Windows 10: Taskbar blocks screen

Discus and support Taskbar blocks screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My taskbar is blocking the bottom of maximized windows and I can't fix it. I have tried setting it to autohide and it did nothing. is there any other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MilesMacPherson, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Taskbar blocks screen

My taskbar is blocking the bottom of maximized windows and I can't fix it. I have tried setting it to autohide and it did nothing. is there any other way to fix this besides changing the location?

:)

MilesMacPherson, Nov 12, 2019

2. Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Screen Resolution and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows ’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type Settings
    • SelectSystem > Display > Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked
      "(Recommended)”.
    Also try locking and then unlocking the Taskbar and check if this helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click an empty space on the taskbar.
    • If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked.
    • If it does not have a check mark, click Lock the Taskbar.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Nov 12, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    How do you remove the taskbar from bottom of the screen.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern with regards to remove the lock of taskbar and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on Taskbar.

• Select properties.

• Uncheck the box lock the taskbar and check if it helps.

• And move it to the top or right or left of the screen.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Nov 12, 2019
  4. dsdavis6 Win User

Taskbar blocks screen

taskbar on multiple screens (XP)

Hi, at work we use three screens, with XP installed, on the PC i was using before it had the taskbar on just the left screen and when i maximised a window it would fill whatever screen the window was currently on. The pc i now use, has a task bar stretched across the three screens and when i maximise something it will automatically fill the left screen. Is there a way to change either of these things as i prefer the taskbar on the left screen and to maximise on the screen the window is in. Thanks

dsdavis6, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

Taskbar blocks screen

1. Taskbar blocks screen - Similar Threads - Taskbar blocks screen

2. Translucent TB showing white block on taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Translucent TB showing white block on taskbar: Hello I have downloaded translucent tb and it is working fine but this weird white rectangle has appeared next to the windows button on the left Windows 11 newest version even if I change the mode to acrylic for example which is like translucent the white block just goes...
  3. Translucent TB showing white block on taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Translucent TB showing white block on taskbar: Hello I have downloaded translucent tb and it is working fine but this weird white rectangle has appeared next to the windows button on the left Windows 11 newest version even if I change the mode to acrylic for example which is like translucent the white block just goes...
  4. Weather/temperature blocked by count on taskbar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weather/temperature blocked by count on taskbar.: How can I stop the counter first picture from overshadowing the temperature reading second picture? I have tried changing the interests, to no avail. The counter is *always* trying to get my attention for a "headline" that I have absolutely no interest in. Thank you....
  5. Weather/temperature blocked by count on taskbar.

Weather/temperature blocked by count on taskbar.: How can I stop the counter first picture from overshadowing the temperature reading second picture? I have tried changing the interests, to no avail. The counter is *always* trying to get my attention for a "headline" that I have absolutely no interest in. Thank you....
  6. Blocked taskbar incidents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blocked taskbar incidents: Hello, we have discovered a specific incident on our Windows 10 and Windows 11 client-server environment. It concerns about 15 computers. The problem is the following: the taskbar is no longer functional. This also causes problems with Office 365 activation. Thank you for...
  7. Blocked taskbar incidents

Blocked taskbar incidents: Hello, we have discovered a specific incident on our Windows 10 and Windows 11 client-server environment. It concerns about 15 computers. The problem is the following: the taskbar is no longer functional. This also causes problems with Office 365 activation. Thank you for...
  8. Locke screen blocked

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locke screen blocked: When i open my pc i can see the lock screen but i cant pass it i dont have any code usually i click the screen then it open but now when i clicked the lock screen get blocked py pc us still working the button are working like the light button i restart it so many times but no...
  9. Taskbar and screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar and screen: So i got a new computer but when i click on something for example settings, it comes up on the taskbar at the bottom but it doesn’t show up on the screen. I’ve tried clicking on it but nothing works??...
  10. Block part of the screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Block part of the screen?: Hello guys, I‘m just wondering if there is a program or feature to have a black bar or something on a specific part of the screen that i don’t want to see. Let me know if you know any way this might work, thanks! submitted by /u/vnmz77 [link] [comments]...