Windows 10: Taskbar autohide unchecks itself while I am away from computer

Discus and support Taskbar autohide unchecks itself while I am away from computer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there anyway through events or some other log to see what would be unchecking autohide taskbar. At least last 2 nights, with no new software... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wjbodin3, Sep 7, 2015.

1. wjbodin3 Win User

Taskbar autohide unchecks itself while I am away from computer

Is there anyway through events or some other log to see what would be unchecking autohide taskbar.

At least last 2 nights, with no new software installed but who knows what updates in background, when I get on computer the taskbar is locked to show. I go into the preferences and see that the checkbox for hiding has been unchecked. During this time no one has touched my computer as I always have it running I can confirm this today as I was the only one home most of the day and when I was not no one even went into the room the computer is in.

:)

wjbodin3, Sep 7, 2015

2. TaskBar Malfunctioning (AutoHide as well as Task Bar Menu deficiencies)

My Windows 10 Taskbar does not consistently autohide. It will autohide for a while and then stops. Also, the taskbar will not hide behind programs like MS Word when I am typing. I need to see the bottom of the screen and the taskbar blocks my view. When
    I go into the Taskbar Properties and Start Menu to again autohide the taskbar, none of the changes I click (like move taskbar) will work, and it still shows the autohide taskbar box with a checkmark. The only solution is to re-boot until the next time the
    malfunction occurs.

Please help.

Jeremy

Rockyshores2, Sep 7, 2015
  3. How can I enable Auto-Hide feature in Windows 10?

U have this same issue and I cannot figure out how to fix it. I have already unchecked, rechecked, the autohide feature and rebooted until i am blue in the face. It is extremely annoying,. I am also missing the clock from the lower right hand corner and cannot
    figure out how to get it started. HELP.

MannyCastaneda, Sep 7, 2015
Thema:

Taskbar autohide unchecks itself while I am away from computer

1. Taskbar autohide unchecks itself while I am away from computer - Similar Threads - Taskbar autohide unchecks

2. Taskbar Autohide Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Autohide Issue: I have set the Taskbar to auto-hide, but it refuses to do so. I have checked my windows update and everything is up to date. Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thank you....
  3. Outlook will re-prompt for Authenticator approval while I am away from my computer. Why?...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Outlook will re-prompt for Authenticator approval while I am away from my computer. Why?...: My company has a policy to time out logins after 14 days. At that time, I will have to re-enter credentials or re-approve through Authenticator. While that sounds reasonable, I find that when the timeout happens and my outlook is open on my computer, it will immediately...
  4. How to enable taskbar while having autohide taskbar on in desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to enable taskbar while having autohide taskbar on in desktop: I'm using a tablet so it's easier to keep the toolbar on the right, i have a transparent toolbar, but it's really hard to use when it becomes hidden and disabling autohide eats too much of the screen, how do i keep the toolbar on with auto hide option enabled ? submitted by...
  5. Taskbar autohide but not always :)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar autohide but not always :): Can I somehow modify this option so taskbar is hiding only when there is window above it? For example it wouldnt hide when no programs are open. I dont think there is option for this, auto hide is hiding it always... submitted by /u/itsdjoki [link] [comments]...
  6. Autohide for taskbar stop working

Autohide for taskbar stop working: Hello -- I have my taskbar set to autohide -- it seems more so lately that it freezes in "visible" position and its always "on top" so can't get to windows under it --- it seems the only way to un-freeze it is to restart explorer.exe --- is this a bug?...
  7. taskbar not autohiding, and invades fullscreen games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    taskbar not autohiding, and invades fullscreen games: I got help from support fixing a display problem just the other day. They had me reinstall updates that didn't update properly, and fix a few drivers. About half an hour later, my device updated again, and since then my taskbar has been frustrating me. It refuses to...
  8. Why no taskbar autohide?

Why no taskbar autohide?: My machine was updated to 1903 the other day and now my taskbar won't auto-hide (yes I've checked the settings). This is especially annoying because I work on a relatively small screen and the task bar is covering the bottom of the program windows. What's the secret to...
  9. Stop taskbar from not autohiding when receiving notifications

Stop taskbar from not autohiding when receiving notifications: Hi, I am wondering if there is any way of stopping the Taskbar from not auto-hiding when one of my active programs, e.g. Skype, sends a notifcation. Answers I've seen on the forums are something like "To resolve your concern, we suggest that you click the little arrow at the...
  10. Taskbar Autohide issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Autohide issues: So.. Ive made sure that auto hide is checked .. and looked through some of the other common things named in alot of forums.. but simply turning auto hide off isnt an option for me cus i run my task bar on the left edge of my screen rather than the bottom. plz help.. its...