Windows 10: Taskbar and start menu are unresponsive after logging in and task manager won’t open

Discus and support Taskbar and start menu are unresponsive after logging in and task manager won’t open in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Title says it all. Taskbar won’t even load app icons. I only have recycle bin on my front page so I don’t know if apps like chrome would even open, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HunterSmith6, May 2, 2020.

1. Taskbar and start menu are unresponsive after logging in and task manager won’t open

Title says it all. Taskbar won’t even load app icons. I only have recycle bin on my front page so I don’t know if apps like chrome would even open, but when I open the bin and try to navigate to my files it’s goes unresponsive. Right clicking does not do anything on the taskbar and all button combos to get task manager open don’t work. Loading in safe mode did not fix this. I’ve searched for answers but all the results I’ve found require the start menu to open which mine can’t. Thanks for any help

:)

HunterSmith6, May 2, 2020

2. Taskbar hides and shows itself after opening start menu.

Steps:

1. Using HDMI for a second monitor.
    2. Open start menu using the icon.
    3. Close start menu using the icon.
    4. Click anywhere other than the task bars. (e.g. an open window, the desktop, even the first monitor's desktop)
    5. Taskbar on second monitor slides down to be hidden.
    6. Taskbar then immediately slides up to reappear.

If after closing the start menu (step 3), you click on the taskbar, then click outside the taskbar, this behavior does not occur.

Performing the steps on the main monitor's taskbar does not produce this behavior.

This has been happening for as long as I can remember using this laptop (~3years), with different nVidia drivers and Windows 10 updates.

Dreaming Void, May 2, 2020
  3. Taskbar, Start Menu, Task Manager are not opening.

My Taskbar and Start Menu are not opening by any means. I tried opening Task Manager and, by any means, it doesn't open either.

I searched for solutions online and some of them told me to open PowerShell as Admin, but when I try to do it, it doesn't open either, it just opens as normal, not as Admin.

Some others told me to delete the TileDataLayer folder. I did, but it didn't work.

Finally, I tried to Start the computer in Safe Mode, holding down the F8 key as it starts, but it started as it normally does, not in Safe Mode.

I really don't know what to do. Please, help me.

DanielToro_611, May 2, 2020
  4. Taskbar and start menu are unresponsive after logging in and task manager won’t open

Win10 start menu won`t open (SOLUTION)

To all people that suffer from same problems as I did:

-Win 10`s start menu won`t open after restart

-Win 10`s menu stops working after few days if your pc has been idle or just on.

-Win 10`s menu works after AC power down

-Win 10`s menu won`t work after restart unless you log out and relog through CTRL+ALT+DEL

It took me 7 hours to find cause of this problem, lots program reinstallations and browsing through internet.

Even Microsoft support didn`t provide the right answer for this problem, they just give you commands and advices to create new accounts, cleanup this, reinstall that, clean boot this, normal boot that. But what they don`t say is that all those problems are
    caused by their so called "feature" that released with their "Fall Creators Update". A feature that saves some data into the memory, so after restart it start`s to open all your chrome windows and other programs.

CAUSE:

Your windows might get some conflicts with some programms during the session, before the update if you shutdown/restart your pc, windows where just dumping all the data out of the window, after the update it started to save it to the memory (including all the
    conflicted data). THANK YOU MICROSOFT!

SOLUTION:

Go to your Search icon on the taskbar, type > Settings > Accounts > Sing-In options > Under "Privacy" uncheck/disable "Use my sing-in info to automatically setting up my device after an update or restart" > Restart

Hope it helps folks!

3DArtist

And ofcourse:

Microsoft, you`ve already forced us into updates with Win10.

Will you now please stop screwing up windows even more with your pointless system breaking features!

Stop reinventing the wheel.

3DArtist_007, May 2, 2020
Thema:

Taskbar and start menu are unresponsive after logging in and task manager won’t open

1. Taskbar and start menu are unresponsive after logging in and task manager won’t open - Similar Threads - Taskbar start menu

2. Not showing icons Not showing taskbar icon Task manager not opening start menu not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not showing icons Not showing taskbar icon Task manager not opening start menu not opening: How I solve this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-showing-icons-not-showing-taskbar-icon-task/7a413e75-c163-46e5-aa97-47532eb56fbc
  3. Not showing icons Not showing taskbar icon Task manager not opening start menu not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not showing icons Not showing taskbar icon Task manager not opening start menu not opening: How I solve this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-showing-icons-not-showing-taskbar-icon-task/7a413e75-c163-46e5-aa97-47532eb56fbc
  4. Not showing icons Not showing taskbar icon Task manager not opening start menu not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. taskbar windows apps and start menu unresponsive

in Windows 10 Customization
    taskbar windows apps and start menu unresponsive: my taskbar settings and other task bar utility like start menu button wi-fi volume etc are not responding I tried sfc /scannowDISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealthGet-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...
  6. Start menu won’t open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu won’t open: Im in windows 10 and my start menu won’t open for som reason and I can’t update windows. submitted by /u/iHateCollageAlot [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mhb722/start_menu_wont_open/
  7. Start Menu, Taskbar, and Task Manager not working on boot

Start Menu, Taskbar, and Task Manager not working on boot: Hi, I'm having an issue with the start menu, task bar, and task manager. I don't know what is the issue, usually at the start up the task bar icon will show up but now it does not even show up. Even worse every time I move my cursor to the taskbar the cursor changes into...
  8. No desktop icons, start menu won't open, Taskbar won't open, task manager won't open,...

in Windows 10 Customization
    No desktop icons, start menu won't open, Taskbar won't open, task manager won't open,...: It's all in the title. When I login, there are no desktop icons. If I click a few times the screen will flash and go back to how it was. Clicking on the Taskbar results in the same thing. I've tried opening task manager by ctrl Alt delete and by ctrl shift escape, but it...
  9. Taskbar, Task manager, start menu and desktop not working.

Taskbar, Task manager, start menu and desktop not working.: Recently my computer does not work properly, when I boot it up, it takes a vert long time for the icons on the desktop to load, while bot being able to open start menu, when I open Task Manager it stops working. I've tried safe mode, clean start up, sfc scans and nothing...
  10. Taskbar and start menu are unresponsive on desktop and task manager will not open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar and start menu are unresponsive on desktop and task manager will not open: Title says it all. Taskbar won’t even load app icons. I only have recycle bin on my front page so I don’t know if apps like chrome would even open, but when I open the bin and try to navigate to my files it’s goes unresponsive. Right clicking does not do anything on the...