Windows 10: Taskbar buttons...a little too wide

Discus and support Taskbar buttons...a little too wide in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So my taskbar looks like this now. The buttons are really wide for some reason. I am using Small taskbar buttons in Settings, can someone figure out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EvanRaby, Jun 13, 2020.

1. EvanRaby Win User

Taskbar buttons...a little too wide

So my taskbar looks like this now. The buttons are really wide for some reason. I am using Small taskbar buttons in Settings, can someone figure out how to fix this?

Taskbar buttons...a little too wide 0b0eb604-e2c9-4faf-afb4-b35eeb8ad2db?upload=true.png

And yes, I have restarted.

:)

EvanRaby, Jun 13, 2020
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

Problem with a combine taskbar icons.

Hello,

In Windows 10, you can personalize the settings of your taskbar. If there are multiple applications opened, same applications will be combined under one taskbar button. If you want to change this setting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Press the Start button.
    • Click on the Settings app.
    • Select Personalization.
    • At the left side of your window, click on Taskbar.
    • Under Combine taskbar buttons, choose Never.

Kindly update us with the results and if you have further queries, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Jun 13, 2020
  3. Volume button is invisible on taskbar.

Hi,

You can customize which icons to appear on the taskbar. Based on the information you have provided it possible that the volume was not set to appear on the taskbar. To customize the taskbar notification area, you can refer to the steps below:

• On the Start menu, type Settings, and then hit Enter.
    • Under Notification area, click Select which icons appear on the taskbar.
    • Click Volume button to toggle it on or off.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Moving the taskbar

Hi Kim,

You can customize your taskbar to pin your favorite apps to it, move it to where you want to display on your screen, and specify how taskbar buttons group together when you have more than one window open. To address your question, we suggest
    that you follow these steps on how to move your taskbar to a different location on the screen:

• Open Settings and choose Personalization.
    • Select Taskbar.
    • Under Taskbar location on the screen, click the drop-down menu and select
      Bottom.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Taskbar buttons...a little too wide - Similar Threads - Taskbar buttons little

2. Search button on task bar is too wide

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search button on task bar is too wide: the Search button on the task bar is too wide. How do I adjust it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-button-on-task-bar-is-too-wide/aa1492a6-9b96-44c8-8c2b-8965c7784885
  3. Wide Taskbar

Wide Taskbar: The taskbar is wider than the screen and cuts off the notification center. Any Ideas on how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wide-taskbar/1c297ae4-34b8-4e0b-bc4c-9a476d9de11f
  4. Vertical Taskbar too wide

Vertical Taskbar too wide: Why is taskbar twice the width when moved to the vertical? I have it set at small icons but it is still twice as wide when compared to a horizontal taskbar. 172353
  5. Taskbar icon spacing suddenly got too wide in Win10 20H2

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar icon spacing suddenly got too wide in Win10 20H2: So, randomly (several weeks after updating to 20H2), the icons on my taskbar suddenly got much wider, as shown in the attached image. The spacing also got messed up in File Explorer. Does anyone know which registry key I should edit to fix this problem? It's very ugly....
  6. Desktop Icons too widely spaced

Desktop Icons too widely spaced: For some reason, my desktop icons recently started getting spaced about twice as far apart as usual [ATTACH] I have no idea what caused this but I'd like to recover from it. I've tried changing my view settings after right clicking the desktop, but this hasn't helped....
  7. My taskbar buttons (no labels) are a little too wide and don't seem to be the default...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My taskbar buttons (no labels) are a little too wide and don't seem to be the default...: [IMG] submitted by /u/DVXC [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h10og8/my_taskbar_buttons_no_labels_are_a_little_too/
  8. app display too wide

app display too wide: Schwab app display is too wide, it does not display full display on right side. It cuts off some numbers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-display-too-wide/01c7e0a5-f0cc-41cc-bbc4-2b4869ae06b5
  9. Property windows are too wide

Property windows are too wide: [ATTACH]HOW DO I FIX THIS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/property-windows-are-too-wide/6053d969-6da4-4728-a995-7bf8d27bce00
  10. Windows 10 Taskbar Context Menu Too Wide

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Taskbar Context Menu Too Wide: Please see the screenshot:: Screenshot by Lightshot Also you can notice that the icons are not very easy to see. I was wondering if you could help me? I've tried everything. Also not sure if my font is the default font even though it is when I go into Chrome...