Windows 10: Taskbar buttons combining

Discus and support Taskbar buttons combining in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Win 10 Pro, v1903. Related issues have been discussed before but I didn't find a solution to my specific issue: Combine taskbar buttons is set to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Hero1318, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Hero1318 Win User

Taskbar buttons combining

Win 10 Pro, v1903.

Related issues have been discussed before but I didn't find a solution to my specific issue:

Combine taskbar buttons is set to never on the Personalization screen.

• Each time I open a new app, a new button appears on the taskbar - Fine!
    • Each time I open a new folder, a new button appears on the taskbar - Fine!
    • Each time I open a new file (with any app) in that open folder, a new button appears on the taskbar - Fine!
    • BUT, if I open a sub-folder in an open folder, the sub-folder button REPLACES the button for the parent folder on taskbar- BAD!

How do I make a new button appear for each sub-folder opened without replacing the parent's button?

Thanks for the help...

:)

Hero1318, Nov 18, 2019
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

Problem with a combine taskbar icons.

Hello,

In Windows 10, you can personalize the settings of your taskbar. If there are multiple applications opened, same applications will be combined under one taskbar button. If you want to change this setting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Press the Start button.
    • Click on the Settings app.
    • Select Personalization.
    • At the left side of your window, click on Taskbar.
    • Under Combine taskbar buttons, choose Never.

Kindly update us with the results and if you have further queries, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Nov 18, 2019
  3. Problem with a combine taskbar icons.

Thanks for answering.

What you suggested is not the problem I asked for a solution.

For more understandable I've attached a figures below.

I'd like to have it in the right figure(showing the window of program not just a title)

Im sorry for my bad English, thanks in advance Taskbar buttons combining :) Taskbar buttons combining :)

Taskbar buttons combining 85c775b5-dc76-4dce-bb54-4b49ef906a51.png

Dark Illusionist, Nov 18, 2019
  4. Taskbar buttons combining

Stop Taskbar Buttons from Combining!

I noticed that on my Windows 10 laptop, my taskbar buttons combine even though I have the setting for "never combine."

I changed the settings to "always combine" and then back to "never combine" and it still didn't work. I also did the same for "combine when taskbar is full" and it didn't work.

Does anyone know about this quirk and ho to fix it????

Thank you!

A Semi Luddite, Nov 18, 2019
Thema:

Taskbar buttons combining

1. Taskbar buttons combining - Similar Threads - Taskbar buttons combining

2. windows 11 - Combine Taskbar Buttons => never combine mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 - Combine Taskbar Buttons => never combine mode: Hello,I have version :Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎6/‎12/‎2023 OS build 22621.1848 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22642.1000.0 Please let me know on which version is the "never combine mode" available?I just changed my PC and windows...
  3. windows 11 - Combine Taskbar Buttons => never combine mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 - Combine Taskbar Buttons => never combine mode: Hello,I have version :Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎6/‎12/‎2023 OS build 22621.1848 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22642.1000.0 Please let me know on which version is the "never combine mode" available?I just changed my PC and windows...
  4. Combined taskbar buttons / collapsing taskbar buttons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Combined taskbar buttons / collapsing taskbar buttons: question1: has MS resolved the combined taskbar buttons / collapsing taskbar buttons? do users have a choice to UNcombine / not have icons collapse?question2: if not, does MS officially, in writing recommend a third party SW? i'm reading complaints & folks pointing to third...
  5. Combined taskbar buttons / collapsing taskbar buttons

Combined taskbar buttons / collapsing taskbar buttons: question1: has MS resolved the combined taskbar buttons / collapsing taskbar buttons? do users have a choice to UNcombine / not have icons collapse?question2: if not, does MS officially, in writing recommend a third party SW? i'm reading complaints & folks pointing to third...
  6. Combine Taskbar Buttons Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Combine Taskbar Buttons Win 11: Numerous postings reporting the ability to Combine Taskbar Buttons in Win 11 has been removed either intentionally or by oversight.Many responses stating that MS is aware and developers are working on a fix to restore this small but for many critical capability.Months have...
  7. Combine Taskbar Buttons Win 11

Combine Taskbar Buttons Win 11: Numerous postings reporting the ability to Combine Taskbar Buttons in Win 11 has been removed either intentionally or by oversight.Many responses stating that MS is aware and developers are working on a fix to restore this small but for many critical capability.Months have...
  8. Combine Taskbar Buttons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Combine Taskbar Buttons: One, if not the only think I dislike about Windows 11, is the lack of choice in regards to the taskbar buttons. In most of my work there are several Excel sheets in full screen open. It is difficult to work with them, when the buttons are combined. Hovering on them with the...
  9. Combine Taskbar Buttons

Combine Taskbar Buttons: One, if not the only think I dislike about Windows 11, is the lack of choice in regards to the taskbar buttons. In most of my work there are several Excel sheets in full screen open. It is difficult to work with them, when the buttons are combined. Hovering on them with the...
  10. Creating a taskbar button that triggers a key combination?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating a taskbar button that triggers a key combination?: Is there a way to create a button that I can pin to the taskbar that triggers a key combination instead of launching a program? I think this can be done with AutoHotKey, but I'm not sure if that's the easiest way to go about it. submitted by /u/grizzlypass [link]...