Windows 10: Taskbar App right-click menu dark

Discus and support Taskbar App right-click menu dark in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, The right-click menu of for any program for me is dark but the problem is the menu item text is a shade greyer (grayer?*sarc) than black which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zargon05, Mar 11, 2016.

1. zargon05 Win User

Taskbar App right-click menu dark

Hi,

The right-click menu of for any program for me is dark but the problem is the menu item text is a shade greyer (grayer?*sarc) than black which makes it almost unreadable. This happens only for programs, the right click for start menu is ok. I am attaching a pic for reference. I should also mention that if I right-click on the menu items then for split second the text flickers white then goes back to black-ish. Any help is much appreciated

Taskbar App right-click menu dark [​IMG]

:)

zargon05, Mar 11, 2016
  2. suat.cini Win User

Why are right-click menu background colors different ?

Start button right-click menu background color: Black / Dark color

Taskbar right-click background color: Black / Dark color

Desktop right-click background color: White / Light color

Can we make all right-click menu background colors the same ? Black / Dark color, for example.

Below screenshot shows the three right-click menus together. The menus are shot at different times but put together for easy comparison.

Taskbar App right-click menu dark [​IMG]

suat.cini, Mar 11, 2016
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Taskbar application right-click dark

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community.

Which build is currently installed on the computer?

Please perform System File Checker scan if you are not in build 14279,
    and then check if it helps in getting the issue resolved.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave
    as expected.

Perform SFC(System file Checker) scan and see if it helps.

a: Press Windows key + X.

b: Select Command Prompt(Admin).

c: Type SFC / scannow
    and hit enter.

Do get back to us for any issues pertaining to Windows in the future. We will be happy to help.

Jessen P, Mar 11, 2016
Thema:

Taskbar App right-click menu dark

1. Taskbar App right-click menu dark - Similar Threads - Taskbar App right

2. Windows 10 Dark Mode right-click menu visibility issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Dark Mode right-click menu visibility issue: Hello, The other day I manually updated Windows for the first time ever, just on a whim. I typically let Windows do its thing and update automatically, but for some reason I checked for updates. According to cmd.exe I'm now on [Version 10.0.17763.379]. I'm having the same...
  3. right click menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    right click menu: when using the right click menu, how do i get a "confirm" option before deleting a file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-menu/5122906b-d095-4233-a785-1aadb877a634"
  4. Pinned folders not showing in taskbar right click menu

Pinned folders not showing in taskbar right click menu: I've tried to pin multiple folders that I frequently use to the file explorer icon on the taskbar, but it will only show a max of 4 pinned items. [ATTACH]...
  5. Classic Right Click Menu On Taskbar Items

in Windows 10 Support
    Classic Right Click Menu On Taskbar Items: Hello. I'd like to state that I'm aware that 7++ Taskbar Tweaker has that classic menu option when right clicking on a Taskbar tab (refer to picture), yet I'm sure there's a Registry tweak for that. Does anyone know where in the Registry that is located? [img] 121583
  6. Dark context menu when right clicking desktop, folders and icons.

Dark context menu when right clicking desktop, folders and icons.: When you right click anywhere on the taskbar, you get a sleek dark grey context menu with easy to read white text. I also like the animations and overall it's really crisp, Microsoft did a good job with that. My question is this: why didn't they extend this feature to the...
  7. Bluetooth + right click on taskbar?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth + right click on taskbar?: I got two problems: 1# I just connected a bluetooth device, I see it and paired it, but when I click it on it only tells me 'Remove device'. How do I get info (like encryption level, signal strength, etc, etc, etc?) 2# If I right click on an item in my taskbar I get this...
  8. Bluetooth + taskbar right click ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Bluetooth + taskbar right click ?: I got two problems: 1# I just connected a bluetooth device, I see it and paired it, but when I click it on it only tells me 'Remove device'. How do I get info (like encryption level, signal strength, etc, etc, etc?) 2# If I right click on an item in my taskbar I get this...
  9. Right Click Taskbar Menu

Right Click Taskbar Menu: Not sure if possible but can you add to this menu? 27413
  10. No Properties menu item when right clicking the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    No Properties menu item when right clicking the taskbar: I have a clean install of build 14332 No properties menu item when I right click the Taskbar. How can I get to the properties screen? [img] This is the menu I am trying to get to (image from the web not my PC) [img] 51030