Windows 10: Taskbar buttons

Discus and support Taskbar buttons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a lot of applications pinned to my taskbar. I don't want to unpin all of them. When I was setting up my pc I accidentally changed the setting of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Milkin Vasquez, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Taskbar buttons

I have a lot of applications pinned to my taskbar. I don't want to unpin all of them. When I was setting up my pc I accidentally changed the setting of my applications in my taskbar. Only the applications I had open were showing. I took it off so now all of them are showing even though they are not all open. How do I make it so only the applications I have opened show in my taskbar?

:)

Milkin Vasquez, Sep 27, 2020
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

Problem with a combine taskbar icons.

Hello,

In Windows 10, you can personalize the settings of your taskbar. If there are multiple applications opened, same applications will be combined under one taskbar button. If you want to change this setting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Press the Start button.
    • Click on the Settings app.
    • Select Personalization.
    • At the left side of your window, click on Taskbar.
    • Under Combine taskbar buttons, choose Never.

Kindly update us with the results and if you have further queries, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Sep 27, 2020
  3. Volume button is invisible on taskbar.

Hi,

You can customize which icons to appear on the taskbar. Based on the information you have provided it possible that the volume was not set to appear on the taskbar. To customize the taskbar notification area, you can refer to the steps below:

• On the Start menu, type Settings, and then hit Enter.
    • Under Notification area, click Select which icons appear on the taskbar.
    • Click Volume button to toggle it on or off.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Sep 27, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Taskbar buttons

Moving the taskbar

Hi Kim,

You can customize your taskbar to pin your favorite apps to it, move it to where you want to display on your screen, and specify how taskbar buttons group together when you have more than one window open. To address your question, we suggest
    that you follow these steps on how to move your taskbar to a different location on the screen:

• Open Settings and choose Personalization.
    • Select Taskbar.
    • Under Taskbar location on the screen, click the drop-down menu and select
      Bottom.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

Taskbar buttons

1. Taskbar buttons - Similar Threads - Taskbar buttons

2. No start menu or other taskbar buttons work after update to Windows 10 version 2004?

in Windows 10 Customization
    No start menu or other taskbar buttons work after update to Windows 10 version 2004?: After updating Windows 10 Pro 64-bit to version 2004, the start menu and speaker icon and the notification tab does not respond to left-click, tooltip seems to work and right-click works, but no interaction using normal left-click or the Windows key on the keyboard. I have...
  3. How to make the taskbar smaller? (Already using small taskbar buttons)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to make the taskbar smaller? (Already using small taskbar buttons): thanks! submitted by /u/Frankie4Fingarz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jhqdc8/how_to_make_the_taskbar_smaller_already_using/
  4. My taskbar covers up the power button. Please help.

My taskbar covers up the power button. Please help.: Hello, sorry for my English. I recently noticed that whenever I click start menu, the taskbar won't hide although I have set it to auto-hide. It covers the Power button unless I clicked the menu. I think this issue wasn't there earlier. I've attached a video about the issue....
  5. Taskbar buttons to change resolution quickly?

Taskbar buttons to change resolution quickly?: Looking for a way to add a button to the taskbar that will quickly set the resolution on that display between 4K and 1080p when clicked, has anyone seen anything like this? submitted by /u/borillionstar [link] [comments]...
  6. Start button and search button of the taskbar not working.

in Cortana
    Start button and search button of the taskbar not working.: My PC start and search button of the taskbar is not functioning. Whenever I clicked on start and search button, nothing happens, there is no start menu and no search dialogue box on clicking those buttons. However, when I hover on the start and search buttons, they display...
  7. After an update, none of my search bars work. Neither does my Windows button on the taskbar

in Cortana
    After an update, none of my search bars work. Neither does my Windows button on the taskbar: Today, Windows did quite a few updates. It also needed multiple restarts to install and put those updates in place. After the second set of updates, I find that I cannot type in any search bar. Not the one of my taskbar, nor any other that I've tried in Windows. I also cannot...
  8. The search button on the taskbar does not work, the type box does not appear. What I can do?

in Cortana
    The search button on the taskbar does not work, the type box does not appear. What I can do?: The search button on the taskbar does not work, the type box does not appear. What I can do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-search-button-on-the-taskbar-does-not-work-the/ea57fb73-643a-48b5-88d9-2f6f56f4ea2e
  9. Whats The "Show The Desktop" Button On Right Click Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Whats The "Show The Desktop" Button On Right Click Taskbar: Hi There, Today When I Right Click My Taskbar I saw the "Show The Desktop" button and that's interesting for me to know how it works and for what? please help me to know its work. [ATTACH]...
  10. Help! Windows 10 Start Button/Taskbar not working

Help! Windows 10 Start Button/Taskbar not working: Like the title suggests, my start button and taskbar are no longer working correctly. I can right-click on most things and bring up other menus that will allow me to get where I need to go eventually, but it won't let me click on anything like it should. I've tried running...