Windows 10: Taskbar apps not working

Discus and support Taskbar apps not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So i've been having this massive problem lately and i have found no resolve. Almost nothing on my task bar will work. The windows button, the search... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Torrin Egli, Oct 1, 2022.

1. Taskbar apps not working

So i've been having this massive problem lately and i have found no resolve. Almost nothing on my task bar will work. The windows button, the search menu, the wifi app, the sound app, settings, the battery app, and even my notification. If anybody has any information that could help me please tell me.

:)

Torrin Egli, Oct 1, 2022

2. Windows 10 Taskbar is not working and "fixes" don't fix it.

Hi Carole,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing Taskbar on Windows 10. We will help you with resolving the issue.

Provide us the additional information to understand the issue and assist you better:

• What exactly happens when you press Alt+Tab keys from the keyboard to switch between the apps?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?

As you said Taskbar is not working, and you will minimize all the opened apps to access the one you wish to from Taskbar. Be clear with how exactly you are trying to accessing the apps from Taskbar.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if you have enabled the Auto-hide option for Taskbar, if so try to disable and check if it helps.

Steps to enable auto-hide Taskbar:

• Right click in the empty space on the Taskbar, click on
      Properties,
    • Under Taskbar tab, uncheck the Auto-hide the Taskbar option, click on
      Apply and Ok.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and brief description for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 1, 2022
  3. dalchina Win User
    Taskbar not working

Hello, there are so many threads on this topic, which can readily be found using the white search box at the top.

Here are a few I've found for you. I suggest you work through these, and if no success, please list everything you've tried and post back. Good luck!

Solved Start Button and taskbar not working - Page 4 - Windows 10 Forums
    Taskbar/Start button not working! - Page 15 - Windows 10 Forums
    Start button right clicking on taskbar icons suddenly does not work - Windows 10 Forums

dalchina, Oct 1, 2022
  4. Taskbar apps not working

PEOPLE app is disappeared from the Taskbar and how to get it back on the Taskbar?

Hi Dale,

Thank you for being part of the Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I suggest you to Repin the People app to the Taskbar and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type People in the search bar.
    • Right click on the People and select Pin to Taskbar option.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Oct 1, 2022
Thema:

Taskbar apps not working

1. Taskbar apps not working - Similar Threads - Taskbar apps working

2. Taskbar apps not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar apps not working: So i've been having this massive problem lately and i have found no resolve. Almost nothing on my task bar will work. The windows button, the search menu, the wifi app, the sound app, settings, the battery app, and even my notification. If anybody has any information that...
  3. Taskbar apps not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar apps not working: So i've been having this massive problem lately and i have found no resolve. Almost nothing on my task bar will work. The windows button, the search menu, the wifi app, the sound app, settings, the battery app, and even my notification. If anybody has any information that...
  4. Apps not responding and working at my taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps not responding and working at my taskbar: Hi,I always manage to use my taskbar to access all apps that I need for everyday. However at this time, my apps are not working on the task bar, I tried all of them and nothing works. Help please....
  5. Apps not responding and working at my taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps not responding and working at my taskbar: Hi,I always manage to use my taskbar to access all apps that I need for everyday. However at this time, my apps are not working on the task bar, I tried all of them and nothing works. Help please....
  6. Apps not responding and working at my taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Pinned apps on the taskbar does not work.

Pinned apps on the taskbar does not work.: Just bought a new laptop acer aspire 5. when i click on the pinned app it shows a message that state "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Apps...
  8. Start Menu, Taskbar and Apps not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Menu, Taskbar and Apps not working: I have recently built a PC for gaming and it has been working for a month perfectly fine, but about a week ago, I have started to get the error critical_process_died frequently, and a few days ago, the taskbar stop showing apps and the start menu stopped working, it also...
  9. No apps on Taskbar working except pinned apps

No apps on Taskbar working except pinned apps: I am using a Windows 10 Enterprise with a digitally activated windows. I recently installed Autodesk Autocad 2021 and until it ran, everything was fine. I uninstalled it due to some reasons but why? My taskbar stopped responding. Start menu i tried to open a thousand...
  10. working with pinned apps in the taskbar

working with pinned apps in the taskbar: hello everyone, i want to discuss the behaviour of pinned applications in the taskbar in win 10 if the things i state are false please feel free to educate me, i will appreciate it. the current state in windows 10 is as follows; if you pin an app to the taskbar the...