Windows 10: Taskbar automatically pops up while playing games

Discus and support Taskbar automatically pops up while playing games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Bought GEars 4 started to play. Everything suits, but the game often turns out that the top / bottom panel crawls out, which leads to inconvenience, as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Tlakktok, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Tlakktok Win User

Taskbar automatically pops up while playing games

Bought GEars 4 started to play. Everything suits, but the game often turns out that the top / bottom panel crawls out, which leads to inconvenience, as well as a spontaneous pause in the game every 30 seconds …

It is clear that the work of WIN10 applications works this way, but what, on a mouse, is it now impossible to play at all ??? I have a XONE gamepad, but I don’t know how to use it in shooters, and I don’t want to be able to do it, so I play the mouse + keyboard. Fullscreen is enabled in the game settings.
    How to deal with this problem?
    VIDEO:
    https://vk.com/video136338503_456239095
    SCREENS:
    https://filestore.community.support...51858-384f-41d4-93be-12bad5aaf0ad?upload=true
    https://filestore.community.support.microsoft.com/api/images/76bb5c09-3dd6-418c-a6ab-8c01ac5ae5f1?upload=true 1

***Modified title from: Help! How to get rid of annoying panels in WIN10 applications when you hover the mouse to the top / bottom of the screen***

:)

Tlakktok, Jun 14, 2019

2. Taskbar above windowed games - Windows 10

Hello,

I realize your concern, please an answer few query to assist you further.

1. Is this issue specific to a particular game or for all games?

For your information, usually the taskbar appears when you move the cursor. If it is appearing continuously, then it might be conflict with the software. Restarting the Computer might fix the issue.

I suggest you to double mouse click on the game window when the Taskbar appears and check if it works.

Also, suggest you to select the Lock the taskbar option from the taskbar from the below steps:

1. Right click on taskbar.
    2. From the list of option, click on Lock the taskbar option.
    3. Restart the computer.

Do let us know the update.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Jun 14, 2019
  3. Search and taskbar keeps popping up

Hi Sazmo,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Are you referring to taskbar preview window pop-ups?

If yes, there is no option to disable the taskbar window pop-ups when you hover the mouse, this is by design.

However you may Auto-hide taskbar by following the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the taskbar and select properties.

• In the Taskbar tab, Place a tick mark for Auto-hide the taskbar.
    You may provide your suggestions in the feedback app.

It will be directly referred by our developer’s team for further improvement.

Follow the steps:

• Go to Start, enter the phrase Windows Feedback, and then select Windows Feedback.
    • See if someone else has given similar feedback by entering the topic, such as Microsoft Music.
    • If you find similar feedback, select it, add any details, and then select Me too.
    • To narrow your search to a specific category, pick the category that most closely matches your feedback (so it gets to the right people quickly). For example, for feedback about the Music app, select Apps > Music.
    • If you don’t find any similar feedback, select New Feedback, and choose a topic from Select a category and then select a subcategory.
    • Enter your feedback (the more details the better!), add a screenshot if you can, and you're done.

Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance.

Joy Kemprai, Jun 14, 2019
  4. Taskbar automatically pops up while playing games

Windows taskbar Bug?

Hi Pedro,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We’d like to get more information regarding this issue.

1. Were you able to play the games without the Taskbar interfering earlier?
    2. Were there any updates that were installed recently that you think might have caused the issue?

We appreciate that you tried few steps to fix the issue. We can try few more steps in order to isolate the cause of the issue.

Let us go ahead and disable the Taskbar auto hide feature and check if the issue persists.

1. Right click on empty space of Taskbar.
    2. Select Taskbar settings.
    3. Turn off the switch under Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode.
    4. Try playing the game in Full Screen mode and check if the Taskbar interferes with the game play.
    Let us know the results and we will be glad to assist you further.

Looking forward to your response.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

Taskbar automatically pops up while playing games

1. Taskbar automatically pops up while playing games - Similar Threads - Taskbar automatically pops

2. Preventing the taskbar from popping up automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Preventing the taskbar from popping up automatically: Hi, I set my taskbar to automatically hide because I think it takes up too much space by default. The main problem is that whenever anything updates in one of the applications I have open, the taskbar won't go back down and stays up until I've found the window that's causing...
  3. Preventing the taskbar from popping up automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Preventing the taskbar from popping up automatically: Hi, I set my taskbar to automatically hide because I think it takes up too much space by default. The main problem is that whenever anything updates in one of the applications I have open, the taskbar won't go back down and stays up until I've found the window that's causing...
  4. Taskbar NOT! Closing While Playing Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar NOT! Closing While Playing Games: So i've been having this problem for a very long time and still cant seem to find a fix. I'm playing ARK: Survival Evolved and whenever I look up and down the taskabr pops up whenever I look down, and when i look up the option to exit the game pops up. It's extremly annoying...
  5. Taskbar NOT! Closing While Playing Games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar NOT! Closing While Playing Games: So i've been having this problem for a very long time and still cant seem to find a fix. I'm playing ARK: Survival Evolved and whenever I look up and down the taskabr pops up whenever I look down, and when i look up the option to exit the game pops up. It's extremly annoying...
  6. windows 10 locks up automatically while playing games

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows 10 locks up automatically while playing games: hello, When i was playing games on my laptop after few minutes the laptop suddenly starts 'locking' with blue background window, then i would have to turn the laptop on, this issue started happening after i did a reset for windows 10 pro, this happens only while my laptop is...
  7. Command Prompt window pops up while playing games on PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Command Prompt window pops up while playing games on PC: Few days back, I've noticed CMD popping up and what it does it forces the game to minimize. It doesnt matter what you do it still appear and disappier instantly. It happens few times a day. I'm using NVidia GeForce 1060. I tried few of suggested solution but non of them...
  8. Taskbar pops up while playing a game in fullscreen mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Taskbar pops up while playing a game in fullscreen mode: Tried using MS Store apps but have repeatedly ran into this issue which severely destroys any semblance of enjoyment; When using a Windows Store UWP Game, if my mouse hits the taskbar area, the taskbar pops up and locks my inputs (as it thinks I want to click on my taskbar,...
  9. Taskbar popping up in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar popping up in games: This is difficult to explain but when I play any windows store game open, my taskbar pops up when my mouse cursor is at the bottom of the screen. Hiding the taskbar doesn't work. Restarting windows explorer doesn't work. Games like Forza Horizon 4 and Halo Wars 2 have this...
  10. Pop up error message while playing a particular game on facebook

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pop up error message while playing a particular game on facebook: Every time I play a particular game on facebook a "screeching" error message pops up saying that all my files will be deleted if I don't update Windows software. Is anyone else getting this message and how did you fix the problem?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows pops up while gaming

2. remove taskbar when playing game

3. taskbar keeps popping up while gaming

4. windows taskbar interferes with games