Windows 10: taskbar constantly freezing, requiring laptop to restart to fix it, happens constantly

Discus and support taskbar constantly freezing, requiring laptop to restart to fix it, happens constantly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hey there. recently my laptop, which runs windows 10, has been having a problem where after 10-30 mins of restarting it, my laptops taskbar will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dexter42000, Jul 19, 2020.

1. taskbar constantly freezing, requiring laptop to restart to fix it, happens constantly

hey there. recently my laptop, which runs windows 10, has been having a problem where after 10-30 mins of restarting it, my laptops taskbar will freeze. ive tried EVERYTHING but pressing ctrl + shift + esc doesnt do anything, and usually the mouse and everything else will freeze too. also, if i keep the laptop on but idle for a time it will also freeze and cause me to have to restart. im desperate for an answer i cant deal with this anymore im at the end of my rope. its all the time. i just want to work on stuff. ill even record what happens if anyone needs footage to understand just please help.

:)

dexter42000, Jul 19, 2020

2. Windows 10 Constantly Freezes

Windows 10 on PC constantly freezes. I called support with no help. It freezes every 2-3 minutes. This is unacceptable and I don't know what to do. The Windows rep suggest that I could go back to Windows 8. I've had 10 for almost two months and I would
    like to keep it; I just want it to stop freezing my PC. I have tried the various suggestions given to no avail, this is a Windows 10 problem. PLEASE HELP

ShakeelaMuhammad, Jul 19, 2020
  3. Taskbar, desktop and fire explorer often freeze

My taskbar, desktop and file explorer are constantly freezing and need to be restarted through ctrl, alt, escape and restart windows explorer to get them to work again.

The "freezing" always resembles either the taskbar/desktop overlapping itself and multiple instances of all graphics clipping over each other, or just plain black nothingness. Often file explorer will completely fail to open after the first freeze and require
    a full pc restart in order to work again.

This happens very often (usually around an hour between each freeze) and I've been unable to find anybody else with this issue, so fixing it has been impossible for me.

Bamadeus495, Jul 19, 2020
  4. Maxernity Win User

taskbar constantly freezing, requiring laptop to restart to fix it, happens constantly

My computer freezes constantly and sometimes restart itself. taskbar constantly freezing, requiring laptop to restart to fix it, happens constantly :( error message "Watchdog stop code"

My computer freezes constantly and sometimes restart itself but often it just stays there frozen for hours and nothing happens. On Friday I got a blue screen with a sad face taskbar constantly freezing, requiring laptop to restart to fix it, happens constantly :( error message "Watchdog stop code" something like that. That only happened
    once and now it constantly freezes all the time. I just did a reset and kept my files but still it freezes. It is less than a year old. Can someone help? I use an ASUS VivoBook Max low end and on the latest windows update

Maxernity, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

taskbar constantly freezing, requiring laptop to restart to fix it, happens constantly

1. taskbar constantly freezing, requiring laptop to restart to fix it, happens constantly - Similar Threads - taskbar constantly freezing

2. PC constantly restarts and freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC constantly restarts and freezes: I recently bought a new pc after a Windows update broke my old one. This one started to restart randomly but it didn't bother me too much, it seemed random and nothing was normally important when it did so, it always booted up quickly afterwards. But now after a day it...
  3. PC constantly restarts and freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC constantly restarts and freezes: I recently bought a new pc after a Windows update broke my old one. This one started to restart randomly but it didn't bother me too much, it seemed random and nothing was normally important when it did so, it always booted up quickly afterwards. But now after a day it...
  4. Laptop constantly restarting at startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop constantly restarting at startup: Laptop keeps restarting constantly. After a few times it starts preparing auto repair and diagnosing but still force restarts during the process. Going into troubleshooting is possible but still restarts after a few seconds. Is there any way to bypass the PC from loading the...
  5. Computer constantly restarting and freezing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer constantly restarting and freezing: Hi. I have a Windows 10. My computer has been constantly restarting, and freezing with my keyboard turning off, leaving me to restart it on my own. This has been a problem since about April 7th, this year. It's starting to get annoying, and I want to know how I can fix...
  6. Constant freezing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Constant freezing: My PC freezes constantly, every 2 - 3 seconds. It only lasts half a second, but it happens so often it is almost impossible to use. This also causes the audio to cut out and glitch very frequently, and as a music producer this is extremely frustrating. Any help is much...
  7. Computer Constantly Freezing/Restarting

Computer Constantly Freezing/Restarting: I built my current PC back in August, and it has worked amazingly, except for the fact that it constantly freezes and/or crashes at random. I have been through forum after forum trying to diagnose the problem, but everything I try has no effect. I have tried setting the...
  8. Laptop constantly freezes

Laptop constantly freezes: Last year I bought an ASUS VivoBook Max X541N. It'd make a strange sound when was on and after two weeks its hard disk had to be changed, but not sure why. Before that, it'd freeze sometimes and when I tried to put it on sleep mode, it wouldn't stop and when I opened it,...
  9. Freezing constantly

Freezing constantly: First the PC started to freeze after leaving the PC idle for 2-3min, sometimes a bit longer (been happening since around two months ago). The screen/audio would freeze if I didn't constantly use the mouse or keyboard, turning it off normally didn't work either so I had to...
  10. Wifi constantly dropping and requiring restart to fix - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi constantly dropping and requiring restart to fix - Windows 10: Recently bought a new laptop for online work, my first experience with Windows 10. Every 15-30 minutes the wifi drops and will not reconnect unless I restart the computer. I've searched for solutions, and some say to change the power management settings so that it doesn't...