Windows 10: Taskbar App right-click menu dark

Discus and support Taskbar App right-click menu dark in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, The right-click menu of for any program for me is dark but the problem is the menu item text is a shade greyer (grayer?*sarc) than black which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zargon05, Mar 11, 2016.

1. zargon05 Win User

Taskbar App right-click menu dark

Hi,

The right-click menu of for any program for me is dark but the problem is the menu item text is a shade greyer (grayer?*sarc) than black which makes it almost unreadable. This happens only for programs, the right click for start menu is ok. I am attaching a pic for reference. I should also mention that if I right-click on the menu items then for split second the text flickers white then goes back to black-ish. Any help is much appreciated

Taskbar App right-click menu dark [​IMG]

:)

zargon05, Mar 11, 2016
  2. suat.cini Win User

Why are right-click menu background colors different ?

Start button right-click menu background color: Black / Dark color

Taskbar right-click background color: Black / Dark color

Desktop right-click background color: White / Light color

Can we make all right-click menu background colors the same ? Black / Dark color, for example.

Below screenshot shows the three right-click menus together. The menus are shot at different times but put together for easy comparison.

Taskbar App right-click menu dark [​IMG]

suat.cini, Mar 11, 2016
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Taskbar application right-click dark

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community.

Which build is currently installed on the computer?

Please perform System File Checker scan if you are not in build 14279,
    and then check if it helps in getting the issue resolved.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave
    as expected.

Perform SFC(System file Checker) scan and see if it helps.

a: Press Windows key + X.

b: Select Command Prompt(Admin).

c: Type SFC / scannow
    and hit enter.

Do get back to us for any issues pertaining to Windows in the future. We will be happy to help.

Jessen P, Mar 11, 2016
Thema:

Taskbar App right-click menu dark

1. Taskbar App right-click menu dark - Similar Threads - Taskbar App right

2. Right-click menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right-click menu: I work with *.py Python files all day. These files are associated with Python for direct running, but to edit a .py file I right-click on a file to get to an editor, either VSCode , IDLE, or EditPlus. Unfortunately, I can't select any of these directly. Instead, I have to...
  3. For some apps, taskbar right-click menu does nothing

in Windows 10 Customization
    For some apps, taskbar right-click menu does nothing: I'm not sure when this issue appeared, but it's been happening for at least a month. I hoped it would just go away on its own, but it hasn't and I can't find anyone else online with exactly the same issue, so I guess I'll post here. The bug is this: when I right-click on...
  4. right click menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    right click menu: how do i remove something off the right click menu submitted by /u/kubunio10 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mopspb/right_click_menu/
  5. Right Click menu for taskbar broken

Right Click menu for taskbar broken: Hello dear All, After updating windows to 1909 from 1803 my right menu is brocken When I try to click the actions in the right click menu I always have this message for every program: [ATTACH] The same behavior in the start menu Many thanks, Iacob...
  6. Cant right click on taskbar apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant right click on taskbar apps: Hey, out of no where my windows 10 started having some issues, it wont let me right click on taskbar applications, it'll just show the list of recent projects opened for half a second then disappear and when i click the windows search bar it does the same thing. My windows...
  7. [Old Bug] Right-click app on taskbar the menu can't disappear

[Old Bug] Right-click app on taskbar the menu can't disappear: Sometimes, right-click app on taskbar the menu can't disappear. Many apps on taskbar have this bugPlease fix. [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-bug-right-click-app-on-taskbar-the-menu-cant/f0e3f681-1774-4019-87a2-4fff59d5ac55
  8. right click menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    right click menu: when using the right click menu, how do i get a "confirm" option before deleting a file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-menu/5122906b-d095-4233-a785-1aadb877a634"
  9. Classic Right Click Menu On Taskbar Items

in Windows 10 Support
    Classic Right Click Menu On Taskbar Items: Hello. I'd like to state that I'm aware that 7++ Taskbar Tweaker has that classic menu option when right clicking on a Taskbar tab (refer to picture), yet I'm sure there's a Registry tweak for that. Does anyone know where in the Registry that is located? [img] 121583
  10. Right Click Taskbar Menu

Right Click Taskbar Menu: Not sure if possible but can you add to this menu? 27413