Windows 10: Taskbar and Start Menu Disappears From Time to Time

Discus and support Taskbar and Start Menu Disappears From Time to Time in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am using latest release of Windows 10 using an external monitor with a Dell Inspiron. I have the laptop lid closed so that monitor is off so I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jmsnyc, Aug 30, 2015.

1. jmsnyc Win User

Taskbar and Start Menu Disappears From Time to Time

I am using latest release of Windows 10 using an external monitor with a Dell Inspiron. I have the laptop lid closed so that monitor is off so I am only using external monitor. I cannot see start menu or task bar on bottom of screen. I was looking for options in my monitor menu to shift image vertically but it does not have it.

Also if I point my mouse just below the left corner and click nothing comes up (tried this to see if start menu was there and just out of sight)

I also tried to adjust scaling using Intel HD Graphics Control Panel. I can crop the vertical image smaller than monitor but still no task bar.

If I hit the windows key I get the start menu but not taskbar. If I reboot it comes back but from time to time this bug will reappear.

:)

jmsnyc, Aug 30, 2015
  2. Jpach2 Win User

The start menu is not on the taskbar

I've loaded Windows 10 twice now, from windows 7, and the start menu does not appear on the taskbar. The first time it was there but then it disappeared . Second time it did not appear at all. The start menu does not appear to be on my system. There is
    no application for start menu. Help please. I like everything else about 10 except this. Thank you, John.

Jpach2, Aug 30, 2015
  3. no time and date on taskbar

My time and date have disappeared from the taskbar. the drop menu on the taskbar has no properties on it and all icons do not show clock

IanMartin_685, Aug 30, 2015
Thema:

Taskbar and Start Menu Disappears From Time to Time

1. Taskbar and Start Menu Disappears From Time to Time - Similar Threads - Taskbar Start Menu

2. windows taskbar disappears from time to time

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows taskbar disappears from time to time: when I upgraded to the windows10 20H2 recently, my taskbar disappears from time to time. I have checked that I don't turn on the "Auto-hide the taskbar". The picture shows my systems' version. I need your help, thank you very much....
  3. Taskbar time does not update? and other things disappearing

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar time does not update? and other things disappearing: I managed a screenshot, had to use windows key +s + shift to snap a picture showing how often overnight the time and date just quits updating the main screen, but click on time and it shows the correct time. Snip and sketch could not function as the PC was too slow when this...
  4. Time and Date disappeared from the taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Time and Date disappeared from the taskbar: I'm running the most recent Windows 10 update and the date and time that is usually on the bottom right of the taskbar doesn't show anymore. I searched through the settings but there doesn't seem to be an option to toggle it back on. Is there anyway to change this back or is...
  5. Fonts disappear from time to time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fonts disappear from time to time: Hello everyone I have an issue with my system fonts. They keep disappearing from time to time. It affects Windows Explorer, Task Manager, Microsoft Office and the Desktop so far. Text, numbers, icons disappear and sometimes when they come back some characters look weird. It...
  6. When clicking start menu, toolbar on taskbar disappears

in Windows 10 Support
    When clicking start menu, toolbar on taskbar disappears: I've attached a video below of the problem. When clicking the start menu, one of my toolbars (Media Monkey Media Player) disappears for some reason, and re-appears when releasing from the start menu. I've checked every option in Media Monkey and haven' t found a good reason...
  7. New start menu corrupts with time

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    New start menu corrupts with time: Upgraded to 10 on 30th July. Since then after about an hour the start menu words and icons become corrupted and unreadable. Only in the start menu, the Cortana box and the metro style tiles. Nowhere else is affected neither apps nor internet pages apart from the Photos app....
  8. Start Menu not clickable at times...

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu not clickable at times...: Every once in a whils I lose the ability of opening the start menu either by clicking on it or using the keyboard. In order to restart, I have to hit the reset button. After that, I regain the Start Menu, but that does not last long. Maybe a couple of hours later the same...
  9. taskbar and start menu KEEP disappearing.

in Windows 10 Support
    taskbar and start menu KEEP disappearing.: I've tried to fix this from sites and advice on the internet, but it keeps happening. I can't find a topic here on this, so I apologize if I'm posting something I shouldn't be. Thanks for any direction you can send me in. Jovin 36693
  10. Disappearing Settings Menu from Start

in Windows 10 Support
    Disappearing Settings Menu from Start: This morning, I noticed that the "File Explorer" and "Settings" menu items have disappeared from the Start menu. I manually typed in "Settings" and pinned it to the Start menu, but it showed up as a tile, which was not my intent. I removed the tile, and both "Settings" and...