Windows 10: Taskbar Audio sliders are movable but do not change Volume - Windows 11

Discus and support Taskbar Audio sliders are movable but do not change Volume - Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The taskbar audio sliders on my HP Laptop are not working properly anymore. When I change the volume slider on the taskbar from 1% to 100% it keeps the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by w.j.j., Aug 19, 2022.

1. w.j.j. Win User

Taskbar Audio sliders are movable but do not change Volume - Windows 11

The taskbar audio sliders on my HP Laptop are not working properly anymore. When I change the volume slider on the taskbar from 1% to 100% it keeps the same loud volume. There is no difference in volume at all. 0% is working and I can mute the sound. I have to use the the in-application volume control for Youtube, Netflix, Spotify,…. Any help?

:)

w.j.j., Aug 19, 2022

2. Windows 11 - Help with Sound in Taskbar Changing Volume Itself Automatically

I have the exact same problem. Whenever I adjust the volume to any of the levels below, the taskbar volume slider automatically notches down 1%, while the audio settings panel shows the correct volume.

3 (changes to 2)

11 (changes to 10)

16 (changes to 15)

19 (changes to 18)

25 (changes to 24)

26 (changes to 25)

30 (changes to 29)

53 (changes to 52)

59 (changes to 58)

GavinStewart3, Aug 19, 2022
  3. Random loss of volume slider in taskbar. Reboot will repair function, but will eventually lose focus again

Audio Slider intermittent. Checked drivers for touchpad (updated, rebooted) and audio. A reboot will restore the volume slider function in taskbar, but some event (browser opening, video in browser) or other program is eventually causing the slider for taskbar volume to disappear, not funtion. Keyboard Controls OK. Windows 10 21H1.

swimshark53, Aug 19, 2022
  4. Darciukas Win User

Windows 10 volume slider not changing volume on YouTube videos and Spotify

I've had this weird issue for some time now that the windows 10 audio slider won't change the loudness of a video. That means when I click on the volume up or down button the slider says that the audio changed, but I hear no difference. It even plays when
    the slider says that the audio is muted.

Darciukas, Aug 19, 2022
Thema:

1. Taskbar Audio sliders are movable but do not change Volume - Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Taskbar Audio sliders

2. Windows 11 audio volume slider ignore default audio device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 audio volume slider ignore default audio device: Hi,I am using Windows 11 with 2 audio sources, switching between the two daily Speakers and Headphones. Today I noticed that I can't change the volume of anything that is not my speakers via the volume control.To be precise I can't control my headphone's volume using the...
  3. Windows 11 audio volume slider ignore default audio device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 audio volume slider ignore default audio device: Hi,I am using Windows 11 with 2 audio sources, switching between the two daily Speakers and Headphones. Today I noticed that I can't change the volume of anything that is not my speakers via the volume control.To be precise I can't control my headphone's volume using the...
  4. Taskbar Audio sliders are movable but do not change Volume - Windows 11

Taskbar Audio sliders are movable but do not change Volume - Windows 11: The taskbar audio sliders on my HP Laptop are not working properly anymore. When I change the volume slider on the taskbar from 1% to 100% it keeps the same loud volume. There is no difference in volume at all. 0% is working and I can mute the sound. I have to use the the...
  5. Sound becomes muted while changing volume with slider in taskbar

Sound becomes muted while changing volume with slider in taskbar: I had this strange issue and looked it up - apparently others have had this issue as well.What I found was that it was somehow related to a Windows Alarm that I had set and not dismissed - but the alarm window was no longer being displayedi turned off Windows Alarms and the...
  6. Sound becomes muted while changing volume with slider in taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound becomes muted while changing volume with slider in taskbar: I had this strange issue and looked it up - apparently others have had this issue as well.What I found was that it was somehow related to a Windows Alarm that I had set and not dismissed - but the alarm window was no longer being displayedi turned off Windows Alarms and the...
  7. No sound feedback when changing volume with taskbar volume slider

No sound feedback when changing volume with taskbar volume slider: No sound feedback when changing volume with volume slider but i can hear the sound feedback when i change the volume from inside sound settings in windows settings , every thing is working fine regarding my sound drivers and settings , i have only this issue...
  8. Volume Slider Changes Colors

Volume Slider Changes Colors: The color of the volume slider in my Win10 machine randomly changes colors. While this is not particularly significant, I find it slightly annoying. I've looked in a few places to determine how to change this behavior, but without success. If anyone has an idea, please let...
  9. Volume slider in taskbar

Volume slider in taskbar: I'm looking for a way to add a volume slider in the taskbar, not the system tray does anyone know how to do this? All my searches talk about missing Icon in the system tray, I wish to have it always open in the taskbar....
  10. Windows 10 Audio Slider Does Not Change Volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Audio Slider Does Not Change Volume: Hello, I just recently updated the firmware on my HyperX Flight wireless headset and at the very end of the process, I received an "An error occurred" message but it showed that the firmware was updated. I was able to get my headset working fine but the issue I am...