Windows 10: Taskbar arranging open windows not default

Discus and support Taskbar arranging open windows not default in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I really need to be able to arrange my open all my file icons by project and not by programs. I need to have for Project A - Excel Word Putty... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Cherlyn Reive, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Taskbar arranging open windows not default

I really need to be able to arrange my open all my file icons by project and not by programs. I need to have for Project A - Excel Word Putty side by side and then Project B - Explorer Word Putty UltraCompare side by side and so on NOT by program all excel side by side, all putty side by side. Windows 10's default is VERY inefficient for what I need. HELP me please!!!!

:)

Cherlyn Reive, Mar 31, 2021

2. Is there is any setting to re-arrange taskbar?

Hi Jaikishan,

Please be informed, there is no such setting in Windows 10 to "re-arrange taskbar". This is how it is designed by default.

I suggest you to post your feedback in Windows 10 feedback app.

In future, if you have any issues related to Windows 10, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Mar 31, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 31, 2021
  4. kormath Win User

Taskbar arranging open windows not default

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Taskbar arranging open windows not default :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

Taskbar arranging open windows not default

1. Taskbar arranging open windows not default - Similar Threads - Taskbar arranging open

2. How to stop windows being re-arranged in the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop windows being re-arranged in the taskbar?: I've had an issue on Windows 10 for some time now and it's creating a lot of frustration.I use two explorer windows which are on the left and right of the screen -- I open the one I want on the left first so it appears on the taskbar first, and then the right one second. This...
  3. How to stop windows being re-arranged in the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop windows being re-arranged in the taskbar?: I've had an issue on Windows 10 for some time now and it's creating a lot of frustration.I use two explorer windows which are on the left and right of the screen -- I open the one I want on the left first so it appears on the taskbar first, and then the right one second. This...
  4. How to stop windows being re-arranged in the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Need taskbar icons arranged as follows...

in Windows 10 Support
    Need taskbar icons arranged as follows...: Windows 10 Home v2004 build 19041.1867 I would like to have my taskbar icons arranged in groups (like those on the taskbar's right, but not like those on the left half) as shown in this desktop picture: [img] The way the icons are on the right, are just the way I want my...
  6. Windows default taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows default taskbar icons: Is there a way to change the icon or color of the windows start button on taskbar? same with search too. I’ve changed chrome, steam, discord , etc to red but I can’t find a way to change those icons. Thank you in advance! submitted by /u/Aymiry [link] [comments]...
  7. Turning on taskbar setting 'Automatically hide the taskbar...' completely re-arranges...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turning on taskbar setting 'Automatically hide the taskbar...' completely re-arranges...: Is this normal? submitted by /u/fishbulbx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hh073e/turning_on_taskbar_setting_automatically_hide_the/
  8. How to arrange multiple open windows of a software vertically

How to arrange multiple open windows of a software vertically: Dear Community, Take Google Chrome as an example. I often have many Google Chrome tabs simultaneously open. They are often arranged in multiple Google Chrome windows as per their own connection. When their are "only a few" Google Chrome windowsm they will be horizontally...
  9. How to arrange multiple open windows of an software VERTICALLY

How to arrange multiple open windows of an software VERTICALLY: Dear Community, Take Google Chrome as an example. I often have many Google Chrome tabs simultaneously open. They are often arranged in multiple Google Chrome windows as per their own connection. When their are "only a few" Google Chrome windowsm they will be...
  10. Pinned folders in taskbar opens CMD in default?

in Windows 10 Support
    Pinned folders in taskbar opens CMD in default?: When I left click the folders in taskbar, for example, "Downloads" from the Library then the CMD shows up for half a second and disappears, it's fine when I double click the folders from the Windows Explorer window itself, but not in taskbar. Any ideas? 109404