Windows 10: Taskbar clock, change date format.

Discus and support Taskbar clock, change date format. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I wanted to change my Win10 taskbar clock to display DDD M D..It is not in the list of format options. I can't type a custom format. .The annoying part... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by rohnski2, Oct 14, 2021.

1. rohnski2 Win User

Taskbar clock, change date format.

I wanted to change my Win10 taskbar clock to display DDD M D..It is not in the list of format options. I can't type a custom format. .The annoying part is I know I had it set that way on my old Win 10 computer. It seems this is just another dis"improvment" from MS taking away user control..Can anyone suggest a way I can beat windows into submission to do what I want.

:)

rohnski2, Oct 14, 2021

2. Clock and date on Taskbar missing

My clock and date disappeared from the taskbar in windows 10. After trying various suggestions, none of which worked, but this did work for me:

Right click on an empty space on the taskbar,

Click settings

In the option "Move Taskbar" move it to right or top of the screen and the clock reappears, when I returned the taskbar back to the bottom, the clock and date was still visible.

Obviously a Microsoft Glitch, in the windows 10 Anniversary update. I haven't restarted my PC since, so will be interesting to see if the clock remains there.

JohnCooling, Oct 14, 2021
  3. Martmcd Win User
    Fix clock display format

the day of the week will be displayed if you make the taskbar slightly larger

right click on taskbar, make sure the 'lock all taskbars' is not ticked. then drag the top of the taskbar upwards.

to change the date layout

settings -> Time & Language -> Date & Time -> formats, look for the 'change date and time formats' link

also check that your Region & Language settings are correct.

the calendar can be found in the all apps list, right click on it and pin to start, to put the tile back.

what do you mean by

similar to what the system tray clock calendar does when it "faults".?

what happens when the clock faults?

Martmcd, Oct 14, 2021
  4. KopyKat58 Win User

taskbar clock/date long format in windows 10

ANNOYING - trying to write this post and get answers for Windows 8. Windows 10 is a different beast.

WINDOWS 10 - taskbar clock and date are visible only in SHORT format. There is no option to choose long format that I can find. All searches come up with Windows 8 answers because they are the same for Windows 10 - NOT. Is there a way to change to long format?
    Or is this another case of Microsoft knows best?

KopyKat58, Oct 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Taskbar clock, change date format. - Similar Threads - Taskbar clock change

2. Change Date format

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Date format: How do I change date format from month day year to day month year? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-date-format/2e0b3c4b-67d5-42ed-9baf-da4c50520878
  3. Change Date format

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Date format: How do I change date format from month day year to day month year? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-date-format/2e0b3c4b-67d5-42ed-9baf-da4c50520878
  4. Change Date format

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Taskbar clock, change date format.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar clock, change date format.: I wanted to change my Win10 taskbar clock to display DDD M D..It is not in the list of format options. I can't type a custom format. .The annoying part is I know I had it set that way on my old Win 10 computer. It seems this is just another dis"improvment" from MS taking away...
  6. Taskbar clock, change date format.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar clock, change date format.: I wanted to change my Win10 taskbar clock to display DDD M D..It is not in the list of format options. I can't type a custom format. .The annoying part is I know I had it set that way on my old Win 10 computer. It seems this is just another dis"improvment" from MS taking away...
  7. Taskbar clock won't display long date format

Taskbar clock won't display long date format: Taskbar clock bottom right was showing long date format, i.e. "dddd, dd. MMMM yyyy." Today it not me decided to switch back to short:I want a simple 24H short time format e.g. 11:46 is just fine, but I want the long date format, i.e. "sreda, 15. septembar 2021.". Something...
  8. Clock and date on taskbar

Clock and date on taskbar: Hey all I just installed the new preview of Win 10 19624 and now my time and date are gone. I tried the right click to go to properties to fix it and properties weren't there. I went to the settings menu and didn't see it there either. How can I fix this?...
  9. Clock and date in taskbar

Clock and date in taskbar: I have tried every thing I can think of, but the clock and date do NOT show in the taskbar on the right. I've added clock 1 or clock 2, I've gone thru setting and control panel. I've rebooted the computer. How do I get a clock and date to show on my taskbar?...
  10. Change date format

Change date format: how do i change date format to mm/dd/yyy. currently it shows dd/mm/yyyy. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/change-date-format/369e7554-8e46-40f7-b522-b8c0a3b672ef