Windows 10: Taskbar buttons stopped responding (Restart, Search, Internet access, Notifications)

Discus and support Taskbar buttons stopped responding (Restart, Search, Internet access, Notifications) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have Windows 10 Pro, Ver. 1709 on a brand new Desktop. After about a month, my Taskbar buttons stopped responding (Restart, Search, Internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by newu_873, Dec 18, 2018.

1. newu_873 Win User

Taskbar buttons stopped responding (Restart, Search, Internet access, Notifications)

Hi,

I have Windows 10 Pro, Ver. 1709 on a brand new Desktop. After about a month, my Taskbar buttons stopped responding (Restart, Search, Internet access, Notifications). The anticipated menus don't pop-up. Also, in the Safe Mode those buttons don't work. But some other buttons do respond, like: Show Hidden Icons, Safely Remove Hardware, Languages – in all modes.
    However, in a new different account (non-administrator), all those buttons work fine – both in regular Windows operation mode and in Safe Mode.

I tried the solution of Clean Boot as Administrator, but it didn't help.

Any ideas ??

:)

newu_873, Dec 18, 2018
  2. Arul_D Win User

How can I hide the notification icon on my taskbar

Hello,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the steps to hide the notification icon on your taskbar.

• Type Settings on your search bar

• Click on systems

• Select notifications and actions

• Disable all the notifications on the screen
    Hope this information helps. If you have further queries, we will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Dec 18, 2018
  3. PaulC_1 Win User
    my search button/bing button doesnt respond now, and there is no response when i type something in the search bar

First step. Restart the phone.

Second step. Make sure you have access to the internet.

Third step. Tap the Search button.

See if it works,

PaulC_1, Dec 18, 2018
  4. Taskbar buttons stopped responding (Restart, Search, Internet access, Notifications)

Links will not open on Windows 10 and search button not getting displayed on the taskbar.

Hi Patsy,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if search box is disable from taskbar and also there is change in browser settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Which browser are you using on the computer?
    • Are you getting any error message while browsing the web pages?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to enable search bar and also check the web pages issues in the Internet Explorer. Check if it helps.

Step 1: I recommend you to enable the Search bar.

1. Right click on Taskbar.

2. Then click on Cortana option.

3. Select Show Search box.

4. Check if it helps.

Step 2: Also try to check the issue with Internet Explorer and access the website through it.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Then type “Internet Explorer” without the quotes on Search bar and click on it.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with using Search bar and also opening links in the browser, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

Taskbar buttons stopped responding (Restart, Search, Internet access, Notifications)

1. Taskbar buttons stopped responding (Restart, Search, Internet access, Notifications) - Similar Threads - Taskbar buttons stopped

2. Start button, search and calendar in the taskbar doesn't respond

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start button, search and calendar in the taskbar doesn't respond: It happened to me today. Apparently one of my friends has same issue. submitted by /u/thracia [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/zmqj40/start_button_search_and_calendar_in_the_taskbar/
  3. Start, Search, and other Taskbar Buttons Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start, Search, and other Taskbar Buttons Stopped Working: Hello,A couple of months ago, the start button on my desktop stopped working. Search, whether it be from the taskbar or file explorer, doesn't work either. Same thing with the icons at the right end of the taskbar clock, notifications, speaker volume. Clicking on them does...
  4. Start, Search, and other Taskbar Buttons Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start, Search, and other Taskbar Buttons Stopped Working: Hello,A couple of months ago, the start button on my desktop stopped working. Search, whether it be from the taskbar or file explorer, doesn't work either. Same thing with the icons at the right end of the taskbar clock, notifications, speaker volume. Clicking on them does...
  5. Start, Search, and other Taskbar Buttons Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. The Start Button/Search Bar and the Notification Menu are not responding and starting on...

The Start Button/Search Bar and the Notification Menu are not responding and starting on...: Every time I click on these icons, I have had absolutely NO response whatsoever except for the transparent effect when my pointer hovers over it. So, If you could answer this question really quickly, I would very much appreciate it !!...
  7. Taskbar (start button, search bar, notifications) frozen/ not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar (start button, search bar, notifications) frozen/ not working: I recently installed a new ssd but since ive lost permissions and since changing that ive lost the ability to use the taskbar on my desktop. Ive already tried restarting windows expporer and ran scans on both command promt and powershell and its telling me 67 things dont...
  8. Taskbar buttons stopped responding (Start, Search, Internet access, Notifications)

Taskbar buttons stopped responding (Start, Search, Internet access, Notifications): Hi, I have Windows 10 Pro, Ver. 1709 on a brand new Desktop. After about a month, my Taskbar buttons stopped responding (Start, Search, Internet access, Notifications). The anticipated menus don't pop-up. Also, in the Safe Mode those buttons don't work. But some other...
  9. My Taskbar buttons don't work (Restart, Search, Internet access, Notifications).

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Taskbar buttons don't work (Restart, Search, Internet access, Notifications).: Hi, I have Windows 10 Pro, Ver. 1709 on a brand new Desktop. After about a month, my Taskbar buttons stopped responding (Restart, Search, Internet access, Notifications). The anticipated menus don't pop-up. I tried the solution of Clean Boot as Administrator, but it...
  10. Taskbar search button

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar search button: How do I add the search button to my taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-search-button/ad27bc58-320c-4371-b764-3d65df762d8d