Windows 10: taskbar and start menu very slow to open

Discus and support taskbar and start menu very slow to open in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Does any one have problems with items in taskbar and start menu very slow to open, examples Google Chrome, Opera, email client. It's taking close to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BobFlowers, Aug 22, 2019.

1. taskbar and start menu very slow to open

Does any one have problems with items in taskbar and start menu very slow to open, examples Google Chrome, Opera, email client. It's taking close to a minute for programs to open. I'm running an insider preview.

Version 1903, OS build 18965.1000

Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this problem.

:)

BobFlowers, Aug 22, 2019

2. Taskbar hides and shows itself after opening start menu.

Steps:

1. Using HDMI for a second monitor.
    2. Open start menu using the icon.
    3. Close start menu using the icon.
    4. Click anywhere other than the task bars. (e.g. an open window, the desktop, even the first monitor's desktop)
    5. Taskbar on second monitor slides down to be hidden.
    6. Taskbar then immediately slides up to reappear.

If after closing the start menu (step 3), you click on the taskbar, then click outside the taskbar, this behavior does not occur.

Performing the steps on the main monitor's taskbar does not produce this behavior.

This has been happening for as long as I can remember using this laptop (~3years), with different nVidia drivers and Windows 10 updates.

Dreaming Void, Aug 22, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Start menu and taskbar not working.

Hi Deva,

Thank you for updating.

I suggest you to refer the link below and follow the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/get-help-windows-start-menu

Hope the Start menu works after performing the steps suggested. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Aug 22, 2019
  4. Naki Win User

taskbar and start menu very slow to open

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Thema:

taskbar and start menu very slow to open

1. taskbar and start menu very slow to open - Similar Threads - taskbar start menu

2. Start Menu Very Slow to Appear and Quick Search Not Working

in Cortana
    Start Menu Very Slow to Appear and Quick Search Not Working: When I click on the Windows 10 Start Menu icon, there is a 3-4 second delay before the start menu actually pops up. Also, typing once I'm in the start menu doesn't activate Quick Search like it's supposed to, Quick Search just doesn't show up at all. This problem began last...
  3. Start Menu Very Slow to Appear and Quick Search Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu Very Slow to Appear and Quick Search Not Working: When I click on the Windows 10 Start Menu icon, there is a 3-4 second delay before the start menu actually pops up. Also, typing once I'm in the start menu doesn't activate Quick Search like it's supposed to, Quick Search just doesn't show up at all. This problem began last...
  4. Start Menu Very Slow to Appear and Quick Search Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Application opens up slow, window menu and setting also very slow.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Application opens up slow, window menu and setting also very slow.: Hi, I’m having some problem with my window desktop after a reset. When I starts my desktop, everything was able to process fast and smoothly for the first 10 second, but after that 10 second, everything seemed to open up way slower and even the window menu button takes about...
  6. Apps will not open from start menu or taskbar

Apps will not open from start menu or taskbar: Hello, I am running windows 10 and when I open the start menu to search for a program, it will not open. When I click an app or file from within the menu, it says the following: "The item you selected is unavailable. I might have been moved, renamed, or removed..."...
  7. Start menu slow

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu slow: The start menu is too slow it always takes 2-3 seconds to open video please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-slow/0f997e3b-8a1a-4e91-8790-42293dd25204
  8. start menu and search open very slow

start menu and search open very slow: my start menu and search box opens very slowtakes around 30 seconds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-and-search-open-very-slow/ef400e7e-d10e-41e0-a791-dd5526887e32
  9. Context Menu Very, Very Slow

in Windows 10 Support
    Context Menu Very, Very Slow: so i just did an in-place upgrade that resolved pretty much all of the issues i was having, but unfortunately the context menu is now extremely slow. let me rephrase that, it's lightning quick when on the desktop or certain files (.dll for example), in fact it couldn't be...
  10. Windows 10 Start Menu is very slow to open? Make it faster!

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Start Menu is very slow to open? Make it faster!: [ATTACH] [IMG]If your Start Menu in Windows 10 opens slowly, lags or even stutters and you would like to make Windows 10 Start Menu faster; then this post will be able to help you. Windows 10 includes animations which make opening [...] This post Windows 10 Start Menu is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does it slow down your computer to have apps on taskbar or startmenu

2. taskbar very slow windows 10

3. does runnimg ions on taskbar slow my pc start up time?

4. start menu is slow to open