Windows 10: Taskbar app highlighter gets stuck after prolonged use.

Discus and support Taskbar app highlighter gets stuck after prolonged use. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft! A couple of days ago I was using my Surface Book for an extremely long time. I was constantly switching from one app to another.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Steve.AJ, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Steve.AJ Win User

Taskbar app highlighter gets stuck after prolonged use.

Hello Microsoft!

A couple of days ago I was using my Surface Book for an extremely long time. I was constantly switching from one app to another. After 3-4 hours of working, I realised that the app highlighter/glow effect in the taskbar gets stuck on one app. Even after taking my mouse off of the app the glow continued to be there. I then scrolled over MS Word and the highlighter /glow changed to MS Word and then got stuck there. Is there any way to fix this?

Note: I have experienced this even with my Windows 10 Gaming PC as well as my Alienware Area 51M.

Thanks!

:)

Steve.AJ, Jun 26, 2020
  2. TimoDil Win User

Taskbar icons highlighting, when not being highlighted

Every so often when dragging my mouse along the taskbar and the pinned apps I have on them, the last app that was being hovered over (or highlighted) will remain highlighted as if the mouse is still hovering the app. It is a menial issue, but it really
    bothers me that the preview and highlighted box appear on an app when there is nothing hovering above that app. I was wondering if there are any others with the same issue, and if there are any solutions to resolve this tiny issue?

TimoDil, Jun 26, 2020
  3. Windows 10 won't wake up from prolonged sleep (or hibernate or shutdown) conditions

Regarding your concern with Windows 10 not waking up after prolonged sleep, we suggest that you perform these steps:

• Go to Control Panel > Power options.
    • Click Change plan settings for Power saver.
    • Click Change advanced power settings > Restore plan defaults >
      OK.
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Rachelle Gra, Jun 26, 2020
  4. Taskbar app highlighter gets stuck after prolonged use.

Problems with upgrade to Windows 10. Reader app wont highlight text

Hi Chelsea,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

Before I could provide you a solution, I would like to know the below information:

• When you try highlighting do you get any error message?
    Meanwhile I suggest you to try app troubleshooter, kindly follow the steps below:

a) Type troubleshooting in the Search Box present on the Task Bar.

b) Select Troubleshooting.

c) Select View all on the top left corner.

d) Run Windows Store App troubleshooter.

If the above method does not help then kindly reinstall the
    reader app.

To reinstall the reader app kindly follow the below steps:

• Right click on the reader app
    • Select uninstall
    • After uninstallation is finished kindly download the same from windows store

Kindly get back to us with the information and results to assist you better.

Niteshkumar1709, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

Taskbar app highlighter gets stuck after prolonged use.

1. Taskbar app highlighter gets stuck after prolonged use. - Similar Threads - Taskbar app highlighter

2. Windows 11 icon highlight is stuck after using arrows to select them.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 icon highlight is stuck after using arrows to select them.: After playing around with the arrows on the desktop, selecting a few icons and jumping around them with the arrows and then clicking elsewhere the blue selection will disappear but some kind of a grayish grid still gets left there.Refreshing the desktop does not work at all....
  3. Windows 11 icon highlight is stuck after using arrows to select them.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 icon highlight is stuck after using arrows to select them.: After playing around with the arrows on the desktop, selecting a few icons and jumping around them with the arrows and then clicking elsewhere the blue selection will disappear but some kind of a grayish grid still gets left there.Refreshing the desktop does not work at all....
  4. Search bar or highlights icon gets stuck at highlighting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar or highlights icon gets stuck at highlighting.: So I found an issue with the highlighting of the search bar or highlights icon on Windows. When I click out of the search bar or highlights, the highlighting gets stuck. I find this really, REALLY annoying for me. I try to hover over the highlighting that got stuck, it it was...
  5. Search bar or highlights icon gets stuck at highlighting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search bar or highlights icon gets stuck at highlighting.: So I found an issue with the highlighting of the search bar or highlights icon on Windows. When I click out of the search bar or highlights, the highlighting gets stuck. I find this really, REALLY annoying for me. I try to hover over the highlighting that got stuck, it it was...
  6. Search bar or highlights icon gets stuck at highlighting.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. context menu UI corrupt with prolonged use

in Windows 10 Support
    context menu UI corrupt with prolonged use: window explorer right click context menu, with many different version of windows 10, or even on my 8 computer as well. when it goes bad, it'll show blacklines with unreadable portion in context menu when right click on a file, folder or desktop. sometimes it'll show all...
  8. "Not Responding" after prolonged use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Not Responding" after prolonged use: I am looking for some help debugging a problem which is driving my crazy. After my Win10 system has been running for a week or longer all of a sudden applications such Google Chome start to become very slow, and stop responding to any keyboard input. When this happens the...
  9. Taskbar Icons not Highlighted?

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Icons not Highlighted?: Hi just a quick question and wondered if anyone else has this? My Taskbar Icons don't highlight when in use, I'm used to seeing them highlighted in W7 and miss that as I often close W10 with something open in the background, like notepad or something.. Is there a way to...
  10. Prolonged Starting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Prolonged Starting: Hello, recently got Windows 10 prolonged starts, before I can access my account and enter password. The mouse shows circle like loading some thing, after random button press screen gets white(not responding). How to find cause of this strange behavior? 99289