Windows 10: Taskbar being weird

Discus and support Taskbar being weird in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I have two monitors, and just recently my main monitor has been acting up. I have my taskbar set to auto hide, but now when I have anything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by EvaMurphy, Dec 19, 2021.

1. EvaMurphy Win User

Taskbar being weird

So I have two monitors, and just recently my main monitor has been acting up. I have my taskbar set to auto hide, but now when I have anything fullscreen on my main monitor I cannot get my taskbar to auto unhide when I take my mouse down unless I hit the windows key. On my 2nd monitor this functions just fine. Example: I have discord open on my 2nd monitor and my taskbar functions fine and hides and unhides but I have Firefox open on my main monitor and unless I hit windows key I can't make it pop up and I have gone through so many things to try and fix it. I have unchecked and rechecked the

:)

EvaMurphy, Dec 19, 2021
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Dec 19, 2021
  3. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Dec 19, 2021
  4. Taskbar being weird

Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 19, 2021
Thema:

Taskbar being weird

1. Taskbar being weird - Similar Threads - Taskbar being weird

2. My taskbar is being weird

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My taskbar is being weird: The top is my laptop screen with the taskbar under it supposed position and I cannot drag it up. With the second picture being in dual screen mode.When the taskbar is on the left or right position it's fine, however, if it's on bottom or top it isn't.P.S. if it isn't Settings...
  3. My taskbar is being weird

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My taskbar is being weird: The top is my laptop screen with the taskbar under it supposed position and I cannot drag it up. With the second picture being in dual screen mode.When the taskbar is on the left or right position it's fine, however, if it's on bottom or top it isn't.P.S. if it isn't Settings...
  4. My taskbar is being weird

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Keyboard is being weird

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard is being weird: Okay so i am having a issue where whatever i type on my keyboard it does a command instead. Par example is when i type s on chrome it wants me to save or s on discord and it goes into the sticker tab. Does anyone know what to do because this happens often but i cant fix this...
  6. Taskbar being weird

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar being weird: So I have two monitors, and just recently my main monitor has been acting up. I have my taskbar set to auto hide, but now when I have anything fullscreen on my main monitor I cannot get my taskbar to auto unhide when I take my mouse down unless I hit the windows key. On my...
  7. Taskbar being weird

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar being weird: So I have two monitors, and just recently my main monitor has been acting up. I have my taskbar set to auto hide, but now when I have anything fullscreen on my main monitor I cannot get my taskbar to auto unhide when I take my mouse down unless I hit the windows key. On my...
  8. Headphones being weird

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones being weird: Whenever I connect my bluetooth headphones to my computer they randomly disconnect after about 10 minutes of using them, and whenever I disconnect them and try to connect them again, it says that it's unable to connect the device when it's turned on and in range. I've tried...
  9. Windows being weird

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows being weird: So up until a week or so ago my windows was being pretty normal. then out of the blue my internet semi-breaks. semi-breaks because sites like YouTube continue to work normally (even looking up videos), but anything else will just stop. then since about 2 days my PC has...
  10. Keys being weird

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keys being weird: Hello My caps lock button is acting strangely. Every time I tap it, it turns on caps lock but also types q. For example, if I quickly tap the caps button only, it shows 'qQqQqQqQq'. I live in Australia and am using a new MSI GK30 keyboard. Any help is appreciated....