Windows 10: Taskbar and settings no longer working

Discus and support Taskbar and settings no longer working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For some reason, when i'm clicking on stuff in the task bar such as the clock and volume controls, nothing is happening, I can't right click items on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by billyneil, Oct 12, 2020.

1. billyneil Win User

Taskbar and settings no longer working

For some reason, when i'm clicking on stuff in the task bar such as the clock and volume controls, nothing is happening, I can't right click items on the taskbar and it's even extended to issues inside windows settings such as the Bluetooth, i'm trying to add my game controller via bluetooth and when I click the "add bluetooth or other device" plusmark button, nothing happens.

I'm on Windows 10 Home.

:)

billyneil, Oct 12, 2020
  2. elbeasto Win User

Store Live Tile no longer works

Sorry I didn't finish editing that post.

it's up there now post #6.

elbeasto, Oct 12, 2020
  3. John Fer Win User
    Taskbar - to restore to default settings

Hi,

To change the settings for the icons on your taskbar, follow the steps below:

• Right click on your taskbar.
    • Select on Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, look for the Combine taskbar buttons option.
    • Click on the drop-down arrow and choose Always, hide labels.
    • Once done, you can now close the settings window.

These steps should help you with your issue.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

John Fer, Oct 12, 2020
  4. Taskbar and settings no longer working

Taskbar no longer works after 1511 build

I've done all the steps suggested and my taskbar still is not fully operational. The start menu doesn't work. A few icons are black. The notifications box doesn't work. And the calendar doesn't work. I don't know why these things stopped working either.
    Some icons do work in the taskbar however. Mozilla Firefox still works and so does the documents folder.

AnthonyWickhamJr, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

Taskbar and settings no longer working

1. Taskbar and settings no longer working - Similar Threads - Taskbar settings longer

2. "Show People on the taskbar" no longer works

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Show People on the taskbar" no longer works: When I right-click the taskbar and click "Show People on the taskbar," the People icon no longer appears on the taskbar. When I right-click the taskbar again, the checkbox doesn't appear before "Show People on the taskbar." Also, the People settings no longer appear in...
  3. "Show People on the taskbar" no longer works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Show People on the taskbar" no longer works: When I right-click the taskbar and click "Show People on the taskbar," the People icon no longer appears on the taskbar. When I right-click the taskbar again, the checkbox doesn't appear before "Show People on the taskbar." Also, the People settings no longer appear in...
  4. Taskbar and settings will not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar and settings will not work: Hello I have a new custom built pc, just a few weeks old. After a week of having it, my task bar became unusable, then settings wouldn’t work and half of my apps/games, I couldn’t uninstall any program or even reset windows as it would say ‘undoing changes’ after trying to...
  5. Taskbar and settings will not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar and settings will not work: Hello I have a new custom built pc, just a few weeks old. After a week of having it, my task bar became unusable, then settings wouldn’t work and half of my apps/games, I couldn’t uninstall any program or even reset windows as it would say ‘undoing changes’ after trying to...
  6. Taskbar buttons no longer work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar buttons no longer work: Hi guys, I really need help, when I click on any of the buttons in the right hand corner of my task bar e.g. battery logo, wifi, volume or calendar/time nothing at all happens. Its made it impossible for me to do certain things, such as change wifi networks. I've tried doing...
  7. Taskbar buttons no longer work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar buttons no longer work: Hi guys, I really need help, when I click on any of the buttons in the right hand corner of my task bar e.g. battery logo, wifi, volume or calendar/time nothing at all happens. Its made it impossible for me to do certain things, such as change wifi networks. I've tried doing...
  8. Taskbar buttons no longer work

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Sound icon on taskbar no longer working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound icon on taskbar no longer working: Just yesterday Aug 26, 2020 the sound icon that I use regularly to adjust volume has stopped working. I'm sure there's a simple fix, but I haven't found it. Please help?...
  10. Taskbar options no longer work.

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar options no longer work.: Right clicking on the taskbar clock doesn't open the calendar, it opens the same window which appears when right clicking in a vacant area of the taskbar. Right clicking on the action centre icon and then on Open Action Centre doesn't do anything except close that window....