Windows 10: Taskbar application options

Discus and support Taskbar application options in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Using Windows 10 I've always enjoyed using the taskbar for all of my applications rather than the desktop as it provides a clean surface for all my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/zg_photo, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Taskbar application options

Using Windows 10 I've always enjoyed using the taskbar for all of my applications rather than the desktop as it provides a clean surface for all my programs and I kind of have computer organization ocd. However, since all my programs are in the taskbar I can't access different file explorer options that you get when right clicking on the desktop and I can't open file location to quickly find the programs in file explorer. It's not a huge problem but I was wondering if there was some way to configure these options or if there's a third party alternative option that gives me the same settings. Thanks!

submitted by /u/zg_photo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/zg_photo, Jun 20, 2020

2. Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Screen Resolution and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows ’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type Settings
    • SelectSystem > Display > Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked
      "(Recommended)”.
    Also try locking and then unlocking the Taskbar and check if this helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click an empty space on the taskbar.
    • If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked.
    • If it does not have a check mark, click Lock the Taskbar.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Jun 20, 2020
  3. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Jun 20, 2020
  4. kreed66 Win User

Taskbar application options

windows 10 home missing pin to taskbar for installed applications

I added a third step to the first suggestion, which worked for me:

1. Choose start> All apps,

2. Scroll to the application you want to pin, right click and then click
    Pin to taskbar.

3. When the desired icon tile appears in the desktop box, left click on it and drag it into the task bar.

kreed66, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

Taskbar application options

1. Taskbar application options - Similar Threads - Taskbar application options

2. Language options in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Language options in the taskbar: Why does US keyboard language keep showing up for me in the taskbar even though it is not enabled in the settings see below? I have the same problem on both my windows 11 computers. If I can't remove it, how do I disable the win+spacebar so I don't switch to it by mistake?...
  3. Taskbar Search Options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Search Options: The search button in my taskbar has suddenly stopped searching the web in addition to the results from my computer. When I click on "more" or "search settings" there is no option to search the web anymore. Any ideas how to fix?...
  4. Taskbar Search Options

Taskbar Search Options: The search button in my taskbar has suddenly stopped searching the web in addition to the results from my computer. When I click on "more" or "search settings" there is no option to search the web anymore. Any ideas how to fix?...
  5. Application taskbar error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application taskbar error: Hello, I just wanted to ask how can I make my taskbar working again. I put all my application at the taskbar for easy access. However, today every application is not working including the start button. Please help I tried restarting same issue persist. Help please....
  6. Application taskbar error

Application taskbar error: Hello, I just wanted to ask how can I make my taskbar working again. I put all my application at the taskbar for easy access. However, today every application is not working including the start button. Please help I tried restarting same issue persist. Help please....
  7. Application taskbar error

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Remaining taskbar applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remaining taskbar applications: So I have uninstalled AnyDesk and TeamViewer, but these still appear on my taskbar corner overflow settings. How can I delete them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remaining-taskbar-applications/4dc57071-b8e6-4c28-b520-dac9c2f76986
  9. Remaining taskbar applications

Remaining taskbar applications: So I have uninstalled AnyDesk and TeamViewer, but these still appear on my taskbar corner overflow settings. How can I delete them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remaining-taskbar-applications/4dc57071-b8e6-4c28-b520-dac9c2f76986
  10. Applications to taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Applications to taskbar: How do I move a application that's on my taskbar to my desktop? For example, I have Netflix on my taskbar and i'd like to move it to my desktop. Thanks!...