Windows 10: Taskbar autohide unchecks itself while I am away from computer

Discus and support Taskbar autohide unchecks itself while I am away from computer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there anyway through events or some other log to see what would be unchecking autohide taskbar. At least last 2 nights, with no new software... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wjbodin3, Sep 7, 2015.

1. wjbodin3 Win User

Taskbar autohide unchecks itself while I am away from computer

Is there anyway through events or some other log to see what would be unchecking autohide taskbar.

At least last 2 nights, with no new software installed but who knows what updates in background, when I get on computer the taskbar is locked to show. I go into the preferences and see that the checkbox for hiding has been unchecked. During this time no one has touched my computer as I always have it running I can confirm this today as I was the only one home most of the day and when I was not no one even went into the room the computer is in.

:)

wjbodin3, Sep 7, 2015

2. TaskBar Malfunctioning (AutoHide as well as Task Bar Menu deficiencies)

My Windows 10 Taskbar does not consistently autohide. It will autohide for a while and then stops. Also, the taskbar will not hide behind programs like MS Word when I am typing. I need to see the bottom of the screen and the taskbar blocks my view. When
    I go into the Taskbar Properties and Start Menu to again autohide the taskbar, none of the changes I click (like move taskbar) will work, and it still shows the autohide taskbar box with a checkmark. The only solution is to re-boot until the next time the
    malfunction occurs.

Please help.

Jeremy

Rockyshores2, Sep 7, 2015
  3. How can I enable Auto-Hide feature in Windows 10?

U have this same issue and I cannot figure out how to fix it. I have already unchecked, rechecked, the autohide feature and rebooted until i am blue in the face. It is extremely annoying,. I am also missing the clock from the lower right hand corner and cannot
    figure out how to get it started. HELP.

MannyCastaneda, Sep 7, 2015
Thema:

Taskbar autohide unchecks itself while I am away from computer

1. Taskbar autohide unchecks itself while I am away from computer - Similar Threads - Taskbar autohide unchecks

2. OneDrive removes itself from Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive removes itself from Taskbar: Split from this thread. While method 3 worked for me, I need to run these steps everytime I startup my laptop. Any tips on how do I avoid that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-removes-itself-from-taskbar/8945b5e1-801b-4381-a91b-42cc00c0e56a
  3. Stop taskbar from not autohiding when receiving notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop taskbar from not autohiding when receiving notifications: Hi, I am wondering if there is any way of stopping the Taskbar from not auto-hiding when one of my active programs, e.g. Skype, sends a notifcation. Answers I've seen on the forums are something like "To resolve your concern, we suggest that you click the little arrow at the...
  4. BSOD when away from computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when away from computer: Hey all, I am getting random crashes caused by ntoskrnl.exe when I am away from my computer. Not everytime I am away either. Haven't found another thread with the address I'm getting, so any help would be appreciated. PS in the logs there is another crash for...
  5. Taskbar Autohide issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Autohide issues: So.. Ive made sure that auto hide is checked .. and looked through some of the other common things named in alot of forums.. but simply turning auto hide off isnt an option for me cus i run my task bar on the left edge of my screen rather than the bottom. plz help.. its...
  6. Changing the trigger distance for autohide taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing the trigger distance for autohide taskbar: Is it possible at all to change this? I have my taskbars on the inside edges of my two monitors, but when I try and bring up the taskbar it requires me to almost have the mouse on the other screen before it will unhide. 8120
  7. Autohide taskbar after X seconds

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Autohide taskbar after X seconds: Hello, Just wanted to know whether it was possible to auto hide the Win10 taskbar after X number of seconds or minutes? Does anyone know how to do this? Cheers! 78321
  8. How do I stop autohide taskbar from being autoticked in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I stop autohide taskbar from being autoticked in Windows 10?: I untick this autohide option, and every time my desktop boots up, it autoticks this option so I can't see my taskbar, until I untick this again from Settings *Sad 70629
  9. Remove line when autohide taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove line when autohide taskbar?: I have my taskbar on autohide, but when it is hidden, I can still see a small line of the taskbar. Can I make the taskbar hide itself completely? Also, the taskbar pops up when I move my mouse near. Can I disable that as well (so that taskbar pops up only when I press the...
  10. Taskbar autohide not working whilst watching movies.

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar autohide not working whilst watching movies.: After upgrading from Windows 7 Professional 7 SP1 (64) to Windows 10 the taskbar auto hide not working whilst watching movies. It used to work in Windows 7 Professional 7 SP1 (64). Please Help !! Regards 13751