Windows 10: Taskbar appearance

Discus and support Taskbar appearance in Cortana to solve the problem; How can I change the appearance of my windows browser in the taskbar? Right now I have a white box with a microphone, I've seen that some PCs have the... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by GregWilson96, May 27, 2019.

1. Taskbar appearance

How can I change the appearance of my windows browser in the taskbar? Right now I have a white box with a microphone, I've seen that some PCs have the Cortana symbol

:)

GregWilson96, May 27, 2019

2. Mail & Edge won't appear along taskbar & no icons are appearing for either.

Hi Ramon

I have run the SFC and a clean boot as you suggest but the problem persists.

Another little example of the problem is I opened the Calculator app for use recently, and upon minimising it the icon did not appear on the taskbar below and so Calculator became no longer retrievable from that point.

I have now managed to pin the Mail app to the taskbar, but this was only achieved by finding an old email and opening it through Mail which was set as the default program. Mail still does not appear in the programs list.

Any further suggestions?

chasunderpay, May 27, 2019
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, May 27, 2019
  4. Taskbar appearance

how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, May 27, 2019
Thema:

Taskbar appearance

1. Taskbar appearance - Similar Threads - Taskbar appearance

2. Output Devices do not appear in Sound Options on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Output Devices do not appear in Sound Options on Taskbar: after pressing on the Speaker Icon on the taskbar and "Select a sound output" this empty list appears.I set up Windows on a new drive some days ago, and i am not sure if the output devices ever were shown after the setup.They do show up in the settings....
  3. Output Devices do not appear in Sound Options on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Output Devices do not appear in Sound Options on Taskbar: after pressing on the Speaker Icon on the taskbar and "Select a sound output" this empty list appears.I set up Windows on a new drive some days ago, and i am not sure if the output devices ever were shown after the setup.They do show up in the settings....
  4. Why is my taskbar appearing late?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my taskbar appearing late?: Hey. When I bootup my laptop acer predator helios neo 16 and unlock it the task bar, is absent and appears a bit later. This is quite annoying and it did not happen previously. Please help me fix it.My specs;i9 13900hx16gb ddr5rtx4060 8gb...
  5. Why is my taskbar appearing late?

Why is my taskbar appearing late?: Hey. When I bootup my laptop acer predator helios neo 16 and unlock it the task bar, is absent and appears a bit later. This is quite annoying and it did not happen previously. Please help me fix it.My specs;i9 13900hx16gb ddr5rtx4060 8gb...
  6. Wi-Fi icon won't appear in taskbar, what do I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi icon won't appear in taskbar, what do I do?: I can't connect to Wi-Fi on my Windows 11 computer. The icon to turn on or off Wi-Fi and find networks isn't showing in the taskbar or the Internet settings....
  7. Wi-Fi icon won't appear in taskbar, what do I do?

Wi-Fi icon won't appear in taskbar, what do I do?: I can't connect to Wi-Fi on my Windows 11 computer. The icon to turn on or off Wi-Fi and find networks isn't showing in the taskbar or the Internet settings....
  8. White bar appeared on top of taskbar after bios update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White bar appeared on top of taskbar after bios update: Also seems to have added white outline to start menu and some windows when mouse isn't on them. The colors of the bars also don't seem right https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/white-bar-appeared-on-top-of-taskbar-after-bios/42b943b6-7bfa-4cf5-8e7b-88879ecadab7
  9. White bar appeared on top of taskbar after bios update

White bar appeared on top of taskbar after bios update: Also seems to have added white outline to start menu and some windows when mouse isn't on them. The colors of the bars also don't seem right https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/white-bar-appeared-on-top-of-taskbar-after-bios/42b943b6-7bfa-4cf5-8e7b-88879ecadab7
  10. How to make taskbar context menu appear near the selected button?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make taskbar context menu appear near the selected button?: When I right-click on a taskbar button, the context menu is offset and does not appear above the selected button where the mouse was right-clicked.Instead it opens centered above all the Taskbar buttons for the same app - this can be 1000s of pixels away if I have many...