Windows 10: Taskbar changes colour after Windows 10 2004 update

Discus and support Taskbar changes colour after Windows 10 2004 update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have just installed the 2004 update on Windows 10 and my taskbar has changed colour to a horrible metallic grey. I have tried changing the colour in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by thecynicalmonk, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Taskbar changes colour after Windows 10 2004 update

I have just installed the 2004 update on Windows 10 and my taskbar has changed colour to a horrible metallic grey.

I have tried changing the colour in settings>personalisation>colours>accent colour, but as you can see in the attached screenshot the "start, taskbar and action centre" options are greyed out.

How can I change the taskbar back to its original dark grey / black colour?

Taskbar changes colour after Windows 10 2004 update 2b959476-4d3d-4b53-87c9-ad150b79dc31?upload=true.jpg >

:)

thecynicalmonk, Jul 3, 2020
  2. mo golf Win User

Change taskbar colour

How do I change the taskbar colour to a lighter colour on windows 10?

mo golf, Jul 3, 2020
  3. how do I change colour on taskbar in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

To change the color of the task bar I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then select personalization.
    • Click on color option on the left side.
    • You will find an option called “show color on start, taskbar and start icon”.
    • You need to on the option and then you can change the color accordingly.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 3, 2020
  4. Taskbar changes colour after Windows 10 2004 update

Windows 10 accent colour doesn't change automatically

I'm also facing the same issue on my surface pro 3 after clean installation of windows 10. previously when I upgraded from windows 8.1 to windows 10 taskbar colour was changing with the change of background but after fresh installation of windows 10 background
    is changing but taskbar colour remains the same. its change after I manually switch of and on the setting button in colour menu.

rahulkumarptn, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

Taskbar changes colour after Windows 10 2004 update

1. Taskbar changes colour after Windows 10 2004 update - Similar Threads - Taskbar changes colour

2. Colours are changing after the last Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Colours are changing after the last Update: Greetings!I hope that this is the correct place to post a question... but I do need some help with this matter. There recently was an Windows 10 Update for my device that caused some problems. mostly regarding my sound & microphone-setups. But those I got settled quite...
  3. Colour Management Issues after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Colour Management Issues after 2004 update: A long shot, but does anyone here still use Picasa, in particular the Picasa image viewer, if so or if you've noticed on other photo viewers, is the colour management working for you? Colour management works fine in the main Picasa program for me, but not in the image viewer...
  4. Taskbar Is Not Working after updating Windows 10 Version 2004

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Is Not Working after updating Windows 10 Version 2004: My taskbar is not working after I update the new windows 10 version 2004. some apps working but search bar and start button and notification icon and WIFI icon also not working when I click those icons. also, I have an update that one also not updated due to some errorSome...
  5. Unable to change colour of taskbar

Unable to change colour of taskbar: My taskbar suddenly changed to grey this morning?? I have tried to change it back to the greeny-blue it was but I am unable to do this, even if I follow the instructions given by Bing/microsoft. I have tried all sorts of display adjustments that I am able to change but...
  6. Changing Taskbar Colour

Changing Taskbar Colour: Following the instructions at https://www.bing.com/search?q=change%20taskbar%20color%20windows%2010%20site:microsoft.com&form=B00032&ocid=SettingsHAQ-BingIA&mkt=en-US I get stopped at [ATTACH] because the option to change the taskbar colour is deactivated. How do I fix...
  7. Taskbar changed colour involunarily

Taskbar changed colour involunarily: I have two Dell Inspiron laptops running latest editions of Windows 10 (ver 1903). Over the past few days the taskbar has changed (without any intervention from me) from a dark colour to almost white on both devices (but on different days). This makes the icons difficult, but...
  8. Start screen and Taskbar colours after 1903 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Start screen and Taskbar colours after 1903 update: My update to 1903 went through well but I can not now select( the box is greyed out) to get my accent colour on either my task bar or my start screen background. Whilst not essential I was rather partial to the default Microsoft blue!...
  9. Taskbar colour

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar colour: Since the 1903 update, my taskbar is a light colour. I have been to settings, colour, but the 'start menu, taskbar, action center' box is greyed out. If I change main colour to dark then all folders go dark. I only want a dark taskbar. Any help appreciated. Thank you. 135495
  10. Change taskbar colour

Change taskbar colour: How do I change the taskbar colour to a lighter colour on windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/change-taskbar-colour/d1c0066d-4bff-46d3-9009-a03e45410b05

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 2004 blue taskbar