Windows 10: Taskbar breaks Windows

Discus and support Taskbar breaks Windows in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Recently our users have been experiencing a weird issue, when they sign in they can't click the taskbar and it freezes the PC if you click it. Not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dillon Burke dburke, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Taskbar breaks Windows

Recently our users have been experiencing a weird issue, when they sign in they can't click the taskbar and it freezes the PC if you click it. Not every user in our office has this issue and it seems to happen gradually. Also, if I sign in with a new account it is fine.Is this a Microsoft Update issue, the latest one was 5 days before the glitch?We can fix it by deleting the user profile and recreating it but that removes their settings, saved bookmarks, printers and their most crucial piece, the Taskbar. I tried copying their Roaming Folder that holds the Taskbar settings but nothing gets pin

:)

Dillon Burke dburke, Jul 21, 2021

2. Windows 10 Pro and Ergnomic Break Reminder

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Do you remember installing any break reminder software?

It looks like it is a pop up from a break reminder software.

I suggest you to look for this in Programs in features and uninstall it if do not use it.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run Command

• Type Appwiz.cpl and hit enter

• Search for the programs and un-install it.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jul 21, 2021
  3. Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 21, 2021
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Taskbar breaks Windows

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jul 21, 2021
Thema:

Taskbar breaks Windows

1. Taskbar breaks Windows - Similar Threads - Taskbar breaks

2. Windows 11 Update Taskbar Breaking Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Update Taskbar Breaking Problems: I have installed the Windows 11 KB5034765 new version. The apps visible on the taskbar are not visible. If you move the mouse, the apps on the taskbar start moving to the left and right....
  3. Windows 11 Update Taskbar Breaking Problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Update Taskbar Breaking Problems: I have installed the Windows 11 KB5034765 new version. The apps visible on the taskbar are not visible. If you move the mouse, the apps on the taskbar start moving to the left and right....
  4. Right clicking anywhere breaks taskbar, context menu, and start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right clicking anywhere breaks taskbar, context menu, and start menu: My friend has the problem, when he boots up the PC, it is completely fine, but when he right clicks once, these happens:Context Menu does not work, but after when he left clicks a desktop icon before right clicking, the menu works.Auto-hide taskbar does not appear when...
  5. Right clicking anywhere breaks taskbar, context menu, and start menu

Right clicking anywhere breaks taskbar, context menu, and start menu: My friend has the problem, when he boots up the PC, it is completely fine, but when he right clicks once, these happens:Context Menu does not work, but after when he left clicks a desktop icon before right clicking, the menu works.Auto-hide taskbar does not appear when...
  6. Changing security settings breaks Windows 10 start menu/taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing security settings breaks Windows 10 start menu/taskbar: This question was asked previously however the answer is not working for me, i have basically got the exact same problem. I have attempted every reasonable fix i could find, running command prompts, resetting windows explorer, opening services.msc etc, tbh my last...
  7. Changing security settings breaks Windows 10 start menu/taskbar

Changing security settings breaks Windows 10 start menu/taskbar: This question was asked previously however the answer is not working for me, i have basically got the exact same problem. I have attempted every reasonable fix i could find, running command prompts, resetting windows explorer, opening services.msc etc, tbh my last...
  8. Changing security settings breaks Windows 10 start menu/taskbar

in Cortana
  9. Weather icon breaks TaskBar

Weather icon breaks TaskBar: Hello Mine weather icon on my TaskBar sometimes literaly goes crazy for no reason and after short while it reactivates the TaskBar itself. I am worried it can do huge damage to my computer and files i have on it so if there is a way to fix itexcept things like reseting pc i...
  10. Weather icon breaks TaskBar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weather icon breaks TaskBar: Hello Mine weather icon on my TaskBar sometimes literaly goes crazy for no reason and after short while it reactivates the TaskBar itself. I am worried it can do huge damage to my computer and files i have on it so if there is a way to fix itexcept things like reseting pc i...