Windows 10: Taskbar blank & Start button unresponsive

Discus and support Taskbar blank & Start button unresponsive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Now & then when I start my computer, nothing appears in the task bar, the Microsoft Start button at the bottom left fails to respond to either a left... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by vijkanwar, Jan 2, 2016.

1. vijkanwar Win User

Taskbar blank & Start button unresponsive

Now & then when I start my computer, nothing appears in the task bar, the Microsoft Start button at the bottom left fails to respond to either a left or right click, the Cortana window "Ask me anything" & the Task View are also unresponsive'
    I then restart the computer either by pressing the power button for some time or by the Ctrl/Alt/Delete process. On re-starting everything is fine.
    What I don't know is how to prevent this problem from occurring again.

:)

vijkanwar, Jan 2, 2016

2. Windows 10 Start button NOT WORKING!!!!

This of absolutley no use to me whatsoever. I have no access to the task bar or the start button, and my PC is renderd virtually useless as a result of the supposed "upgrade". Can you please post a repair for this in plain English and one that actually has
    a chance of working.?

At the moment I have an unresponsive start button , a box that says "I'm cortana ask me anything" which I find juvenile to be honest, and a blank taskbar.

michaelmalonemgm, Jan 2, 2016
  3. Taskbar is unclickable

My taskbar is unclickable ....... each icon I pressed is unresponsive including "WIFI, Battery, start button"etc .please help me it's not solving ........

Rachit Sharma, Jan 2, 2016
  4. Taskbar blank & Start button unresponsive

Hi there,

This recently happened to me with my Surface Pro 4. All you gotta do is Ctrl+Shift+Esc (opens TaskMgr) and do File > Run. Type in 'powershell' and check the box that says Run task with administrative privileges. Once you get into PS, run this:

Code: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}[/quote] Should fix it right then and there, but you may need to restart.

Hope it helps *Smile

Michaelvas17, Jan 2, 2016
  5. vijkanwar Win User
    Dear Michael,
    Many thanks for your prompt reply.
    As I said, the problem gets instantly solved if I do nothing but merely re-start the computer. But after a few days it recurs.
    What I want is to know why this happens and how can it be permanently solved.
    Best regards,

vijkanwar, Jan 2, 2016
  6. It's a bug I believe. It happened to me several weeks ago as well. Eventually, Microsoft will release an update to address it.

Good luck & regards.

Michaelvas17, Jan 3, 2016
  7. vijkanwar Win User
    Thanks Michael
    I will wait patiently for MS to de-bug it
    Best regards,

vijkanwar, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Taskbar blank & Start button unresponsive

1. Taskbar blank & Start button unresponsive - Similar Threads - Taskbar blank Start

2. Settings not openning up, start button not working, taskbar unresponsive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings not openning up, start button not working, taskbar unresponsive: so as the title says, nothing is working all of a sudden. i cant access my settings, i cant access the start button, i cant access my mail on my toolbar. i can still access other things on my toolbar but those things dont work. ive tried a few fixes through powershell but to...
  3. Settings not openning up, start button not working, taskbar unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings not openning up, start button not working, taskbar unresponsive: so as the title says, nothing is working all of a sudden. i cant access my settings, i cant access the start button, i cant access my mail on my toolbar. i can still access other things on my toolbar but those things dont work. ive tried a few fixes through powershell but to...
  4. Settings not openning up, start button not working, taskbar unresponsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Start Button and Security Settings are unresponsive

Start Button and Security Settings are unresponsive: Been having problems since the 2nd July 2021 after a "security intelligence update KB2267602 v. 1.343.233.0". The system calculator wouldn't open, nor would volume control from the system tray. When I shut down that night, I was prompted to update and shut down. The next day...
  6. Taskbar and start button

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar and start button: When I plugged in my headphones into my computer, the start and taskbar did a weird thing and now it won't go back to normal. I don't know how to fix this and it's affecting how I do my work. The problem is that the taskbar won't show mircosoft edge, my files, and the other...
  7. Start button and Taskbar

Start button and Taskbar: I have a Windows 10 laptop, start button & task bar does not work. Only the desktop icons are clickable. Not even clicking the clock in the lower right corner pops up the time & calendar....
  8. Start button - taskbar

Start button - taskbar: I like how Windows 8 did not have the start button. When they updated to Windows 10, the least they could have done is give us the option of having it on the taskbar, like the Cortana thing. Who clicks on the button anyways? Please recommend if I can do anything to remove...
  9. taskbar and start button

taskbar and start button: I started my computer and my bottom taskbar including the start button and search box appears for a second and then disappears. I am running Windows 10. I can't get them to stay on/visible. Frankly, Windows 7 was much better. Help anyone?...
  10. Start Button Unresponsive

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Button Unresponsive: My start button and Windows key frequently become unresponsive. The only thing I can do is sign out and sign back in or restart manually. This happens at least once a day, and I'm getting really tired of it. It seems to have started after the last version of Windows 10 was...