Windows 10: Taskbar changing

Discus and support Taskbar changing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a hp envy x360 and i am runing on windows 10.The taskbar seems to change sometimes whille logging in. [ATTACH] The taskbar icons are more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kaikia, Aug 12, 2020.

1. kaikia Win User

Taskbar changing

I have a hp envy x360 and i am runing on windows 10.The taskbar seems to change sometimes whille logging in.

Taskbar changing 15960d8d-2a6a-4bb7-a879-28c6ca08e5ae?upload=true.png

The taskbar icons are more spread out.It also does not let me Show the search bar only icon.I am wondering if it is a new update Or something else.Thank you.

:)

kaikia, Aug 12, 2020

2. taskbar tranparency

Hi Dan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will surely assist you with this.

I would suggest you to change the desktop themes and check if you are able to see the transparent taskbar.

If that doesn't help I would suggest you to end the explorer.exe and restart it and see if you are able to see the transparent taskbar.

Please follow the steps below to restart explorer.exe:

stop and start Explorer.exe

• Right click on the taskbar and select task manager.

• In the process Right click on windows explorer and end the task

• Restart the task by clicking on the file and select new task

• Type Explorer.exe and press enter.
    And see if it helps.

Do let us know the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Aug 12, 2020
  3. Error 404 Win User
    Name of program to change taskbars?

uxtheme.dll? I know you can use that to change themes, so it should allow you to change the taskbar theme, if thats what you want.

Error 404, Aug 12, 2020
  4. Taskbar changing

Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Screen Resolution and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows ’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type Settings
    • SelectSystem > Display > Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked
      "(Recommended)”.
    Also try locking and then unlocking the Taskbar and check if this helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click an empty space on the taskbar.
    • If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked.
    • If it does not have a check mark, click Lock the Taskbar.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

Taskbar changing

1. Taskbar changing - Similar Threads - Taskbar changing

2. How do I change the taskbar color on 2 separate displays?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the taskbar color on 2 separate displays?: I'm having trouble with my taskbar. I have 2 different monitors and on my main display the taskbar is almost white or grey, and the other is a very dark blue or black. Can I get them both to be the same color? Thanks,...
  3. How do I change the taskbar color on 2 separate displays?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the taskbar color on 2 separate displays?: I'm having trouble with my taskbar. I have 2 different monitors and on my main display the taskbar is almost white or grey, and the other is a very dark blue or black. Can I get them both to be the same color? Thanks,...
  4. Can't disable Windows 11 Taskbar Peek / Thumbnail Preview. Changing Perfomence...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't disable Windows 11 Taskbar Peek / Thumbnail Preview. Changing Perfomence...: I cannot disable the Taskbar thumbnail previews in Windows 11. It's unclear whether this feature is a thumbnail preview or "peek" as provided for in the many, many, setting windows and it's help pages direct me to, none of which work. I am aware that the Group Policy Editor...
  5. Can't disable Windows 11 Taskbar Peek / Thumbnail Preview. Changing Perfomence...

Can't disable Windows 11 Taskbar Peek / Thumbnail Preview. Changing Perfomence...: I cannot disable the Taskbar thumbnail previews in Windows 11. It's unclear whether this feature is a thumbnail preview or "peek" as provided for in the many, many, setting windows and it's help pages direct me to, none of which work. I am aware that the Group Policy Editor...
  6. In Taskbar settings I cant change the look of the search bar it is only showing if I can...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Taskbar settings I cant change the look of the search bar it is only showing if I can...: When booting up my PC today I saw that my search box is now a bar so I tried to change it but it is only showing off or on how do I fix this?...
  7. In Taskbar settings I cant change the look of the search bar it is only showing if I can...

In Taskbar settings I cant change the look of the search bar it is only showing if I can...: When booting up my PC today I saw that my search box is now a bar so I tried to change it but it is only showing off or on how do I fix this?...
  8. Why can't change the color of start, taskbar and action center on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why can't change the color of start, taskbar and action center on Windows 10?: Hi Microsoft! I'm trying to change the color of start, taskbar and action center on my Windows 10 PC. But when I open settings and go to Personalization>Colors, and choose an accent color, it only applies to the title bars and window borders. There's the Show accent color on...
  9. KB5036450 update has changed the taskbar to be the same as the look as the desktop setting....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5036450 update has changed the taskbar to be the same as the look as the desktop setting....: KB5036450 update has changed the taskbar to be the same as the look as the desktop setting. there is no way to change the taskbar to a solid color anymore You had your desktop and your taskbar had a solid color so you could see your app icons and the time and date. Now you...
  10. KB5036450 update has changed the taskbar to be the same as the look as the desktop setting....

KB5036450 update has changed the taskbar to be the same as the look as the desktop setting....: KB5036450 update has changed the taskbar to be the same as the look as the desktop setting. there is no way to change the taskbar to a solid color anymore You had your desktop and your taskbar had a solid color so you could see your app icons and the time and date. Now you...