Windows 10: Taskbar buttons to change resolution quickly?

Discus and support Taskbar buttons to change resolution quickly? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Looking for a way to add a button to the taskbar that will quickly set the resolution on that display between 4K and 1080p when clicked, has anyone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/borillionstar, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Taskbar buttons to change resolution quickly?

Looking for a way to add a button to the taskbar that will quickly set the resolution on that display between 4K and 1080p when clicked, has anyone seen anything like this?

submitted by /u/borillionstar
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/borillionstar, Oct 2, 2020

2. Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Screen Resolution and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows ’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type Settings
    • SelectSystem > Display > Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked
      "(Recommended)”.
    Also try locking and then unlocking the Taskbar and check if this helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click an empty space on the taskbar.
    • If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked.
    • If it does not have a check mark, click Lock the Taskbar.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Oct 2, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Change resolution without seeing

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below. Check if it helps.

• Press Windows key on the keyboard
    • Click on settings
    • Go to Display
    • Click on Advance display settings
    • Change the resolution (1280x1024 recommended)

Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking or Enable low-resolution video.

To enter into low-resolution mode
    in Windows 10 in change the settings in it, follow the steps given below.

• Restart your PC.
    • Press Shift + F8 before the Windows logo appears.
    • Click See Advanced Repair Options.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advanced Options.
    • Click Windows Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Oct 2, 2020
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

Taskbar buttons to change resolution quickly?

Problem with a combine taskbar icons.

Hello,

In Windows 10, you can personalize the settings of your taskbar. If there are multiple applications opened, same applications will be combined under one taskbar button. If you want to change this setting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Press the Start button.
    • Click on the Settings app.
    • Select Personalization.
    • At the left side of your window, click on Taskbar.
    • Under Combine taskbar buttons, choose Never.

Kindly update us with the results and if you have further queries, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Oct 2, 2020
Thema:

Taskbar buttons to change resolution quickly?

1. Taskbar buttons to change resolution quickly? - Similar Threads - Taskbar buttons change

2. Combined taskbar buttons / collapsing taskbar buttons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Combined taskbar buttons / collapsing taskbar buttons: question1: has MS resolved the combined taskbar buttons / collapsing taskbar buttons? do users have a choice to UNcombine / not have icons collapse?question2: if not, does MS officially, in writing recommend a third party SW? i'm reading complaints & folks pointing to third...
  3. Combined taskbar buttons / collapsing taskbar buttons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Combined taskbar buttons / collapsing taskbar buttons: question1: has MS resolved the combined taskbar buttons / collapsing taskbar buttons? do users have a choice to UNcombine / not have icons collapse?question2: if not, does MS officially, in writing recommend a third party SW? i'm reading complaints & folks pointing to third...
  4. Stuck button in File Explorer's quick access menu on the taskbar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck button in File Explorer's quick access menu on the taskbar.: Ever since I upgraded to Windows 11, there's been a button under the File Explorer's quick access menu the one when you right-click the icon on the taskbar/start menu. It says Desktop, but when I try to remove it by right-clicking it, or by left-clicking it and clicking...
  5. Stuck button in File Explorer's quick access menu on the taskbar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck button in File Explorer's quick access menu on the taskbar.: Ever since I upgraded to Windows 11, there's been a button under the File Explorer's quick access menu the one when you right-click the icon on the taskbar/start menu. It says Desktop, but when I try to remove it by right-clicking it, or by left-clicking it and clicking...
  6. Taskbar windows/buttons keep changing length

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar windows/buttons keep changing length: [ATTACH] Not sure if it's related to a recent update, but I've been getting some stranger behavior with my taskbar recently. I do not combine my taskbar buttons, I like the old school standard taskbar, with regular sized "buttons" when you have different windows open....
  7. Resolution Change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resolution Change: I recently installed a new monitor with 1920X1080 resolution. Windows preset resolutions do not include this particular configuration. How can I set the computer so that it recognizes this new setting?...
  8. How to change text color on Taskbar buttons?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change text color on Taskbar buttons?: Is it possible to change the color of text on the Taskbar buttons? It is unreadable as black text on a very dark background. Thanks to various tutorials and threads in TenForums, and the Winaero Tweaker program, I now have all the other UI colors in Windows 10 looking how...
  9. It is possible to change Taskbar buttons text font?

in Windows 10 Support
    It is possible to change Taskbar buttons text font?: Hi, Is it posible to change this taskbar buttons text font to tahoma without antialiasing? [img] Like this? (external program) [img] Thanks 40062
  10. Change Width of Taskbar Buttons in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Width of Taskbar Buttons in Windows: How to: Change Width of Taskbar Buttons in Windows How to Change Width of Taskbar Buttons in Windows Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default. The taskbar allows you to find, see,...