Windows 10: Taskbar Auto hide option on a custom Start Menu XML File + Hide Clock, Hide Search and Hide...

Discus and support Taskbar Auto hide option on a custom Start Menu XML File + Hide Clock, Hide Search and Hide... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I'm Creating a Standard windows Desktop for the computers in my company, so I want to Import a custom Start Menu, and Taskbar along with some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FredBastos, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Taskbar Auto hide option on a custom Start Menu XML File + Hide Clock, Hide Search and Hide...

Hello,

I'm Creating a Standard windows Desktop for the computers in my company, so I want to Import a custom Start Menu, and Taskbar along with some group policies.

So it's rather easy to deploy a Custom Start Menu and Taskbar, I'm Looking for a rather Clean one, here's my code so Far for the XML File

Code Block:

<LayoutModificationTemplate xmlns:defaultlayout="http://schemas.microsoft.com/Start/2014/FullDefaultLayout" xmlns:start="http://schemas.microsoft.com/Start/2014/StartLayout" Version="1" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/Start/2014/LayoutModification" xmlns:taskbar="http://schemas.microsoft.com/Start/2014/TaskbarLayout">

<LayoutOptions StartTileGroupCellWidth="6" />

<DefaultLayoutOverride>

<StartLayoutCollection>

<defaultlayout:StartLayout GroupCellWidth="6" />

</StartLayoutCollection>

</DefaultLayoutOverride>

<CustomTaskbarLayoutCollection PinListPlacement="Replace">

<defaultlayout:TaskbarLayout>

<taskbar:TaskbarPinList>

</taskbar:TaskbarPinList>

</defaultlayout:TaskbarLayout>

</CustomTaskbarLayoutCollection>

</LayoutModificationTemplate>

What I'm missing is a way to turn the Task bar Auto hide on, is there a XML command that will allow me to do this?

I'm also looking for a way to disable the Clock, Search bar and Taskview Button.

I know that I can click all those off but I would prefer to make it trough a script, default XML Start Menu File or Group Policiy because those are easy to deploy

I know that there's group policy to hide the Clock

and one can disable the Search box & Taskview button with the following registry keys, changed in Powershell:

New-ItemProperty -Path "HKCU:\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search" -Name "SearchboxTaskbarMode" -Value "0" -PropertyType DWORD -Force

New-ItemProperty -Path "HKCU:\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced" -Name "ShowTaskViewButton" -Value "0" -PropertyType DWORD -Force

And Theoretically I can set the Autohide with:

&{$p="HKU:\[$sid]\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StuckRects3";$v=Get-ItemProperty -LiteralPath $p.Settings;$v[8]=2;&Set-ItemProperty -LiteralPath $p -Name Settings -Value $v;&Stop-Process -f -ProcessName explorer}

But this is not 100% Reliable since I'm trying to change these settings for just one user.

Is there a way to do it trough an custom XML?

Thx in Advance

:)

FredBastos, Jun 22, 2020

2. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Jun 22, 2020
  3. Ramon Imp Win User
    Auto Hide Taskbar Not hiding Windows 10

Hi Peter,

It looks like you're having problems with the auto-hide feature of your taskbar. For us to effectively assist you with your concern, we would like to know the following:

• When did you start experiencing the problem?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried to turn on and off the auto-hide feature, and see if it helps?
    • Have you tried turning on the auto-hide function without any apps opened on the taskbar?

Also, make sure that there are notifications from apps whether on the taskbar or on the system tray that requires your attention, and need to be checked. This is also one of the reasons why the taskbar doesn't automatically hide.

Regards.

Ramon Imp, Jun 22, 2020
  4. Taskbar Auto hide option on a custom Start Menu XML File + Hide Clock, Hide Search and Hide...

Auto hide taskbar not working

Hi Susan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about auto-hiding Taskbar on Windows 10.

This issue might have occurred due to Taskbar settings, try the below and check if it helps.

Steps to enable auto-hide Taskbar:

• Right click in the empty space on the Taskbar, click on
      Properties
    • Under Taskbar tab, check mark the Auto-hide the Taskbar option, click on
      Apply and Ok.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

Taskbar Auto hide option on a custom Start Menu XML File + Hide Clock, Hide Search and Hide...

1. Taskbar Auto hide option on a custom Start Menu XML File + Hide Clock, Hide Search and Hide... - Similar Threads - Taskbar Auto hide

2. Auto-Hide Taskbar Bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto-Hide Taskbar Bug: PC Specs:Windows 11 fully up-to-dateZ690 Gigabyte Aorus Pro DDR512700K32GB 5200 MT/s RAM1TB Samsung 970 Evo PlusGTX 1080EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 GT, 80 Plus Gold 1000W Monitors:ASUS 1080p 75 HzSamsung 1440p 27" Odyssey G7 WQHD 240Hz Hi, So I have an issue in which to fix it I need...
  3. Auto-hide taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto-hide taskbar: O/S 10.0.18363.836 Device HP laptop 17" May 2020 not touch screen In Tablet mode taskbar won't auto-hide, even though I have set it to do so in 'settings', also set for auto-hide for desktop, which it does do, but not in Tablet mode. Have restarted, but still won't work,...
  4. Taskbar won't auto hide

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar won't auto hide: I try'd Taskbar settings, and I try'd to reset windows explorer both did not work. submitted by /u/lostFate95 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/enym5v/taskbar_wont_auto_hide/
  5. Taskbar auto-hide fail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar auto-hide fail: Very often or so it happens that the auto-hide feature of taskbar stops working, and that too, happens only partially. Which means that the taskbar does not go back in after the cursor is moved away from it nor does the windows get smaller to compensate for the extra space...
  6. "Hide Taskbar" option not hiding taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    "Hide Taskbar" option not hiding taskbar: Hi, I'm using Build TH1 10240 with all updates (just checked before I posted this to be sure) dual booting W7 and W10 with no known problems other than the taskbar issue. The taskbar hides and appears fine when nothing is up but the desktop, or the settings window and...
  7. Taskbar refuses to auto-hide

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar refuses to auto-hide: Under "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties" I have checked the box labeled "Auto-hide the taskbar", but it doesn't hide itself nor can I move it down using the arrows. What can I do to fix this problem. There was another thread about this problem but it was last commented on...
  8. Auto-Hide doesn't hide taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto-Hide doesn't hide taskbar: I have Windows10 with dual monitors. When I start Windows the taskbar on Monitor 2 is visible and won't move. If I turn Cortana on and off it resumes auto-hiding but I have to do this every time I start Windows 10. Any ideas? 41351
  9. Auto hide taskbar problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto hide taskbar problems: My taskbar (desktop mode) would not hide. I created a virtual desktop (Windows key + Ctrl +d) just to see what that is. Now auto hide works in both desktops*Smile 28317
  10. Taskbar refuses to auto-hide

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar refuses to auto-hide: I did some poking around, and this thread comes close, but nothing listed there had any affect at all. When I am running an app in a full-screen windowed, I can sometimes make it hide by Alt-tabbing to the program. (Even though the program was already in focus.) Pretty...