Windows 10: taskbar and start menu background turned white

Discus and support taskbar and start menu background turned white in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, my taskbar and start menu background have both turned white since last update earlier in this month. I have tried right click on desktop,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ivan Adan, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Ivan Adan Win User

taskbar and start menu background turned white

Hi,

my taskbar and start menu background have both turned white since last update earlier in this month. I have tried right click on desktop, personalize, colors... but it doesn't give me the option to tick on the start, taskbar and action center box. Any ideas on how to get them back to blue color?

thanks,

Ivan

:)

Ivan Adan, Sep 16, 2019

2. Windows 10: Issues with Start Menu, background image, control panel settings command not working. Taskbar show on both the screen.

Hi Rex,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is some system files is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "I cannot use ms-settingstaskbar and start menu background turned white :personalization-background", have you tried to run the command in the Run box?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to refer to the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article and also try to change the background image.

Step 1: I recommend you to follow the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article about Start Menu issues and check if it helps.
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12385/windows-10-troubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Step 2: I suggest you to change the background image by following the steps below and check if it helps.
    1. Right click on Desktop screen.
    2. Then click on Personalize.
    3. Choose Background.
    4. Then try to change the background settings.

Step 3: I recommend you to make changes in the taskbar settings.

1. Right click on Taskbar.

2. Then click on Settings.

3. Turn on Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Windows 10 performance, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 16, 2019
  3. ziffel Win User
    problem on a few menus - white text on white background

G'day all.

I have two instances of having white text on white backgrounds. I use start10 by Stardock, and on its menus, items currently highlighted are showing white text on a white background. Other (non-highlighted) items display correctly.

I also noticed this same thing when Cortana displays something like my shopping list. If i ask her to display my shopping list, she does, and i can see the checkboxes, but the actual text of the list is not visible.

I sense this has something to do with system level font/color settings, but I can't find where this is controlled in Win10.

ziffel, Sep 16, 2019
  4. ziffel Win User

problem on a few menus - white text on white background

No, no other customization software. btw, on that Cortana shopping list, I can click on the items and select them. when I do so, they appear on the next screen fine, like so:

taskbar and start menu background turned white [​IMG]

So I feel like it's a display issue, like it's showing white text on a white background, similar to what Start10 was doing.

ziffel, Sep 16, 2019
Thema:

1. taskbar and start menu background turned white - Similar Threads - taskbar start menu

2. Why is the background white with no taskbar or desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the background white with no taskbar or desktop?: My files app wasn't working so I used task manager to crash it. Right after it crashed, the taskbar along with the desktop turned comptley white. This has happened on many occasions.Windows 11...
  3. Why is the background white with no taskbar or desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is the background white with no taskbar or desktop?: My files app wasn't working so I used task manager to crash it. Right after it crashed, the taskbar along with the desktop turned comptley white. This has happened on many occasions.Windows 11...
  4. Windows start and search background turned black instead of the usuall white

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows start and search background turned black instead of the usuall white: So i have a question regarding this,my start and search background turned black instead of the usually white colour it always had.Is this some sort of update? Is this the norm now or did something break? The default windows mode is set to dark and the default app mode to...
  5. Start Menu Background

Start Menu Background: Hello. How do I change the background color of the start menu from pale white to another color https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-background/525643bf-5ef5-4ce5-bdc8-7b6bfccea54a
  6. How to Make Windows 10 Start Menu Background Color White While Keeping the Taskbar Black?

How to Make Windows 10 Start Menu Background Color White While Keeping the Taskbar Black?: Is there a way to achieve this? I like the white color on the start menu, but the white taskbar is just not for me. And unfortunately, the start menu and the taskbar are like a "package", I can't change one's color without the other, because if I changed the "default Windows...
  7. Taskbar turned white

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar turned white: This happened the instant I downloaded Firefox, it just turned white out of nowhere. I tried to change it by going into settings under personalization however the option to change taskbar settings was greyed out. What can I do? This white taskbar is burning my eyes....
  8. How to turn the taskbar white?

How to turn the taskbar white?: I don't think the black taskbar is awesome. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-the-taskbar-white/0a04259d-6c17-4d9d-9185-5e684a6009e5
  9. Start Menu Background

Start Menu Background: I have 3 Windows 10 computers, a tablet, a notebook and a desktop. All are 64 bit and up to date. The notebook and desktop do not display a picture as the background of the start menu. I've read that this is the way it is and nothing can be done to display a background...
  10. Taskbar and start menu is white! HELP! :(

Taskbar and start menu is white! HELP! :(: Hi Guys, I switched to a new desktop where my background wallpapers got synced but the taskbar and start menu have become white. How do I make it black like it used to be? Please help sort it out asap if possible. Here is a screenshot - Thank you. [IMG]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. start menu color background white

2. why is my task bar light blue

3. windows start menu turned white

4. taskbar changed color to white,
  5. color on task bar changed on its own,
  6. start menu color turned white,
  7. taskbar and start menu windows 10 turn white