Windows 10: Taskbar colour

Discus and support Taskbar colour in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since the 1903 update, my taskbar is a light colour. I have been to settings, colour, but the 'start menu, taskbar, action center' box is greyed out.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by john3650, Jun 26, 2019.

1. john3650 Win User

Taskbar colour

Since the 1903 update, my taskbar is a light colour. I have been to settings, colour, but the 'start menu, taskbar, action center' box is greyed out.
    If I change main colour to dark then all folders go dark. I only want a dark taskbar.
    Any help appreciated.
    Thank you.

:)

john3650, Jun 26, 2019
  2. Fenestrix Win User

Independent taskbar and window border colours?

One of the things I find most annoying about Windows 7, being a long-time XP user, is the lack of independent colour settings for the various GUI elements, for example, the taskbar, active window title bar and active window border colours are not separately settable. I see no reason whatsoever why this has to be so - XP offered far, far more flexibility in this respect.

As far as I can see, we still have the same situation with Windows 10. It appears to be impossible to have the taskbar a different colour to the active window title bar and border. It is even impossible to get the taskbar to be a solid colour - it is always transparent. There is not even a Windows 7-like opacity control. A massive step backwards in user personalisation control.

And why doe the window border have to be so thin? I can hardly see it at all.

Fenestrix, Jun 26, 2019
  3. mo golf Win User
    Change taskbar colour

How do I change the taskbar colour to a lighter colour on windows 10?

mo golf, Jun 26, 2019
  4. bhaskar Win User

Taskbar colour

change colour in calendar

unfortunately you cannot just change the text colour of the date.

Is there a way to make a suggestion for this?

in the mean time, i will have to turn off the use of accent colours on the taskbar.

shame i can't use the blue colour i wanted Taskbar colour :(

bhaskar, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

Taskbar colour

1. Taskbar colour - Similar Threads - Taskbar colour

2. How can I change the colour of my taskbar without changing my computers entire theme?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change the colour of my taskbar without changing my computers entire theme?: My taskbar suddenly changed colour, when I try to change it back the volume slider and theme of my computer also changes, how can I change my taskbar back without changing the colour of everything else on my computer?...
  3. How can I change the colour of my taskbar without changing my computers entire theme?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I change the colour of my taskbar without changing my computers entire theme?: My taskbar suddenly changed colour, when I try to change it back the volume slider and theme of my computer also changes, how can I change my taskbar back without changing the colour of everything else on my computer?...
  4. How can I change the colour of my taskbar without changing my computers entire theme?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Taskbar colour

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar colour: I'm hoping to get an answer but, My question is, on Windows 10 New Installations the taskbar tends to vary between being black, or white, as if some are in dark mode and others are in light mode.I'm referring to for example, I will use windows media creation tool to create a...
  6. Taskbar colour

Taskbar colour: I'm hoping to get an answer but, My question is, on Windows 10 New Installations the taskbar tends to vary between being black, or white, as if some are in dark mode and others are in light mode.I'm referring to for example, I will use windows media creation tool to create a...
  7. Taskbar colour

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Unable to change the colour of the taskbar on Win 11 22H2

Unable to change the colour of the taskbar on Win 11 22H2: I tried to change the theme and colours, but it doesn't work. The taskbar only flickers. See the photo for more details. And when I try to set a light colour scheme the icons are hidden, they just can't be seen first n' second photo . They are only visible in the dark colour...
  9. Unable to change the colour of the taskbar on Win 11 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change the colour of the taskbar on Win 11 22H2: I tried to change the theme and colours, but it doesn't work. The taskbar only flickers. See the photo for more details. And when I try to set a light colour scheme the icons are hidden, they just can't be seen first n' second photo . They are only visible in the dark colour...
  10. Cannot remove misleading 'active window' indicator line on taskbar, even setting the colour...

Cannot remove misleading 'active window' indicator line on taskbar, even setting the colour...: I've just upgraded to windows 10 from 7, and am having an issue which seems to have plagued a lot of people over the years, but for which I can't find any information about whether there's a fix now, and it's making it very difficult for me to work.On the taskbar, every...