Windows 10: Taskbar apps and full screen game interference

Discus and support Taskbar apps and full screen game interference in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When playing Full Screen games if I click down at the bottom of the screen where my task bar would be positioned it ignores my game and clicks on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JK4BIDN, Sep 12, 2020.

1. JK4BIDN Win User

Taskbar apps and full screen game interference

When playing Full Screen games if I click down at the bottom of the screen where my task bar would be positioned it ignores my game and clicks on the icon on the task bar even though the taskbar is NOT visible on the screen.

:)

JK4BIDN, Sep 12, 2020
  2. Sher Amo Win User

Taskbar disappears behind games

Hi,

A recent change in the configuration of your device can be one of the factors why this issue occurs.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps
    that can resolve your concern, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Which Windows build version are you using? To check, type
      winver in the Search box, select the resulting command and send us a screenshot of the information window.
    • Have you tried running other games? If yes, are you experiencing the same issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

In addition, when running a game in full-screen mode the taskbar is normally hidden. For case isolation, try to run the game in windows-mode. This mode allows you to run the game in a smaller window which allows you to have your taskbar visible. To
    do this, we suggest that you check the game support site for any information on how to configure the game using this option.

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Sep 12, 2020
  3. Taskbar above windowed games - Windows 10

Hello,

I realize your concern, please an answer few query to assist you further.

1. Is this issue specific to a particular game or for all games?

For your information, usually the taskbar appears when you move the cursor. If it is appearing continuously, then it might be conflict with the software. Restarting the Computer might fix the issue.

I suggest you to double mouse click on the game window when the Taskbar appears and check if it works.

Also, suggest you to select the Lock the taskbar option from the taskbar from the below steps:

1. Right click on taskbar.
    2. From the list of option, click on Lock the taskbar option.
    3. Restart the computer.

Do let us know the update.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Sep 12, 2020
  4. Taskbar apps and full screen game interference

Problem with Windows 10 taskbar and Full Screen games

Hello Richard,

Thank you for responding in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to check the resolution of the game as well as the resolution with in the computer and see if you are able to play the games in full screen.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the below link to troubleshoot the issues related to DirectX graphics and gaming on Windows 10.

DirectX Graphics and Gaming

Also,

Troubleshoot games

You can install Windows 8/8.1 drivers in compatibility mode from Manufacturer's website, if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the driver installation file and select Properties then tap or click the
      Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the driver and check.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

Taskbar apps and full screen game interference

1. Taskbar apps and full screen game interference - Similar Threads - Taskbar apps full

2. Taskbar Flickering in Full screen Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Flickering in Full screen Games: Hi,My taskbar has been flickering in full screen games and sometimes just file explorer. Any help would be great. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-flickering-in-full-screen-games/9a7a053d-f84a-4eb4-9f58-07819c8cdbce
  3. Taskbar Flickering in Full screen Games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Flickering in Full screen Games: Hi,My taskbar has been flickering in full screen games and sometimes just file explorer. Any help would be great. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-flickering-in-full-screen-games/9a7a053d-f84a-4eb4-9f58-07819c8cdbce
  4. taskbar not showing when apps are in full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar not showing when apps are in full screen: yes the taskbar is in hidden mode and i want to keep it that way, on my older system when any app was open the taskbar showed but it doesnt now when i go back to the dextop screen i can see the taskbar when i hover over it i tried restarting the windows explorer didnt fix it...
  5. taskbar not showing when apps are in full screen

taskbar not showing when apps are in full screen: yes the taskbar is in hidden mode and i want to keep it that way, on my older system when any app was open the taskbar showed but it doesnt now when i go back to the dextop screen i can see the taskbar when i hover over it i tried restarting the windows explorer didnt fix it...
  6. taskbar not showing when apps are in full screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Taskbar and Full Screen Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar and Full Screen Apps: Hello! I'm having a problem that hasn't happened before yesterday. When opening apps from my taskbar things like Spotify, Discord and Chrome work perfectly fine but if I try to open a game that usually opens in full screen like Osu! then the taskbar and when I press alt+tab...
  8. Taskbar and Full Screen Apps

Taskbar and Full Screen Apps: Hello! I'm having a problem that hasn't happened before yesterday. When opening apps from my taskbar things like Spotify, Discord and Chrome work perfectly fine but if I try to open a game that usually opens in full screen like Osu! then the taskbar and when I press alt+tab...
  9. Taskbar interrupts full screen games/videos

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar interrupts full screen games/videos: Hey everyone, i was wondering if someone could help me. My taskbar keeps popping up when i try to do something full screen for example i play fifa and it forces the game to go on pause suddenly and taskbar comes visible on screen same happens with videos from hbo, netflix...
  10. taskbar locking in front of full screen game

in Windows 10 Customization
    taskbar locking in front of full screen game: hi, this issue seems to keep happening... I have my taskbar settings set to: lock the taskbar off automatically hide in desktop/tablet on however while I am playing a full screen game, if I use the alt + tab function to quickly check something when I return to the...