start menu no longer works along with most other windows functions. I can’t change the volume through the slider anymore and i can’t get rid of the notifications. Any help?

submitted by /u/MagicSergeant
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MagicSergeant, Oct 14, 2020
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 - Taskbar Volume Icon Stopped Working After Recent Windows Update

Hi,

If you can hear the sound normally, the issue may not be driver related.

In that case, we suggest resetting the Audio Service by following the steps below:

• Go to Search, type services.msc, and go to Services.
    • Find Windows Audio, right click on it, and go to Properties.
    • First, make sure that Startup type is set to Automatic.

Taskbar and most windows functions stopped working after recent update. 87a4995f-245e-4302-830d-d2cb29682808.png
    • Then, click on Stop, and wait for the process to stop.
    • Now, click to Start again
    • Restart your computer, and check if you will be able to access the volume icon on the taskbar.

Don't hesitate to inform us on how it goes.

Mayra Aqu, Oct 14, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - Taskbar Volume Icon Stopped Working After Recent Windows Update

I too have a non-functioning taskbar after Creator's Fall (or whatever) installed. Generally speaking can someone explain why an "update" should result in lower functionality? Moreover why should a System Update corrupt System Files?

RyanRodgers1, Oct 14, 2020
  4. Taskbar and most windows functions stopped working after recent update.

Auto-Hide the taskbar function not working

Since this morning Windows 10 "Auto-Hide the taskbar" function is not working despite proper settings.

Taskbar and most windows functions stopped working after recent update. U1ljzeh.jpg

Any suggestion?

Ps.

Found a solution at the following:
    Fix: Taskbar Auto-Hide Feature Not Working On Windows 10

"Try restarting File Explorer or Windows Explorer" option worked for me

Fingers crossed... and sorry for the post, I google all morning for a solution and couldn't find it.

Pulcinella, Oct 14, 2020
Thema:

Taskbar and most windows functions stopped working after recent update.

1. Taskbar and most windows functions stopped working after recent update. - Similar Threads - Taskbar functions stopped

2. Function HttpSendRequest stopped working correctly after recent Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Function HttpSendRequest stopped working correctly after recent Windows update: Function HttpSendRequest ignores form data, and the web server gets the request as if the data were empty. If I send the same request via browser, then all works as expected.My executable, which makes a call to HttpSendRequest, used to work just fine for many years. Now, it...
  3. Function HttpSendRequest stopped working correctly after recent Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Function HttpSendRequest stopped working correctly after recent Windows update: Function HttpSendRequest ignores form data, and the web server gets the request as if the data were empty. If I send the same request via browser, then all works as expected.My executable, which makes a call to HttpSendRequest, used to work just fine for many years. Now, it...
  4. Function HttpSendRequest stopped working correctly after recent Windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Audio no longer working after most recent update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio no longer working after most recent update: Hello, I recently about a week ago installed a windows update which I had been putting off for a bit and found that after full installation my audio was no longer working. Not thinking much of it I left it a few days hoping some magical fix would come, but unfortunately this...
  6. Audio no longer working after most recent update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio no longer working after most recent update: Hello, I recently about a week ago installed a windows update which I had been putting off for a bit and found that after full installation my audio was no longer working. Not thinking much of it I left it a few days hoping some magical fix would come, but unfortunately this...
  7. Audio no longer working after most recent update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. keyboard functions changed after most recent Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    keyboard functions changed after most recent Windows Update: Prior to the June 27th Windows update, my function keys worked with their primary function being the "big" image on them: from left to right dimmer, brighter, play/pause, mute, vol down, vol up, backlight keys, PrtScn, Home, End, PgUp, PgDn. Then IF I pushed the "Fn" key...
  9. My MS display adapter stopped working after the most recent windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My MS display adapter stopped working after the most recent windows update: Both of my MS display adapters (two different monitors) stopped working after the most recent windows update. I have a high end Surface laptop. I asked our college technical support to work on it, they spent an hour on it without success. Fix the driver that broke this and...
  10. Audio Stop working with most recent update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Audio Stop working with most recent update: Hello I have Dell Inspiron15 Intel i5 8GB with 1TB Windows 10Pro Version 1809 Os Build 17763.404. I have updated with most recent update and my sound is completelt dead. I uninstall Realtek audio driver reinstall it and still have no sound on it. I see some people have seen...