Windows 10: Taskbar broken issue on Windows 10

Discus and support Taskbar broken issue on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Ok, so i have an issue with my windows 10 taskbar. (since 2017). This is the issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WksRoicMOQc when i right click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by noammiz007, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Taskbar broken issue on Windows 10

Ok, so i have an issue with my windows 10 taskbar. (since 2017).

This is the issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WksRoicMOQc

when i right click on any icon on the windows 10 task bar, then i want to enter his properties so this is happening.

My windows 10 got the latest updates.

And also my drivers. And also everything is updated.

i tried to use another user account on the pc and i still had the issue.

i tried sfc /scannow with admin perms on cmd

it didn't help.

i tried scanning for malwares and viruses and i don't have any malware or a virus.

I can't hard reset my pc cuz i got 1 Bajilion files to backup.

Please help me.

:)

noammiz007, Jan 8, 2019
  2. MDJ
    MDJ Win User

Windows 10 problem with duplicated icons in taskbar, broken Jump Lists

Hello,

I‘ve been recently having a problem with duplicated items in taskbar and broken Jump Lists. I‘m now using Windows 10 but this problem occurred in Windows 8.1 too but then it somehow fixed itself. Some programs that I pin to taskbar have a tendency to duplicate themselves when clicked on. For now, I‘ve noticed this behaviour only in Skype and Spotify but it‘s still very annoying since duplicate icons take valuable taskbar space and even more—make Jump Lists of those programs broken, meaning that you can still see tasks program developers provided but after you click them nothing happens.

I‘ve tried loads of times pinning, repinning, deleting whole User Pinned folder from %appdata%/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Quick Launch, clearing Jump List folders manually and automatically with Command Prompt commands as suggested here with no luck. The only thing I did achieve was when I pinned Skype to taskbar in my other user account, then copied the newly created shortcut from Use Pinned folder to my User Pinned folder—this made Skype Jump Lists working but duplicate icon in taskbar remained.

I‘ve recently found a tutorial which may force taskbar to use only one icon per app but I can‘t check this right now as 7+ Taskbar Tweaker isn‘t yet officially available for Windows 10 users.

Thank you for taking your time and reading my message, any suggestions would be appreciated,

P. S. I don‘t know if this is related but I can‘t pin any Control Panel item to Quick Access whilst I can pin folders. Interesting side of this is that pinned Control Panel items appear in File Explorer's Jump List but after clicked I get a message that item is unavailable and that it might have been moved, renamed or removed.

3. Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 8, 2019
  4. Taskbar broken issue on Windows 10

Windows 10 Taskbar is not working and "fixes" don't fix it.

Hi Carole,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing Taskbar on Windows 10. We will help you with resolving the issue.

Provide us the additional information to understand the issue and assist you better:

• What exactly happens when you press Alt+Tab keys from the keyboard to switch between the apps?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?

As you said Taskbar is not working, and you will minimize all the opened apps to access the one you wish to from Taskbar. Be clear with how exactly you are trying to accessing the apps from Taskbar.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if you have enabled the Auto-hide option for Taskbar, if so try to disable and check if it helps.

Steps to enable auto-hide Taskbar:

• Right click in the empty space on the Taskbar, click on
      Properties,
    • Under Taskbar tab, uncheck the Auto-hide the Taskbar option, click on
      Apply and Ok.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and brief description for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

Taskbar broken issue on Windows 10

1. Taskbar broken issue on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Taskbar broken issue

2. Taskbar is broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar is broken: For a few days now my laptop's taskbar has been completely broken and the only thing that appears is the arrow pointing up. I've tried resetting Microsoft explorer to reset the taskbar but that hasn't helped. File explorer doesn't open anymore but I can still access my files...
  3. Taskbar is broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar is broken: For a few days now my laptop's taskbar has been completely broken and the only thing that appears is the arrow pointing up. I've tried resetting Microsoft explorer to reset the taskbar but that hasn't helped. File explorer doesn't open anymore but I can still access my files...
  4. Windows 10 Home taskbar icons broken

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Home taskbar icons broken: Hello: I tried many fixes suggested for this issue, to no avail, as in the middle icon of the below image. Clicking on it, the icon changes to what's shown in the second image, but reverts when the applications is closed....
  5. Windows 10 taskbar thumbnail preview broken

Windows 10 taskbar thumbnail preview broken: Hey,I did everything written here and it still not working.On a different administrator account it does work without me having to change any settings.I'm using Windows 10 Home, it was working regularly until last night....
  6. Windows 10 Taskbar Shortcuts Broken.

Windows 10 Taskbar Shortcuts Broken.: There are two things that I'm aware of that are not significant but its bothering me with my windows 10 taskbar. When I right click the sound icon and try to go to sound settings , it briefly opens a command prompt which closes immediately , this is the same as trying to go...
  7. Taskbar broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar broken: Okay, this all pretty much started today when I booted up my computer. I can't use the start button, the search bar, none of my applications show up on it, and the date and time are missing. I also can't click the "show desktop" button. I've tried killing explorer.exe and...
  8. The Taskbar is broken

in Windows 10 Support
    The Taskbar is broken: For the last few weeks my taskbar in Windows 10 has been quite broken. First of all the taskbar itself takes about 5-10 minutes to load when Windows first boots up. What I mean by that is I can't click on the start button or anything else and when the mouse cursor hovers over...
  9. Broken Windows 10 Metro Icon in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Broken Windows 10 Metro Icon in Taskbar: I just upgraded my desktop PC to Windows 10 today and found a bug. I have a laptop which I upgraded few days ago and went just fine without having this kind of problem. As the screenshot shows, it incorrectly display Microsoft Edge, Store, and Calculator icon. Any other...
  10. Taskbar broken

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar broken: Just installed Windows 10 yesterday. Had my taskbar with my usual program icons. Now it has gone away and there is a black bar with just 8 white outline icons. Is there a way to enable the taskbar that will bring it back the way it should be? 10860