Windows 10: Taskbar and other applications not working

Discus and support Taskbar and other applications not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I get an hourglass on my taskbar and none of the options on it works, then it refreshes. I also get this message. Please help!I was trying to fix my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jakeb117, Aug 1, 2021.

1. Jakeb117 Win User

Taskbar and other applications not working

I get an hourglass on my taskbar and none of the options on it works, then it refreshes. I also get this message. Please help!I was trying to fix my wifi as no wifi networks appeared but resulted in this.

:)

Jakeb117, Aug 1, 2021
  2. kreed66 Win User

windows 10 home missing pin to taskbar for installed applications

I added a third step to the first suggestion, which worked for me:

1. Choose start> All apps,

2. Scroll to the application you want to pin, right click and then click
    Pin to taskbar.

3. When the desired icon tile appears in the desktop box, left click on it and drag it into the task bar.

kreed66, Aug 1, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Screen Resolution and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows ’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type Settings
    • SelectSystem > Display > Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked
      "(Recommended)”.
    Also try locking and then unlocking the Taskbar and check if this helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click an empty space on the taskbar.
    • If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked.
    • If it does not have a check mark, click Lock the Taskbar.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Aug 1, 2021
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

Problem with a combine taskbar icons.

Hello,

In Windows 10, you can personalize the settings of your taskbar. If there are multiple applications opened, same applications will be combined under one taskbar button. If you want to change this setting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Press the Start button.
    • Click on the Settings app.
    • Select Personalization.
    • At the left side of your window, click on Taskbar.
    • Under Combine taskbar buttons, choose Never.

Kindly update us with the results and if you have further queries, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Aug 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Taskbar and other applications not working - Similar Threads - Taskbar applications working

2. Taskbar and other applications not working due to AppData folder modifications.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar and other applications not working due to AppData folder modifications.: For the past 5 days I'm not able to access the taskbar properly and also I'm not able to install new apps on my system. I guess that is because I tried to modify the attributes of AppData folder and few other folders of the applications that were not working i.e. Google Drive...
  3. Taskbar and other applications not working due to AppData folder modifications.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar and other applications not working due to AppData folder modifications.: For the past 5 days I'm not able to access the taskbar properly and also I'm not able to install new apps on my system. I guess that is because I tried to modify the attributes of AppData folder and few other folders of the applications that were not working i.e. Google Drive...
  4. Taskbar and other applications not working due to AppData folder modifications.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. The keyboard not working in the windows but work on any other applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The keyboard not working in the windows but work on any other applications: The keyboard is not working anywhere in the windows also I tried on screen keyboard same problem, but they working fine on any other applications anyone have clue about where is the problem?...
  6. The keyboard not working in the windows but work on any other applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The keyboard not working in the windows but work on any other applications: The keyboard is not working anywhere in the windows also I tried on screen keyboard same problem, but they working fine on any other applications anyone have clue about where is the problem?...
  7. The keyboard not working in the windows but work on any other applications

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Audio working in some applications, not others

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio working in some applications, not others: My audio is working in Discord, but if I go to play a song or watch a YouTube video, It's silent. I tried rebooting the computer, and I also went to the audio mixer to make sure everything was not muted and nothing was. How would I try to fix this issue? submitted by...
  9. Taskbar Application Tasks Not Working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar Application Tasks Not Working: I've been having issues with my computer and can't find any related articles online. If you right click on an app on the taskbar, there will be a window that pops up with several options. I can close or open up the app from the window, but every time I try to do anything else...
  10. Applications to taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Applications to taskbar: How do I move a application that's on my taskbar to my desktop? For example, I have Netflix on my taskbar and i'd like to move it to my desktop. Thanks!...