Windows 10: Taskbar blinks/refresh

Discus and support Taskbar blinks/refresh in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I put my pointer on the task bar opened apps like chrome or a game it usually show a mini window of that specific app,but now when i do that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AntiGoi, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Taskbar blinks/refresh

When I put my pointer on the task bar opened apps like chrome or a game it usually show a mini window of that specific app,but now when i do that the task bar blinks or kind of refresh itself. Is there any solution for that?

submitted by /u/AntiGoi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AntiGoi, Feb 3, 2020
  2. Jay Jap Win User

Taskbar icons blinking when using Chrome

Hello,

We need to do further investigation on your concern so that we can identify why the Taskbar is blinking when you are using Google Chrome.

• Have you recently made any change/updates prior to this issue?
    • Is the said browser pinned in the Taskbar?
    • If so, have you tried unpinning it from the Taskbar?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try to run the Compatibility troubleshooter to isolate the issue. Here's how

• Right-click the Google Chrome browser.
    • Click-on Properties.
    • Click-on the Compatibility tab.
    • Click-on the Run compatibility troubleshooter button.
    • Choose Try recommended Settings.
    • Click-on the Test the program button to check if it is the same.
    • Hit Next, then choose the next option, depending on the results of the test.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Feb 3, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Blink or Refresh Randomly and Periodically

Does anyone here have any clue why Windows 10 taskbar icons randomly and periodically blink/refresh? It is driving me crazy!!! I have searched and searched to no avail. It has been reported time and again
    here and sadly the generic responses by the mods couldn’t be more pathetic. It’s as if when you ask a question here they throw up a bunch of canned responses and don’t even really consider the issue.

For no apparent reason at all the Windows 10 taskbar icons just blink/refresh randomly and periodically. Do Microsoft not see this GUI eyesore? Are other users so oblivious that they don’t see it either?
    If you do a Google search you will find that this has been going on for many years. How long does it take to fix an issue with Windows? How many years? What does it take to get Microsoft’s attention?

The sad reality is that I bet MOST people wouldn't ever even notice, but my OCD is on level 10. It happens randomly, the icons in the taskbar will just blink, like they are refreshing. Same thing
    happens when you empty the trash. Give it a shot. Delete something and watch your desktop icons. This same blink happens in the taskbar randomly for no reason.

As a former Mac user I can tell you that you DO NOT ever see crap like this. And if you did it would be fixed immediately.
    Just have a look at this!

Google searches on this issue dating back to 2015!

And before any mod responds back with the same old generic canned responses, please just don't waste your time or mine. Take the time first to read all the posts on this issue already and all the "solutions" that have been given. I have tried them ALL. NONE
    of them work. I am on a brand new Windows 10 PC with the latest version of the OS and all drivers installed. I couldn't get a "cleaner" machine.

The bottom line is this issue "just exists" and Microsoft is expecting people to just look the other way and ignore it. Not happening!

Studio Sanctum, Feb 3, 2020
  4. Taskbar blinks/refresh

Taskbar icons blinking

I've got my GTX 1080 Ti in May, and since then (or maybe not, can't say excatly when this started to happen) I have annoying issue - from time to time my taskbar icons blink. It's like refreshing. This happens at random times, when I surf web or browse files. It's just quickly blinks. Often during the blink there is also spinning mouse circle appears for a 1 second. This happens once in 5-10 minutes. Not much, but still, annoying and most important, very distracting when you see them blinking. This is the example of the blinking: https://i.stack.imgur.com/MiDti.gif As I said, blinking is not happening every second like in gif, but something like once in 5 minutes.
    Can this be related to driver or maybe GPU itself? I tried several driver versions, but it's still blinking. I even did fresh reinstall of windows, but the problem is still there. I even thinking to put my old video card, GTX 1070 to check if the problem persists. I have several PCs with Windows 10 and none of them have this issue. Also, this happens in Safe mode with networking. So, not a driver problem then? Or maybe?

GediminasLM, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

Taskbar blinks/refresh

1. Taskbar blinks/refresh - Similar Threads - Taskbar blinks refresh

2. Blinking taskbar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blinking taskbar: After updating my windows after login there is a blinking taskbar without any icons on desktop I can't type a single word in task manager can anyone help me to solve this problem...
  3. Icons randomly blinking/refreshing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icons randomly blinking/refreshing: Sometimes when im on my desktop i notice that my icons blink once like its refreshing on its own. Also while using chrome the taskbar icon sometimes start blinking, like its got unselect for a moment. submitted by /u/Morfologus2222 [link] [comments]...
  4. no icons displayed and desktop blinks as it was refreshing

in Windows 10 Customization
    no icons displayed and desktop blinks as it was refreshing: my laptop doesn't show any icons and only displaying the background with the taskbar. also it refreshes every time like it blinks with black screen. how do i fix this?...
  5. My screen keeps refreshing or blinking nonstop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My screen keeps refreshing or blinking nonstop: Problem: I dont know what its called so i can only describe . The screen keeps blinking turning black and back to the desktop. monitor is still on nonstop and once it pops up the desktop the shortcuts i have refresh Things ive done: Ive restarted the computer and still got...
  6. Blinking taskbar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Blinking taskbar: I'm having some weird issues with the Windows taskbar and flashing icons. For example, say I drag an image file from my folders to Google Chrome. The first time it'll show up as a minimized window so that I can open the window and drag my file into a new tab. If I then decide...
  7. Taskbar icons blinking

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar icons blinking: I've got my GTX 1080 Ti in May, and since then (or maybe not, can't say excatly when this started to happen) I have annoying issue - from time to time my taskbar icons blink. It's like refreshing. This happens at random times, when I surf web or browse files. It's just...
  8. Taskbar Refreshing

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Refreshing: I've been having a weird issue. Randomly, my taskbar will refresh. Not the icons on the desktop, just the taskbar. Usually when I'm accessing harddrives. None in particular tho. I've updated the graphics cards, so I've ruled out that idea. The computer is a custom build, so...
  9. Taskbar Refresh

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Refresh: I was curious to know if this was something common in any of the updates for Win10. Currently running OS Build 16299.402 of 1709. Everytime I open a program (usually which are Adobe titles) and I go to file open or to a file save, the first time I click on either of these,...
  10. Cursor Blinks/Refreshes rapidly & keystroke lag

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor Blinks/Refreshes rapidly & keystroke lag: When creating a new email, editing document, the cursor blinks so fast as if someone is pressing the f5 refresh key repeatedly. Another issue is lag time in typing. Even typing this new post, The characters don't show up as I type, but then eventually do. running:...